Author Topic: Dark Light Thread III  (Read 110208 times)

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
Re: Dark Light Thread III
« Reply #575 on: October 06, 2005, 03:41:26 PM »
I'm of the group that enjoys the album. It may not be as punchy as Love Metal, but that's not what I like about HIM. I like the melodic side, and thus DSBH is my favorite album. Dark Light is also very melodic and I like that alot. Granted I do miss some of the guitar that we are all used to, but this is a new album, and the band is going into new territory, trying new things. Some work, some don't.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

kirkenix

« Reply #576 on: October 06, 2005, 04:18:56 PM »
I love everything about H.I.M. i love all their cd's and every song on all the cd's however now they r becomeing above ground and they are starting to gain recognition all over the states.... I liked them mostly cuz they were a underground hardcore goth rock band and now its changin, so far i like their cd, but i hope they stay true to their music

Offline 6_6_6

• Made Man
  • Dance Fucker Dance
    • my poor HIM collection
« Reply #577 on: October 06, 2005, 04:20:01 PM »
I see someone come in with 19 posts

Post count doesnt mean a thing, Anthony can actually see the album for what it is, junk. I dont hate the album but its my least favourite of all 5, it lacks real passion. Also Linde pretty much uses the same effect on his guitar for the whole album. Sounds lame after a few times through.

I totally agree with this hear. It is my least favourite album of theirs also and there are only cirtain trackst that i actually enjoy: Vampire Heart, Nightside Of Eden, Killing Lonliness and Under The Rose.
I thought the rest of the album would grow on me. Yeh some of the other songs are good but they dont match up to HIM's previous material. I'm quite disapointed with the album and I'm pretty much bored with it now. I just hope HIM don't stay sounding like this because it is very boring.

chad

« Reply #578 on: October 06, 2005, 04:36:19 PM »
I guess they figured they had to do something that would grab certain Americans attention.  Meaning something  totally different that fans of the "mainstream music" would like.  If  that makes any sense.

Offline Jambo

« Reply #579 on: October 06, 2005, 04:44:03 PM »
Just saw the funniest thing on Gonzo on MTV2, Zane Lowe ripped the piss out of HIM. So amusing.

Offline FRO

• I <3 Pandas
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
« Reply #580 on: October 06, 2005, 04:51:56 PM »
details??

Offline alterego

• Made Man
  • love me, like you love the sun
« Reply #581 on: October 06, 2005, 05:45:01 PM »
i'll admit while i love the hell out of the album, it is my least favorite.  they had to give up quite a bit to become "americanized" and that sucks.
i absolutely hated vampire heart when we first heard it live.  but now, understanding the lyrics, i think its one of the most beautifully written songs they've done.

(but resurrection still owns)

EDIT- just got this

Thank you to all who picked up Dark Light in the pre-order or the first week of release.  Because of you and because of Heartagram Team's dedication through the past few months, Dark Light debuted at #18 in the US on the Billboard Top 200.  This is quite an accomplishment and you deserve to share the glory with the band.

Of course, our work isn't done yet.  As music fans start hearing about HIM more and seeing the video on TV, it's up to us to be there to keep them informed of what the band is about. To keep you motivated through October, HIM has autographed a guitar to award the top teamer.

Direct your friends and prospective music fans to HIM's A to Z page at MTV.com.  The page features content that can be appreciated by diehards like you, as well as prospective HIM converts.  The newest addition to the page is Bam Margera presents: HIM, where fellow fan Margera takes you behind-the-scenes with the band and shares his experiences with HIM.  Hit up your friends with this link:  www.mtv.com/bands/az/him___/artist.jhtml.

The new HIM store is open for business, with brand new shirts, thermals, hoodies, and more featuring Dark Light artwork.  Check it out at www.heartagram.com/store and stay tuned for new additions to the store.

HIM is prepared to plow through your town with Finch and Skindred.  You do NOT want to miss these shows.  Post the dates on message boards, Myspace, and your online journals, and talk up your own local show wherever you can.
Sat 10.08.05 // Mountain View, CA Download Festival
Sun 10.09.05 // Santa Barbara, CA UCSB
Mon 10.10.05 //San Diego, CA SOMA
Tue 10.11.05 // Tempe, AZ Marquee Theatre
Wed 10.12.05 // Las Vegas, NV House of Blues
Fri 10.14.05 // Los Angeles, CA Wiltern Theatre
Sat 10.15.05 // Los Angeles, CA Wiltern Theatre
Wed 10.19.05 // Denver, CO Ogden Theatre
Fri 10.21.05 // Minneapolis, MN The Quest
Sat 10.22.05 // Chicago, IL Riviera Theatre
Sun 10.23.05 // Milwaukee, WI Eagles Ballroom
Mon 10.24.05 // St. Louis, MO The Pageant
Wed 10.26.05 // San Antonio, TX TBD
Thu 10.27.05 // Houston, TX Verizon Wireless Theatre
Fri 10.28.05 // Ft. Worth, TX Ridglea Theatre
Tue 11.01.05 // Gainesville, FL Abbey Road
Wed 11.02.05 // Atlanta, GA Masquerade
Thu 11.03.05 // Orlando, FL House of Blues
Fri 11.04.05 // Ft. Lauderdale, FL Revolution
Mon 11.07.05 // Cincinnati, OH TBD
Tue 11.08.05 // Columbus, OH Newport Music Hall
Wed 11.09.05 // Pittsburgh, PA Club Zoo
Fri 11.11.05 // Cleveland, OH The Agora Theatre
Sat 11.12.05 // Detroit, MI State Theatre
Sun 11.13.05 // Toronto, ONT Kool Haus
Mon 11.14.05 // Montreal, QUE Metropolis
Thu 11.17.05 // Boston, MA Avalon
Fri 11.18.05 // New York, NY Hammerstein Ballroom
Mon 11.21.05 // Norfolk, VA Norva
Tue 11.22.05 // Washington, DC 9:30 Club
Wed 11.23.05 // Philadelphia, PA Electric Factory
Thu 11.24.05 // Philadelphia, PA Electric Factory

When you post about Dark Light, MTV.com, and the current tour, make sure to submit reports at Heartagram Team to be in the running for the signed guitar..  Log in, hit "Report" and tell us what you did.  Make sure to submit a link to your posting, or a screen shot of your work.  We'll approve your reports for credits toward the autographed guitar and the top Heartagram Team member will win.

Again, thank you all for your support and devotion.

-Heartagram Team

www.heartagram.com/team
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 05:47:02 PM by alterego »

Offline Scully2828

• Picciotto
  • i am jacks smirking revenge
« Reply #582 on: October 06, 2005, 07:43:33 PM »
jet black i understand what you mean.

the only thing i hate is ITNSOE  the shitty thing at the end i just laughed. i love the beggining and dark light is a good song in my opinion cuz its not expected when you hear it. i know i expected alot outta it but idk i like it. but since this is my first time i actually followed a HIM cd fully i gues thats why i like it so much.

how much can you know about yourself if youve never been in a fight

Offline ZomB

• The Rebel
  • Made Man
  • a lil' bit country & a lil' bit rock 'n' roll
« Reply #583 on: October 06, 2005, 11:41:44 PM »
I think you and your sucky screenname sucks.
Naw, it's not me taking criticism bad, it's this kid coming into a HIM Dark Light thread and just saying 'it sucks' without reason. I think he's doing it just to piss us off. I'm not pissed off, but I just said it back.

I don't mind anyone's criticism as long as they give sound reasoning and give it intelligently.
I hope you realize I don't care who the fuck anyone is or who they used to be.

But I still say, he should give reasoning. I'll never say something sucks for no reason, I may say I don't care for it, but if I hate it, I have a reason.

But then, I just said what I said as a joke and you are getting all pissy about it.
Psch, whatever. I see someone come in with 19 posts and just says it sucks for no reason and I make a lil' comment and you're getting pissy. I don't care if you're mad or not, but you're definatly pissy.

But I really don't care that much.

*ahem* youre not that very bright are you...shush!  >:(

it sucks. i admit that i dont find it as bad as i thought i would but anthony is right..it lacks that "HIM feeling"  :-\

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #584 on: October 06, 2005, 11:50:58 PM »
Seriously though, if y'all didn't know that was Anthony or whoever, just some random newbie showed up and made that comment y'all would hate on them.

Really, I don't care if he doesn't like Dark Light, that's his opinion and I respect it and even see where he's coming from. I just didn't like how he said it sucked and didn't even explain why. And I made my lil' comment and everyone started getting upset.

Offline Razorblade_666

« Reply #585 on: October 07, 2005, 05:14:48 AM »
i got Dark Light yesterday. im gonna have to listen to it a lot more before i can make judgement on it, but i like the first 4 songs a lot.

Dark Light (the song) is a bit crap. the verse is quite rockin, but the chorus is just well.... shite.

other than that im liking it so far.

oh and i got the box set thing off of recordstore.com. pretty darn groovy if i may say so.

Dark_secret_lovr

« Reply #586 on: October 07, 2005, 10:17:28 AM »
Seriously though, if y'all didn't know that was Anthony or whoever, just some random newbie showed up and made that comment y'all would hate on them.

Really, I don't care if he doesn't like Dark Light, that's his opinion and I respect it and even see where he's coming from. I just didn't like how he said it sucked and didn't even explain why. And I made my lil' comment and everyone started getting upset.

*bitch slap* just drop it kid AND STOP those fucking y'alss wigger FUCK just dont have to type like you talk

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #587 on: October 07, 2005, 11:42:40 AM »
he can type how he wants, it's not like you can't understand it.

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #588 on: October 07, 2005, 12:58:21 PM »

*bitch slap* just drop it kid AND STOP those fucking y'alss wigger FUCK just dont have to type like you talk

So now I'm a WIGGER because I talk with a TEXAN TWANG? Haha, that's pretty funny.

Dark_secret_lovr

« Reply #589 on: October 07, 2005, 01:12:17 PM »

reaon why you arent like fat fuck you think you know it all smart ass....

jetblack there are alot of texan's here and they dont type like they talk i dont even type like they talk like i told you before i have the ghettoest (is that even a word) accent and i talk "ganster" but you dont see me typing like that.

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #590 on: October 07, 2005, 01:16:00 PM »

reaon why you arent like fat fuck you think you know it all smart ass....

That doesn't even make sense.

I don't care how other people talk or how they type. I don't go around saying 'hey you guys', I say 'hey, y'all' so when I type, I'm not going to think to even do the other way.

Dark_secret_lovr

« Reply #591 on: October 07, 2005, 01:30:59 PM »
dude hey you guys is for gay ass ritch people when i greet someone i say waz up bitch or what's crackin playa or even hey moda fucka in funny voice  8)

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #592 on: October 07, 2005, 01:34:02 PM »
And I'm sure if I tried to say something like that you'd bitch about that.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #593 on: October 07, 2005, 01:37:36 PM »
I say ya'll when I type sometimes. And it's not even with a thick accent either!

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #594 on: October 07, 2005, 01:51:18 PM »
I say ya'll when I type sometimes. And it's not even with a thick accent either!

The funniest thing about all this to me is, most people don't even believe I'm from Texas when they hear me talk. Most think I'm from Europe or something, I have no trace of a Texas accent.

I talked to my Theater teacher who knows alot about accents and she says I speak in 'American Standard' which is pretty much the accent around Kansas, central US.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #595 on: October 07, 2005, 01:53:04 PM »
I tend to speak with a mixture of that and New York Jew. It's crazy when in one sentence I can go from saying ya'll to oy vey!

Offline ZomB

• The Rebel
  • Made Man
  • a lil' bit country & a lil' bit rock 'n' roll
« Reply #596 on: October 07, 2005, 05:11:08 PM »
i say y'all and im from california  ::)

so... back on topic? yeah, i thought so.  ;)

Offline alterego

• Made Man
  • love me, like you love the sun
« Reply #597 on: October 07, 2005, 05:12:24 PM »
um, yeah, so how about them dodgers?? :P

(ya beat me to it betsy)

Offline Thulsa Doom

• Helsinki Vampire
  • Associate
« Reply #598 on: October 07, 2005, 05:53:19 PM »
A lot of people have something wierd about their DNA. Me, my brother, and my sister all have red hair, but the last time my faimly had a red head was about 12 generations ago.

WTF?! ;D +1 cause you're way off topic and made me laugh.

Back to Dark Light, I heard the German version with a DVD was false info and it's really just the book + The Cage.  Anyone else hear this?

chad

« Reply #599 on: October 07, 2005, 08:02:56 PM »
Anyone hear any plans of the album being on vinyl?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 08:03:55 PM by chad »