Author Topic: Dark Light Thread III  (Read 109851 times)

Offline Mat1az

• Picciotto
  • I unlit the light to embrace the dark
Re: Dark Light Thread III
« Reply #550 on: October 05, 2005, 05:43:42 PM »
I guess you are talking about the Internet version, ordered mine to day.

I just cant understand how people can be so stupid and bid on it on ebay and other sites for 50$+

http://cgi.ebay.com/HIM-DARK-LIGHT-Rare-Internet-only-edition_W0QQitemZ4775114467QQcategoryZ307QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.huuto.net/fi/showitem.php3?itemid=21898435

Offline Scully2828

• Picciotto
  • i am jacks smirking revenge
« Reply #551 on: October 05, 2005, 09:39:19 PM »
did ne one else see this i just got it, you had to buy the shrink wrap cd in order to get it. i got mine at the exchange ( a local record store)

(yes under my shirt is the promo stuff in that gigantic envelope) lol
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 09:43:16 PM by Scully2828 »

how much can you know about yourself if youve never been in a fight

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #552 on: October 05, 2005, 09:45:41 PM »
No, how'd you get that?! I bought the shrinkwrapped CD and didn't get nuttin' but the CD itself.

EDIT: Anyone figure out the low mumbly parts in BTCD or ITNOE yet?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 09:48:01 PM by JetBlack944 »

Offline Scully2828

• Picciotto
  • i am jacks smirking revenge
« Reply #553 on: October 05, 2005, 09:52:52 PM »
it was in the city paper (pittsburgh) they said at the exchange record store if you bought dark light you would get a free t shirt with your purchase. it was awesome. credit to vtioldlde for finding this out.

if you send money me and vtioldlde will get u one  pm one of us for offers
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 09:55:50 PM by Scully2828 »

how much can you know about yourself if youve never been in a fight

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #554 on: October 05, 2005, 09:53:50 PM »
You gotta hook me up man! I want a T-shirt and we don't have any Exchanges around here, just Hastings and all the promotion they have is my girlfriend and I doing it ourselves.

Offline Greg

• racecar is racecar backwards
  • Mobbed Up
  • The first cut is the deepest
« Reply #555 on: October 06, 2005, 09:14:05 AM »
i got home last night n my mum sed she found this dark light dvd, and i was like WTF!!!!!! so i looked at it and it was 'darren hayes,DARK LIGHT tour'

i jus walked off

Offline FRO

• I <3 Pandas
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
« Reply #556 on: October 06, 2005, 09:33:00 AM »
lol.

Offline vtioldlde

• Associate
  • its been some time
« Reply #557 on: October 06, 2005, 10:00:14 AM »
 When i talked to the people that worked at the exchange they said they only got a 1 box of shirts but if anyone wants one pm me or scully about it and will hook you up

ill try to get a picture of the add in the city papper up

The Laundry Boyz 4 lyfe!
R.I.P John Scully

mtvsucks

« Reply #558 on: October 06, 2005, 11:03:28 AM »
I think this album totally sucks.

Dark_secret_lovr

« Reply #559 on: October 06, 2005, 11:20:41 AM »
fortunally enough you arent the only one anthony

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #560 on: October 06, 2005, 11:21:06 AM »
I think you and your sucky screenname sucks.

Offline Thulsa Doom

• Helsinki Vampire
  • Associate
« Reply #561 on: October 06, 2005, 11:28:42 AM »
EDIT: Anyone figure out the low mumbly parts in BTCD or ITNOE yet?

At the end of ITNOE after "Crucified to a dream," the mumble played backwards says something like "Tell me, Tell me when, Tell me when you're recording."

Dark_secret_lovr

« Reply #562 on: October 06, 2005, 11:34:02 AM »

here we go again...... you have to be able to take critisim kid

mtvsucks

« Reply #563 on: October 06, 2005, 11:45:12 AM »

I said the album sucks, some other people among the board think the same. They had to make a bad album eventually...

Deal with it.

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #564 on: October 06, 2005, 11:45:40 AM »
Naw, it's not me taking criticism bad, it's this kid coming into a HIM Dark Light thread and just saying 'it sucks' without reason. I think he's doing it just to piss us off. I'm not pissed off, but I just said it back.

I don't mind anyone's criticism as long as they give sound reasoning and give it intelligently.

Dark_secret_lovr

« Reply #565 on: October 06, 2005, 11:48:31 AM »
Naw, it's not me taking criticism bad, it's this kid coming into a HIM Dark Light thread and just saying 'it sucks' without reason. I think he's doing it just to piss us off. I'm not pissed off, but I just said it back.

I don't mind anyone's criticism as long as they give sound reasoning and give it intelligently.

dude this kid has been here longer then you his an ex mod and a member of the 9th circle he owns you  so shut the fuck up ( by the way he gave up being a mod he didn't get demoded)

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #566 on: October 06, 2005, 11:51:29 AM »
I hope you realize I don't care who the fuck anyone is or who they used to be.

But I still say, he should give reasoning. I'll never say something sucks for no reason, I may say I don't care for it, but if I hate it, I have a reason.

But then, I just said what I said as a joke and you are getting all pissy about it.

Dark_secret_lovr

« Reply #567 on: October 06, 2005, 11:54:17 AM »
oh dude believe me it takes more then your stupid remarks to piss me off i admit im a bit edgie today you can find out why on the random bullshit thread but anyway dude if he does like it just like i dont like most of the CD he doesnt need to have a reason to say it sucks

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #568 on: October 06, 2005, 12:05:42 PM »
Psch, whatever. I see someone come in with 19 posts and just says it sucks for no reason and I make a lil' comment and you're getting pissy. I don't care if you're mad or not, but you're definatly pissy.

But I really don't care that much.

mtvsucks

« Reply #569 on: October 06, 2005, 12:19:33 PM »
Here's why it sucks:

1. The album is heavily over-produced. Why not make something that's virtually impossible to re-create live? It lacks power, it lacks raw-ness. It lacks that HIM feeling.

2. The sound of it is just shitty. Pop-rock garble to just get onto the charts. They should of just called this 'Love Metal II: Dark Light' - Speaking of 'Dark Light' this song sounds like something I'd hear at a Sunday gathering at Church.

3. There's nothing that stands out at all - lyrically or musically - just bullshit catchy choruses and heavily watered down guitars due to the almighty keyboards.

I try to like this album more and more, but I don't.

Is this good enough for you?

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #570 on: October 06, 2005, 12:23:24 PM »
Hey, everyone has their own opinion, I just ask that people know why they have that opinion and you definatly do.

I disagree, I see your points and can definatly hear them in the album, but I love Dark Light. I think it sounds alot more like DSBH than LM though.

Dark_secret_lovr

« Reply #571 on: October 06, 2005, 12:29:56 PM »
then why make a comment about it?

anyway i went to circuit city to buy a few items ( Lord of Dogtown unratd DVD PS 2 wireless controller raibow six Lockdown*great game*) when i went to the CD section i noticed that they had two diffrent kinds of Dark Light blue shrink wrap and a regular jewel case so i have four versions of this cd now * FOR COLLECTION PURPOES ONLY*

chad

« Reply #572 on: October 06, 2005, 12:49:08 PM »
I'm not being a smartass or anything, correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't you say that you were only getting the Internet edition.  Maybe it was someone else though.

Offline Jambo

« Reply #573 on: October 06, 2005, 03:01:00 PM »
I see someone come in with 19 posts

Post count doesnt mean a thing, Anthony can actually see the album for what it is, junk. I dont hate the album but its my least favourite of all 5, it lacks real passion. Also Linde pretty much uses the same effect on his guitar for the whole album. Sounds lame after a few times through.

Only stand out song is "Nightside of eden" just because its so different but still sounds so HIM. Behind the crimson door is crap because of the backing vocals, it ruins the whole song.

Offline Lori

« Reply #574 on: October 06, 2005, 03:21:50 PM »

I was surprised to find that I love every song on Dark Light - over the weeks all have grown on me immensly. Even the track Dark Light, which I wasn't keen on at first, I now think is beautiful.
Now about liking every song: this is not because it's HIM and I am supposed to like everything they do - but simply because I genuinely do LOVE everything about this cd. I think it has an amazing feeling to it - very atmospheric, harmonies/melodies. The whole feel of it takes me off to a world of my own. I have gotten deeper and deeper into this album and it has clicked with me in a big way. I am very impressed. And I even like all the new artwork that has come with it.

I couldn't say it any better myself.   I am head over heels with this album and love it more each time I listen.  It thrills me to bits. 

I was afraid of not liking this album because eventually every band I have ever liked/loved has released an album I didn't like.  Dark Light is not the one - thank heavens.