Author Topic: Dark Light Thread III  (Read 109856 times)

chad

Re: Dark Light Thread III
« Reply #150 on: September 20, 2005, 12:48:04 PM »

So the Fan Edition has different CD art than the regular album, nice!

I guess they started sending them out. :)

That pic isnt showing up.  Can someone repost?

Loves_Blade

« Reply #151 on: September 20, 2005, 01:34:27 PM »
Its showing up for me.

Offline Greg

• racecar is racecar backwards
  • Mobbed Up
  • The first cut is the deepest
« Reply #152 on: September 20, 2005, 01:56:03 PM »
dude that fucking flashlight looks awesome, man the shows in january are going to be covered in them...thanks 4 the album review it seemed pretty much poy-fect

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #153 on: September 20, 2005, 02:05:13 PM »
is it a keyring or is it just a stick?

DarkBlackSails

« Reply #154 on: September 20, 2005, 04:32:55 PM »
Probably a key ring.

Is it just me, or does the beginning of The Cage sound like the beginning of And Love Said No?

Offline Thulsa Doom

• Helsinki Vampire
  • Associate
« Reply #155 on: September 20, 2005, 05:18:25 PM »
According to the person who got the fan edition early, it's limited to 20,000 copies. 

This certificate verifies this is an authentic HIM special edition of the album "Dark Light." This edition has been limited to a quantity of 20,000 and will not be produced in any other editions in the future.

Offline Greg

• Mobbed Up
« Reply #156 on: September 20, 2005, 05:19:58 PM »
sweet, i got mine on the way ;D

chad

« Reply #157 on: September 20, 2005, 05:21:56 PM »
Probably a key ring.

Is it just me, or does the beginning of The Cage sound like the beginning of And Love Said No?

Yep.  I thought of that when i heard it too.

Offline Tauriainen

« Reply #158 on: September 20, 2005, 05:37:59 PM »
Well I have the Promo as slated.
Nothing out of the blues. Comes with personal information about contacting the material owners of the Label and the department.
The Same version as everyone got as all I could say, I havent played it yet. I will do it when I get back from work.

Offline razor

« Reply #159 on: September 20, 2005, 05:48:34 PM »
i want to see the outside of the tin.

Offline NEGATIVE nancy (freewm3)

• Associate
  • The only game I know is strip solitaire
    • My myspace
« Reply #160 on: September 20, 2005, 10:13:50 PM »
isnt it a little early to e getting this? i mean i was expecting manday, maybe saturday. oh well. hope i get mine soon

Offline razor

« Reply #161 on: September 20, 2005, 10:15:36 PM »
hmph, i haven't even got my shipment conformation email yet. i just ordered the limited edtion off amazon.

Loves_Blade

« Reply #162 on: September 20, 2005, 10:16:43 PM »
I got my shipment confirmation. It says they shipped it out yesterday.

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #163 on: September 20, 2005, 11:34:39 PM »
I haven't gotten a confirmation e-mail yet and I ordered my Internet-Only as soon as Warner put it, before it was even on Heartagram.com. I hope there's no problems with it.

Offline MMH

« Reply #164 on: September 21, 2005, 03:34:35 AM »
Are there any more of the internet only editions left and if so, somebody wanna order one for me?  I can send you money via paypal.  I don't have a credit card though or else I'd do it myself.

Offline buddings

« Reply #165 on: September 21, 2005, 04:18:53 AM »
you can pay using paypal on the site
Dope + danny = explosion

Offline Bender Bending R.

• Assistant Manager of Sales, Cerveza, Por favor!
  • Associate
    • .:HIM - The Complete Discography :.
« Reply #166 on: September 21, 2005, 09:56:54 AM »
Well I have the Promo as slated.
what promo? the white or the black one

yesterday i listened the full album a lot of times, they do a great work again
my favourites: under the rose, play dead and in the nightside of eden
but i love the full album, much better that i was expecting

jp

« Reply #167 on: September 21, 2005, 10:44:11 AM »
i find the cd, nothing like what i expected. kinda disappointed. ie Dark Light sounds like a Hymn song you sing at a church, and the rest don't compare to DSBH. everyone just think it's great because they are expecting it to be good. im really disappointed...i thought theyd sing about something different, but i was wrong  devils, his soul, darkness, depression,etc... take my hand/life, nothing wows me. at least in the other cd's have variation in guitar and drums, this all sounds the same. i still love love metal and the before stuff but not this cd. i think they tried to hit the 13-16 year old girl range. now a true fan honestly tell me their review, i know a lot of people that liked him for the past year will differ but if you listended to him from the beginning youd understand.
it is definitely not "hard core love metal". and making you happy is also known as Emo. everyone can say they've been heartbroken, so HIM sings about that and that is how they sell records, its called marketing,  but this is a review of the album which i have to say( as being a fan from the beginning)  a complete disappointment. a boo hoo instead of a woo hoo
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 11:14:25 AM by jp »

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #168 on: September 21, 2005, 11:21:29 AM »
 :'( i haven't recieved a shipment email yet.

Offline Amourder

« Reply #169 on: September 21, 2005, 12:43:50 PM »
i find the cd, nothing like what i expected. kinda disappointed. ie Dark Light sounds like a Hymn song you sing at a church, and the rest don't compare to DSBH. everyone just think it's great because they are expecting it to be good. im really disappointed...i thought theyd sing about something different, but i was wrong  devils, his soul, darkness, depression,etc... take my hand/life, nothing wows me. at least in the other cd's have variation in guitar and drums, this all sounds the same. i still love love metal and the before stuff but not this cd. i think they tried to hit the 13-16 year old girl range. now a true fan honestly tell me their review, i know a lot of people that liked him for the past year will differ but if you listended to him from the beginning youd understand.
it is definitely not "hard core love metal". and making you happy is also known as Emo. everyone can say they've been heartbroken, so HIM sings about that and that is how they sell records, its called marketing,  but this is a review of the album which i have to say( as being a fan from the beginning)  a complete disappointment. a boo hoo instead of a woo hoo

I've only listened to HIM since 1997, so you're right, I have no clue. But I appreciate your review after half a listening. Must  be that all of the critics and journalists are wrong and you are right.

If you want Love Metal, listen to Love Metal. If you want Join Me In Death, listen to Join Me In Death.

Anyway, I'd recommend you to listen to the album like 10 times more before you come and talk shit about it. It's a complex album, you won't get it after one listening or two.

By the way, you didn't seem to understand what I was saying about "music that makes you happy".

Vampire Heart, Killing Loneliness, ROTWOAB, Play Dead and Nightside of Eden are all amazing songs. The rest of them I need to listen a few times more.

And another thing: this record is not about feeling heartbroken. Those were all the previous ones. This is about being in love and the world going to hell. Did you check out the lyrics on The Nightside of Eden? Post-apocalyptic visions, anyone?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 12:49:04 PM by Amourder »

Offline Greg

• Mobbed Up
« Reply #170 on: September 21, 2005, 12:51:19 PM »
my internet thing got sent on the 19th??? shud b hear soon ;D ;D

Offline buddings

« Reply #171 on: September 21, 2005, 01:27:40 PM »
mine too!! ;D i woke up at 6 this mornin cos i thought it might arrive but it didnt but 2morrow.......please
Dope + danny = explosion

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #172 on: September 21, 2005, 03:57:02 PM »
I think that the album is centered around Burton's keyboard playing than anything.  You could never hear him playing usually on the previous album.

I love the album, well i still need to hear nightside of eden and the two bonus tracks.  I love all the songs i heard pretty muchI listened to them over and over again and they're allways stuck in my head.  Like i said before i don't think they ever made one bad song and all they're albums are diff, so that's why i believe they are teh best band ever.  but that's my thought.

I like Vampire Heart, WOAB, Under The Rose, Killing Loneliness, Behind The Crimson Door, The Face Of God, and Drunk On Shadows .  Need to hear the songs i didn't hear yet.   Don't like play dead and dark light that much at this point. 
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 04:36:29 PM by Ziggy18 »
Run Away From The Sun

Offline Shane

• Fucking Legend
  • Associate
    • My Space
« Reply #173 on: September 21, 2005, 05:07:09 PM »
Ive got it at last, its ok I guess, not great. The track Dark Light is so shit!! it's my new worst HIM song.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 05:21:24 PM by Shay »

Ikkunaprinsessa

« Reply #174 on: September 21, 2005, 05:27:10 PM »
Aren't they planning to release Dark Light as a single? From what I've heard it doesn't sound too good.
Also, to the people that got it, what shipping did you choose?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 05:28:28 PM by Endless »