Author Topic: The 69 Eyes  (Read 139369 times)

Offline lastxcallforsin

Re: The 69 Eyes
« Reply #575 on: February 28, 2007, 01:00:41 AM »
It's awesome that they put the whole album up when it hasn't even leaked. I really like Ghost.
Expect by this time Tomorrow at 12 30 AM for the album in CD Quality (M4A) to be in a Torrent site.

Not that there is anything wrong with the version available.
:)

great news!  :)

Offline Tauriainen

« Reply #576 on: February 28, 2007, 01:10:36 AM »
Are you torrenting it Homey?

If so... message me the link?
Not by me, I don't want to rip off the band that way.
Someone who else is doing that since they have the (Album) Promo in Germany.

Offline Harker

• Dutch-HIM
  • Associate
  • Dutch-HIM
« Reply #577 on: February 28, 2007, 10:13:57 AM »
Another Jim Morrison/The Doors tribute:
In the song Los Angeles: "Waiting for you to come along" from the song Waiting For The Sun

Offline Thulsa Doom

• Helsinki Vampire
  • Associate
« Reply #578 on: February 28, 2007, 10:32:27 AM »
The album sounds a lot like Devils.  Ghost is still great.  Frankenhooker is classic 69 Eyes.

Has anyone found a good place to order the Limited Edition version?

(Goonies) Never Say Die video!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 03:33:36 PM by Thulsa Doom »

Offline Harker

• Dutch-HIM
  • Associate
  • Dutch-HIM
« Reply #579 on: February 28, 2007, 05:09:42 PM »
Thanks, new website is online too.

I like the fact that you can make the banner blue :)
There is also a small music/video player
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 05:25:59 PM by Harker »

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #580 on: March 01, 2007, 12:13:31 AM »

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
  • I love my Sacrament sweethearts! :-)
« Reply #581 on: March 01, 2007, 12:21:28 AM »
Yeah I notice they just uploaded that. :)

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #582 on: March 01, 2007, 01:10:33 AM »
Torrent of the CD rip is online at filemp3.org. I can't download it for 12 hours due to my share ratio :(
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline RAZORBLADEKISSES

• ThIs WoRld Is GoNnA Br3aK YoUr HeArT!!!!
  • Mobbed Up
  • *YoUr PrEttY fAcE iS g0iNg To hEll*
    • Myspace
« Reply #583 on: March 01, 2007, 02:33:20 AM »
Wow thats a long time. I can't wait to get the new album ^_^

Offline vtioldlde

• Associate
  • its been some time
« Reply #584 on: March 01, 2007, 12:46:15 PM »
mama trash posted this in a bulletin on myspace.

<center>The 69 Eyes new CD "Angels" is now on their MySpace profile! The CD was released in Finland on February 28th and will be released worldwide on March 6th!

Click on the CD to take you to their profile! Also be sure to head over to <a href="http:www.69eyes.com">69 Eyes Official Website[/url] to see the new look and check out the new video, send an ecard and more!!

REPOST!!

Mama Trash, Vampire Assistant

The Laundry Boyz 4 lyfe!
R.I.P John Scully

gotoaster

« Reply #585 on: March 01, 2007, 12:59:55 PM »
i dont really know what you mean by old, but i have been trying to get blessed be forever now. its hard to find any of their older stuff though! i cant wait till angels comes out!

Offline Bender Bending R.

• Assistant Manager of Sales, Cerveza, Por favor!
  • Associate
    • .:HIM - The Complete Discography :.
« Reply #586 on: March 01, 2007, 01:09:05 PM »
from myspace: ttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=EAE4PJWD <-- put the h

the one ripped from the cd, found on filemp3 this sound better...

« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 01:54:43 PM by ßeNðeR »

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #587 on: March 01, 2007, 07:07:29 PM »
Thanks for the Pando link!

Offline Tauriainen

« Reply #588 on: March 01, 2007, 11:52:20 PM »
Expect the LA Weekly to do a review of this Album to be out by next week pending the release. They will try to make an appearance (if the Label works it out), plus the Party in New York is planning to do whole Album while many of the Bands will participate there.
A Magazine in New York will do an Interview pending on this as well.
Expect Photos on their official site.

Also, the "B- Sides" are up as well in the Torrent pages, enjoy.

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #589 on: March 02, 2007, 10:58:16 AM »
I deffinetly like Angels more than Devils. 
Run Away From The Sun

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #590 on: March 02, 2007, 11:44:13 AM »
The 69 Eyes
Angels

Review
Rating: 6/10

Angels: First thing I notice is Jyrki's voice sounds slightly different to what I'm/we're used to, nevertheless, quite a good opener. Music is nice and heavy, sounds very good turned up, some of the lyrics are a bit dodgy but then again it is the Eyes so I guess we've come to expect that. Very good sequel song to Devils. Drums sound fantastic too.

Never Say Die: Intro to the song sounds very promising, also Jyrki's voice seems to have gone back to normal, or maybe I've just got used to whatever effect has been used on it. Lyrics are quite good, obviously there's the usual childish rhymes, "night/light" "dreaming/meaning" but again, we expect it. Chorus sounds great this is a very good song.

Rocker: Another heavy guitar driven intro... hopefully this won't get too samey. Rocker is an ok song until the awful chorus kicks in, "I'm a rocker/A goddamn rocker." Maybe Jyrki was stuck for ideas but surely anyone can think up something a tad better than that. It's a shame they chose this song to follow Never Say Die. Would've been nice to stick a slower one as this track to add a bit of variety, distorted guitar is good, but something's need to be taken in moderation. It's also a shame that a throwaway track like this follows what could be the album's highlight.

Ghost: Intro sounds wonderful, very moody, but then those guitars come back, just as I thought we were about to get a nice moody synth/piano track. The verse sounds good and the chorus is wonderfully melodic, nice strings and the backing vocalists really compliment the song. This is a very good song, I'm glad they put this after Rocker because it has definitely saved the first half of the album. The strings outro sounds great.

Perfect Skin: Must admit the lyrics to this song are awful. "Perfect skin/Devil's grin"... ::) I guess any hopes of having a varied guitar style on this album are gone, the heavy/distorted ones are hear to stay by the looks of it. This song is perfect for the US market. The song can be plugged as a gothic because of lyrics such as "devil/sin/burn" (but it's timidness will avoid any attention from the censorship groups) and Jyrki also lists celebrities! Perfect for all the g0ff kids and radio.

Wings & Hearts: Another great intro from the Eyes, this album has many. Lyrics are simple but quite effective, this is a good goth/pop song. Unfortunately the chorus fails to deliver, the beginning of the song gradually builds up, but then the chorus seems to go backwards instead of rocketing away. Then we're back to square one with "Hey, hey baby." The strings sound very nice and the guitar solo is fantastic despite being a bit short. Outro is quite moody and pounding, nice way to finish the first half of the album.

Star Of Fate: The 69 Eyes have some excellent melodically melancholic slow numbers. Unfortunately this is not one of them. Sounds like a Disney song to me. The song picks up around the 1:40min mark. The bass sounds really nice and the change in guitar is very welcome. The song has slightly redeemed itself, but the lyrics are so awful that this song really does nothing for me despite the nice instrumental.

Los Angeles: Hopefully the Eyes have picked a proper good song to follow the snorer that was Star of Fate. Well, it's certainly a fast one, so the contrast between slow and fast is welcome but expected. Not really sure what to make of this song, it is good but it sounds like the tempo could be a tad slower, sounds like the band just want to get through it as quickly as possible. Again, like most of the songs it has a catchy chorus but it's almost impossible to decipher what Jyrki is saying, there could actually be some lyrical gems in here but because of the speed we won't know until the lyrics are published... although I doubt it.

In My Name: Nice to have a medium paced song after LA. This song is sounding quite good, the piano is nice, it's a shame they didn't bring it more to the front. The "whoa's" are fun :D.

Shadow Of Your Love: "Whoa" appears to be one of Jyrki's favourite words, two songs in a row?... ::) Another good rock song, bass sounds great and Jyrki seems to be experimenting with his vocals. Could've stuck this in the place of Rocker and put Rocker somewhere else... e.g. not on the CD.

Frankenhooker: Some bands try to leave a lasting impression and go all out on the album closer but the Eyes continue with the heavy guitars, the "woah's" and the EXTREMELY dodgy lyrics. Is Jyrki saying "Hairy ass/got no cash" ??? I hope I'm wrong! The use of "You suck!" is extremely childish. I know the Eyes aren't the most serious of bands but this is stupid, it's not WWF :-\

I think this is a very mediocre album from The 69 Eyes. There are some good songs on it but unfortunately that's all they are, good. Who knows, maybe this is a grower? But it's a real shame seeing as Devils grabbed me instantly with such great tracks like Sister of Charity and Hevioso.
It seems Jyrki was a bit stuck for ideas what with the overuse of "whoa" and the awful "You suck!" lyrics. Perhaps the band were a bit stuck too what with the same old "medium paced strings into heavy guitars" intros.
Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 12:48:38 PM by Robert »

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #591 on: March 02, 2007, 12:59:03 PM »
can someone post the B-Sides?

Offline Bender Bending R.

• Assistant Manager of Sales, Cerveza, Por favor!
  • Associate
    • .:HIM - The Complete Discography :.
« Reply #592 on: March 03, 2007, 10:49:40 AM »
mp3s from the dvd, some of them were already on the first single as b-sides
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 10:51:11 AM by ßeNðeR »

Offline Dope_Danny

« Reply #593 on: March 03, 2007, 11:46:47 AM »
i like the eyes and everything, but i would have been pissed if i would have spent $15 on this shitty album

Offline RAZORBLADEKISSES

• ThIs WoRld Is GoNnA Br3aK YoUr HeArT!!!!
  • Mobbed Up
  • *YoUr PrEttY fAcE iS g0iNg To hEll*
    • Myspace
« Reply #594 on: March 03, 2007, 03:41:05 PM »
Thanks for sharing guys. But i agree with Dope_Danny I am glad I did not fork up any cash for this one. I prob woulda ending up ripping it and giving it to my friend anyways. But still thanks for sharing.

Offline Thulsa Doom

• Helsinki Vampire
  • Associate
« Reply #595 on: March 03, 2007, 05:57:46 PM »
Thanks for the Never Say Die video in mp4 lastxcallforsin. 

I'll be buying this album Tuesday & supporting The Eyes.'

*Sees ankh symbol in the sky*

Offline Tauriainen

« Reply #596 on: March 03, 2007, 06:32:15 PM »
Ok, the DVD is up as well available in certain American sites.

The Promo is also available in Freak Beats if you are in the Valley.
You can pick up the Promo already with the DVD sold seperately, I purchased the only copy attached.

Enjoy.
Ciao.
H.T.

Offline S. Carnage Esq.

• An Oil Man
  • Mobbed Up
  • Groovy
    • Twitter
« Reply #597 on: March 04, 2007, 11:37:02 AM »
Does anyone have a place to get the DVD edition of the album besides Amazon? It'll cost me $50 there.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #598 on: March 06, 2007, 01:18:27 AM »
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6XC22TQ8

Here ya go, a CD rip of This Corrosion - Maryslim feat. Jyrki69.
I just got it in the mail today, it's a pretty decent CD, and Jyrki does backing vocals on another track as well...
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline Thulsa Doom

• Helsinki Vampire
  • Associate
« Reply #599 on: March 06, 2007, 12:18:36 PM »
Thanks man...I just got Angels.  The new version of Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams is great.  Really just updated vocals.

Not bad for $8 at Best Buy, bought the only copy.