Author Topic: The 69 Eyes  (Read 139414 times)

Offline LoveMetal

Re: The 69 Eyes
« Reply #400 on: March 21, 2006, 02:29:05 PM »
Anyone know when the Last Call with Carson Daily is airing? I checked the shows website and I noticed that the shows don't air the day they were recorded and for some reason I thought elsewise

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
  • I love my Sacrament sweethearts! :-)
« Reply #401 on: March 21, 2006, 03:12:33 PM »
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CIZGLB9S

Keepin the link alive...

Fro, I have the cd's made. Umm you could PM your addy and I Mail the copy to you... or I could meet you at a local Macdonalds and get shot up... your choice.

Offline FRO

• I <3 Pandas
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
« Reply #402 on: March 21, 2006, 07:31:06 PM »
i'd rather save you the 37 cents....but if you fear for your life, its up to you. let me know, i got enough gas to meet you today!

Offline Thulsa Doom

• Helsinki Vampire
  • Associate
« Reply #403 on: March 21, 2006, 11:26:16 PM »
Anyone know when the Last Call with Carson Daily is airing? I checked the shows website and I noticed that the shows don't air the day they were recorded and for some reason I thought elsewise

Yeah, the show will not air the night of the taping.  The Eyes appearance will air the following Friday, March 31st at 1:35am on NBC.

Offline ForAllTid

« Reply #404 on: March 22, 2006, 03:35:17 AM »
Alright i just got back from seeing them from their SF show here is my review.

Overall they kicked ass. They have a ton of energy and Jussi is nuts! Great live band, BUT the show itself wasn't very fun. The whole audience just stood there and sang. BORING. Im used to having pits and headbanging at shows. I know 69 eyes isn't that type of music but still i was a little dissapointed. Another thing was that there were so many kids there with their parents wearing their newly bought hot topic HIM shirt. Whatever.

I did end up meeting the bass player and i had a brief talk with jyrki about his t-shirt he had on.  Id give the whole night a 6.5/10.           

Offline Matti

« Reply #405 on: March 22, 2006, 06:57:30 AM »
hey for all tid i read your review and i must say something to this.
i think the kind of music that the eyes made is not the real music for the west coast of the us. i mean there always sun, hot and so on.
the didn t understand or how i like to say the can t feel this kind of music. the eyes are finns and there a always cold, dark, much of snow and so. they  think other as the people of there. they love the dark, the mystics, the melancolic. they are super stars here in finland. they can play 7 days a week in the tavastia clubi and be sure it s to 100% sold out.

thats my opinion.
so greetings from the north of finland oulu. ;)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 06:59:19 AM by Matti »

Offline LoveMetal

« Reply #406 on: March 22, 2006, 08:04:41 PM »
Now, as for ME! I'll be at Last Call and the Whiskey Thursday and Friday. *pulls up collar* Yuhup. That's me...the chick with the big hair, sunglasses and cigarette. hahahaha
Yup, I'm so excited!

Have Fun and tell us how the filming goes!

Offline shaneofthesac

« Reply #407 on: March 23, 2006, 06:00:52 PM »
Slowly but surely I'm dishing out my multimedia fun from the gig in Detroit. Here's some more pictures... some of the best.

and...

Here is a short, poor audio quality video I took during "Lost Boys."
myspace.com/shanenyman

Offline Dylon Fujifilm

• forild'oh
  • Associate
  • everyone should eat jojo's
    • Deviant Art...Cause im asian like that
« Reply #408 on: March 23, 2006, 08:41:10 PM »
those pictures are pretty sick bro
RIP Mac Dre
[img width= height=]http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8705/vastsig0cl.jpg[/img]

Offline Steel

« Reply #409 on: March 24, 2006, 12:31:22 AM »
awesome pics

Offline ZomB

• The Rebel
  • Made Man
  • a lil' bit country & a lil' bit rock 'n' roll
« Reply #410 on: March 24, 2006, 07:07:45 AM »
tonight is the night!  8)

Offline Tauriainen

« Reply #411 on: March 24, 2006, 08:00:50 AM »
[Quagmire Voice]: All Right.

Betsy is losing her virginity!
?
:P

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
« Reply #412 on: March 24, 2006, 12:40:10 PM »
[Quagmire Voice]: All Right.

Betsy is losing her virginity!
?

You have my vote.

Offline FRO

• I <3 Pandas
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
« Reply #413 on: March 24, 2006, 06:09:17 PM »
nah i took it from her a long time ago  ;)

Offline Tauriainen

« Reply #414 on: March 25, 2006, 03:43:29 AM »
I bet you that when she was fighting you she was licking your face as well?

Offline FRO

• I <3 Pandas
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
« Reply #415 on: March 25, 2006, 03:44:21 AM »
nah, she was "sleeping" so to speak  ;D

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
« Reply #416 on: March 25, 2006, 04:47:49 PM »
Fro you beaner... you took my date pills again, GIVE EM BACK!

I love you still... just don't let this happen again.  :-*

Offline Thulsa Doom

• Helsinki Vampire
  • Associate
« Reply #417 on: March 25, 2006, 05:15:11 PM »
Full video of Feel Berlin from the Jaxx Club.

Offline ryan

« Reply #418 on: March 26, 2006, 08:07:12 AM »
Thanks for the video.

Offline Thulsa Doom

• Helsinki Vampire
  • Associate
« Reply #419 on: March 26, 2006, 09:34:01 AM »
There was an interview with Jyrki yesterday on Finnish radio YleX.

Mainly about the US tour and how well he thought it turned out.  He also mentioned they'd be back after work on the new album and summer festivals.

There was some cool news about the Whiskey a GoGo gig, it'll be recorded and released on DVD!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 09:36:44 AM by Thulsa Doom »

Offline _DecayingBeauty

• Cafone
  • Rock 'n' Roll Junkie
    • Pretti Corpsi's Myspace
« Reply #420 on: March 26, 2006, 02:19:18 PM »
Hey guys, just got back from Hollywood, and let me say, I'm happy to be alive.

First off, we weren't fortunate enough to get into Carson. We arrived a little too late, and were at the back of the line, and so we didn't get in. But, oh well.

The next day, Kayla and I met up with Kara! We were thrilled to meet her for the first time,(since she is our wifey!) and when we did, it was awesome.

Shortly after our meeting, we had gone to get ready, and we all walked to the Whiskey. By then, it was probably about 5:30. I swear, you would think we were going to a HIM concert there were so many kids wearing HIM shirts!

The line grew and grew, and around 7, when the doors were supposed to open, Jyrki and Bazie walked out! I had also just met Jo, aka Mama Trash, so I was already excited!
The guys had come out, I'm guessing, to get some shots of them for a DVD that was being done(and they had taken no hault in getting me and my girls in the shots. bleh. how rude). I was one of the annoying little girls, and ran out to grab a picture of them before they left. And I did!

The guys had all randomly walked back to their hotel, leaving us waiting anxious for the doors to open. When they finally did, we got in safely and made our way to the front.

Overall, the first two opening bands were good. I didn't care too much for Damone, but Program the Dead...their stage performance was exhilerating!

Finally, Bam Margera had walked down the stairs onto the stage, and everyone was screaming. He openly stated that they were filming for a DVD, and then introduced the 69 Eyes. Within seconds, Bam was gone(luckily) and Jyrki, Timo Timo, Bazie, Archzie, and Jussi were on their way onto the stage. Everyone went INSANE! I was forced against the guy in front of me, and let me just say...that had to have been the most painful nights of my life. *laughs*

Well, back to the show. They played a great set, and their energy was flawless. I was just thrilled I got to see Jussi! Watching him play is like watching the most beautiful sunset. It's so fixating and hard to take your eyes off of!

By the end of the show, we were all pretty worn down. The audience took no heed in being impolite and rude, so I was pretty aggrivated as well.

The night soon came to it's hault(not stop, just hault) and we went back to the hotel for a few minutes. I changed my shirt and fixed my wet hair and make-up, and within 20 minutes, my mom, Kara, Kayla, and I were standing in front of the Rainbow room. Now, since we're only 17, we were pretty astonished that we got in! When we got in, we weren't sure where to go, what to do, etc. etc. so we stood around, basically in awe that we were in the Rainbow Room. We saw Ben Graves and Eric Griffin a few times as well, which was pretty neat. We met up with Jo a few times, and around 2:00, we were getting ready to leave.
Now, let me state...my mother had already drank about 5 Long Islands, so she was kind of ditzed.

As we were getting ready to leave, we saw Bazie wander out of one of the 21+ rooms, and soon enough, Jussi too!
We stopped him, got a picture with him, and he signed mine and Kara's boobs, "Jussi's Bitch". He was soooo sweet, and I felt so bad for disturbing him in his time of pre-drunken "bliss".

Finally though, we left. Kind of...on our way out, we met some drunken/high guy who saw Kara getting signed, and he wanted to sign as well! He signed her, "Your sweet" and then my chest, opposite of Jussi's signature, "Pretti Things Die Hard" and then he signed Kayla's tummy he wrote, "I'm Your little sweetheart". It was funny...so anyway, we finally got out, and we were standing around outside. I had NO idea we were standing right next to Jyrki, and then Archzie was right next to us as well. Kara and I got signed by him as well, and then...things took a turn for the awkward.
My mother stepped in, and started "talking" to him. Soon enough, I look over and see he's cupping her face! haha. He kissed my mother like, 5 times. We got a picture of it, which I love.
Then, she was bound and determined to get Jyrki and Bazie, but everytime we pointed to Bazie, who was right next to us, she said, "no! That's not him!" So I pointed to Jussi and said, "Got get him for me!" And she kind of did.................haha. But I think he got scared of her and her drunkenness, which I don't blame him.

We left back to the hotel, and I was really disgruntled that we were so tired. I was hoping we'd be able to stay up and drink, but the exhaustion swept through us like air.

We all said goodnight, and in a very little amount of time, we were dead asleep.

All in all, it was a great night. Except the part I got basically killed and passed out. Haha. But it was a great show, and great party afterwards!

Here's some pictures I got!

My chest and Jussi's signature

My mother and Archzie. (I <3 how he had to pose!)

Kara, Jussi, and myself! Woot!

(I would post the others of Jussi's siggy on Kara's chest and what not, but I'd like to make sure it's all good with her. haha.)

Well, thanks you guys! Woot!

Offline ZomB

• The Rebel
  • Made Man
« Reply #421 on: March 26, 2006, 09:28:35 PM »
hmmm...i wonder why i didnt see you? eh...i was super drunk. my night was good. i didnt get a chance to meet Jyrki *sniff* he did walk by me and so did bam looking like a wanna be ville...yeah, hes lame. the show kicked ass! went to the rainbow, met bazie and talked to him for a bit and wanted to meet jussi but i was drunk and didnt feel like pushing my way through the girls that were all over him...i got some pics but keep in mind i was drunk so theyre not that great! i'll post them in a little bit.

Offline ForAllTid

« Reply #422 on: March 27, 2006, 12:20:34 AM »
i like Jyrki alot more now since the SF show because he had a Darkthrone shirt. Tr00 Norwegian black metal!!!!. We even had a chat about them. Also Archzie because id yell slayer when he walked by me a couple times in line and he just laughed and gave me metal horns.  :)

Offline ZomB

• The Rebel
  • Made Man
« Reply #423 on: March 27, 2006, 01:20:15 AM »
this pic is cool but those peoples arms are in the way  :-\

and more:

« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 01:23:00 AM by BetsyRules »

Offline shaneofthesac

« Reply #424 on: March 27, 2006, 02:37:17 PM »
That's odd. In Detroit, I never once got squished and was front row against the barricade. I could have done jumping jacks if I wanted.
myspace.com/shanenyman