Author Topic: The 69 Eyes  (Read 139438 times)

Offline bobbybrooks14

Re: The 69 Eyes
« Reply #325 on: March 06, 2006, 02:47:30 PM »
can anyone tell me about the merch they had? :)

Offline anya060

« Reply #326 on: March 06, 2006, 07:37:55 PM »
what a great setlist!...I envy u! >:(

Offline Thulsa Doom

• Helsinki Vampire
  • Associate
« Reply #327 on: March 06, 2006, 07:49:57 PM »
They had 4 or 5 different shirts, signed drumheads, and a small poster.  Probably more shit, too.  Prices were long shirts/$30, tee-shirts/$15 and the drumhead was $20.

Video of Devils from the Philly gig on Youtube.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 07:52:20 PM by Thulsa Doom »

Offline Daphne

« Reply #328 on: March 06, 2006, 08:29:22 PM »
Anyone have the NYC setlist? I know they played I just Wanna Have something to Do, but was it otherwise the same as the other gigs?

Offline ZomB

• The Rebel
  • Made Man
  • a lil' bit country & a lil' bit rock 'n' roll
« Reply #329 on: March 06, 2006, 08:57:17 PM »
end of the month for me! wooooooooooo!

Jyrki cut his hair.  :-\

Offline Ziggy

• Picciotto
  • the pretty things are going to hell - bowie
« Reply #330 on: March 06, 2006, 10:02:58 PM »

Don't worry all is not lost, it was still longish. lol. You won't care, they rocked so great last night! Man! And the bands opening for them actually were good! That never happens, I prefered "Program the Dead" to the second band "Demone" but still it was refreshing to see some actual talent for openers. Oh and Nico and Matt from Program are my new favorite people! :)

To add to the answer, the cd's were 10, which was a great deal in my mind (no old stuff, just new). And I know they had tons of post cards for free, which I took I bunch of, and some of the guys in the band, like Jyrki were actually hanging out by the merch posts I heard... crazy!

drawn by and artist on deviantart.com

Offline ZomB

• The Rebel
  • Made Man
  • a lil' bit country & a lil' bit rock 'n' roll
« Reply #331 on: March 06, 2006, 11:33:24 PM »
hmmm...ive seen program the dead i think...didnt they open for HIM?

Offline ForAllTid

« Reply #332 on: March 07, 2006, 12:37:48 AM »
yeah they did back in FEB. I hate them.

Offline Thulsa Doom

• Helsinki Vampire
  • Associate
« Reply #333 on: March 07, 2006, 12:20:05 PM »
is the drumhead signed by the whole band?

Just Jussi.

Offline frozengirl

« Reply #334 on: March 07, 2006, 02:41:18 PM »
Here is another vid, Cristina Death (Live 22-04-05)
just 1 min long, but anyway.. the quality is ok.

http://download.yousendit.com/57CA0CBAE3F2A164
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 02:46:05 PM by frozengirl »

Offline Daphne

« Reply #335 on: March 07, 2006, 03:50:49 PM »

Don't worry all is not lost, it was still longish. lol. You won't care, they rocked so great last night! Man! And the bands opening for them actually were good! That never happens, I prefered "Program the Dead" to the second band "Demone" but still it was refreshing to see some actual talent for openers. Oh and Nico and Matt from Program are my new favorite people! :)

To add to the answer, the cd's were 10, which was a great deal in my mind (no old stuff, just new). And I know they had tons of post cards for free, which I took I bunch of, and some of the guys in the band, like Jyrki were actually hanging out by the merch posts I heard... crazy!

Timo Timo!!!!!!! Is my new fave person. That gig was freaking amazing! And the merch was pretty nice. There wasn't a shopping mall's worth of stuff, but I got a cool shirt.

Offline bobbybrooks14

« Reply #336 on: March 08, 2006, 04:02:25 PM »
im going to see them tonight, im taking a digital camera, so i'll try to get good pics, and ill take pics of the merch if i can..hopefully ill meet them and get pics too :)

Offline Venus In Our Blood

• Dressed In Decay
  • Mobbed Up
« Reply #337 on: March 08, 2006, 05:38:45 PM »
How long did the opening bands play?

Offline ForAllTid

« Reply #338 on: March 08, 2006, 09:13:22 PM »
do you think if i get there 5 hours before the doors open i'll get to meet them?

yeah. Well, you're gonna have a good chance.

Offline Ziggy

• Picciotto
  • the pretty things are going to hell - bowie
« Reply #339 on: March 10, 2006, 11:39:33 AM »

I think they both had less then ten song sets, and the guys who were switching off the gear were really good at their jobs.... sooo not long. Or at least it didn't feel that long.

QUESTION!
okay, so a bunch of you keep saying you're gonna post pictures and yet I dont' see much... come on chillins! Lets see em!

drawn by and artist on deviantart.com

Offline LoveMetal

« Reply #340 on: March 10, 2006, 01:39:42 PM »

I think they both had less then ten song sets, and the guys who were switching off the gear were really good at their jobs.... sooo not long. Or at least it didn't feel that long.

QUESTION!
okay, so a bunch of you keep saying you're gonna post pictures and yet I dont' see much... come on chillins! Lets see em!

Dude, by the end of next week I will have about 100 pictures up, including the pictures of my swag I got such as Jussi's broken drum stick, A part of Jussi's drum signed, Pittsburgh and Cleveland set lists (Signed), my picture with them and some with the openers, and hopefully I will get time to upload my video of standing at the backdoor filming some of the openers dancng around while The 69 Eyes did their sound check.

Also I will have a detailed review of the two shows

Offline bobbybrooks14

« Reply #341 on: March 10, 2006, 06:18:35 PM »
i took about 80 pics of the pittsburgh show.ill post them later

• Dressed In Decay
  • Mobbed Up
« Reply #342 on: March 10, 2006, 08:49:48 PM »
So they were letting in digital cameras?

Offline FRO

• I <3 Pandas
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
« Reply #343 on: March 10, 2006, 08:53:19 PM »
i hope so....
i think imma attempt to bootleg the kansas city show! ;)

Offline LoveMetal

« Reply #344 on: March 10, 2006, 10:59:39 PM »
So they were letting in digital cameras?

Picture only, no video, nothing professional looking.

• Dressed In Decay
  • Mobbed Up
« Reply #345 on: March 11, 2006, 12:35:21 PM »
Is anyone else going to the show tonight in Cincinnati?

Offline shaneofthesac

« Reply #346 on: March 12, 2006, 03:04:00 AM »
Hello Sacramenters...

I just got in from Detroit (7 hour drive) and, of course, The 69 Eyes rocked. I took 227 pictures and got about 6 or 7 short videos. Everything went amazing. Here's some quick highlights:

-Got to say hello to as each member of the band walked from their bus into the venue.
-Jyrki came back out and I got my picture taken with him and he gave out pins/postcards.
-The band sounded amazing during their soundcheck, and during it they played "TV Eye" which was great.
-Caught a Jussi drumstick, and another half of one.
-Got The 69 Eyes setlist
-High fives from Jyrki at the end of the show

For you curious cats, here's what the set list was...
Devils
Don't Turn Your Back
Betty Blue
Christina Death
Crashing High
The Chair
Hevioso
Wasting the Sawn
Nothing on You
Feel Berlin
Gothic Girl
Wrap your Troubles in Dreams
Sister of Charity
Dance D'amour
Framed in Blood
Lost Boys
(Encore)
Only You Can Save Me (Although on the set list, it just says "Ramones")
Brandon Lee

I'll post some more pictures later. Here's a quick teaser.

myspace.com/shanenyman

Offline FRO

• I <3 Pandas
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
« Reply #347 on: March 12, 2006, 03:32:26 AM »
KICK ASS!

i cant wait till next thusday!
What kinda cam did you take, and did you have any problems?

Offline LoveMetal

« Reply #348 on: March 12, 2006, 10:53:39 AM »
OK heres my rundown of the Millvale/Pittsburgh & Cleveland shows.

March 8th, 2006: I woke up as usual, but instead of going to school I was skipping. I got to the venue around 9:00am and slept in my car until Noon-ish. At 1:00 the tour bus pulls up and all the tech guys and Dan, the tour manager. They acknowledged me and I said hello back. At the front of Mr Smalls at the top of the stairs, I looked down at the tour bus and saw Jussi’s shoes while he sat and smoked. The bus moved to the other side of the venue, and I went to wait at the front of the line. Eventually other fans arrived and we went inside of the Basement of Mr Small’s recording studios/office and hung out. Eventually the tour manager came in and we conversed in general, not even about the tour or The 69 Eyes. I found out the guy is Swedish and plays in the band H20 and usually manages for Scandinavian bands touring in the US. We asked him if we could get a personal meet and greet with the band, but he said after the show. The highlight before a lot of other people showed up was sitting outside listening to 4 or 5 sound check songs done by The 69 Eyes.

Anyways, waiting in line was fun. I talked to a bunch of cool fans, and took some group pictures with the first people in line. Eventually the venue’s doors open and we filed in. I’m Front and center, as usual. Program the Dead took the stage, they were pretty cool. Their drummer was very intense and busted his face open with one of his drum sticks. After their set, the Damones were setting up on stage. Noelle came over and greeted the fans up front. She was very nice. Anyways their set was awesome also. It was kinda weird because during a break inbetween songs, the bassist came over to where I was and made out with the girl I was hanging out with in line. No one knew what the fuck was going on.

The 69 Eyes took the stage and oh my, they rocked and had one of the best stage shows of any band I’ve ever seen. Their set list was:
Devils
Don’t turn your back on fear
Betty Blue
Christian Death
Crashing High
The Chair
Hevioso
Nothing on you
Feel Berlin
Gothic Girl
Wrap your troubles in dreams
Sister of Charity
Dance D’amour
Framed in Blood
Lost Boys

And for the encore it was Only you can save me written in marker with Ramones crossed off and then Brandon Lee

After the show I met the guys from the band, all except Jussi, and got a copy of the set list signed. I also hung out with the other guys from the opening bands. God Noelle is soo nice! Anyways I told Dan and Noelle I’d be at the Cleveland show the next day and if they needed anything, they’d just have to find me.

March 9th, 2006

I woke up and just jumped in my car and drove off to Cleveland. The fucking Agora…I walked up to the place with bad memories from the HIM show (security there are complete asses for the most part). I walk inside and find that I am the 3rd person in line, w00t! I asked those upfront to save my place while I went to the backstage door to see if dan was there. I went outside and found two more really cool fans waiting to see an appearance of Jussi. Jyrki was the only member we saw for about an hour and he was carrying stuff back and forth from the bus. Eventuall we saw Jussi come out and I got a picture with him, because I missed my opportunity the other night. The other bands showed up also. Noelle was very happy and surprised to see me. Anyway, we got to listen to the 69 eyes sound check and I filmed from the back parking lot to capture the audio and video of the drummer of Program the dead dancing to the music. After the sound check Dan came outside and asked me if I wouldn’t mind running to Starbucks to get him and Jussi coffee. SWEET! I took off with the two other fans from the backdoor area and got Jussi and Dna’s coffee. Dan gave me his cell number to call him when we got back, so he’s come to the back door. I called him and he still didn’t come out, so Noelle told me to come inside and walk downstairs to The 69 Eyes dressing room. Dan was very appreciative for my favor I did for him, except Jussi wasn’t around for his coffee (well actually latte), he was across the street at the Adult Rehabilitation center supposedly getting some lunch  (haha). Dan put us on the guest list and we headed back to the line. The line was VERY small, even at doors, there were less than 60 people. Anywas, got inside the venue, and once again stood right there up against the stage. The openers put on a fair show, not as good as at Smalls, but its probably just because the acoustics of the venue. The 69 Eyes came out, and it was awesome once again, They did the same set list, except they played an third song for the encore which wasn’t on the set list (I forget what it was). But anywas I got an honorable mention up on stage right before the guys did their encore. When the 1st left the stage everyone cheered one more song, then two more songs, and then three more songs, then it got qiuet and everyone was yelling requests such as Stigmata and From Dusk til Dawn and I yelled FREEBIRD! When they came back Jyrki said “This next song, you may know it by Freebird” and looked at me, along with just about every other person around me (they laughed). After the encore, I caught a broken drumstick, plus smaller pieces of it (which is gave away to the kids behind me).After most of the audience filed out of the ballroom, I went to go see Dan to see what was up with a meet and greet and thank him for everything. I also got my picture up on stage, w00t! Once again some of the guys came out for a meet and greet and I got my set list signed again and took some pictures.  I saw Noelle with some female fans and I sat next to her and said my good byes, and headed home.

The whole experience was awesome, especially since I got a signed drum head by Jussi. I hope to stay in contact with dan and keep and in with the band and such.

Offline shaneofthesac

« Reply #349 on: March 12, 2006, 12:50:21 PM »
I took my digital camera in and nobody cared. There weren't even bouncers in Detroit. It was strange.
myspace.com/shanenyman