Author Topic: The 69 Eyes  (Read 139352 times)

Akron02020

Re: The 69 Eyes
« Reply #300 on: February 04, 2006, 07:05:21 PM »
Finnish goth-metallers THE 69 EYES will be embarking on their first U.S. tour with MURDERDOLLS frontman WEDNESDAY 13 beginning in early March. 15 gigs have been confirmed so far, with the tour set to kick off March 3 in Springfield, Virginia and conclude on March 24 in West Hollywood, California. THE 69 EYES will also be taping an appearance on NBC's "Last Call with Carson Daly" on March 23. The dates are as follows:

Mar. 03 - Jaxx - Springfield, VA
Mar. 04 - Theater of Living Arts - Philadelphia, PA
Mar. 05 - Bowery Ballroom - New York, NY
Mar. 06 - Axis - Boston, MA
Mar. 08 - Mr. Smalls - Millvale, PA
Mar. 09 - Agora Ballroom - Cleveland, OH
Mar. 10 - St.Andrews Hall - Detroit, MI
Mar. 12 - House of Blues - Chicago, IL
Mar. 14 - Fine Line Music Club - Minneapolis, MN
Mar. 15 - Pop's - Sauget, IL
Mar. 16 - El Torreon - Kansas City, MO
Mar. 18 - Bluebird Theater - Denver, CO
Mar. 21 - Slims - San Francisco, CA
Mar. 22 - Galaxy Concert Theatre - Santa Ana, CA
Mar. 23 - "Last Call with Carson Daly" NBC-TV, Los Angeles, CA (THE 69 EYES only)
Mar. 24 - Whisky A Go Go - W. Hollywood, CA

THE 69 EYES' latest album, "Devils", was recently released in the U.S. via 456 Entertainment. "Devils" was the fourth THE 69 EYES album to be certified gold in the group's native Finland (for sales in excess of 15,000 copies); the band had also received the honor for their three previous albums: "Blessed Be", "Paris Kills" and "Framed In Blood - The Very Blessed Of…".

Cerpin Text, Tauriainen  posted the list of tour dates a few posts back.  If you would have went back a few pages you would have saw that.

Are the 69 Eyes coming to Pittsburg or even Philly?

hmm which is easier? Going back a few pages or asking again?

I'm all about the easy.

Akron02020

« Reply #301 on: February 05, 2006, 02:44:01 PM »
OMG you doubleposted the world is going to end OMG!!!!

Wow.

Offline Harker

• Dutch-HIM
  • Associate
  • Dutch-HIM
« Reply #302 on: February 05, 2006, 02:52:24 PM »
http://youtube.com/w/The-69-eyes-on-RMA-2005?v=l7wItpK5NXQ&search=the%2069%20eyes

About what band are they talking?
And he is saying that there are 4 bands similair to The 69 Eyes, which bands?

Offline Tauriainen

« Reply #303 on: February 05, 2006, 06:34:08 PM »
Double Post is that you Posted Two times (without a second party intervene between those Post's of yours).
Dont let that get to you, I had the same problem when I made my "Ernest Goes to Camp" Soundtrack. I only posted (only 17 times) and they got all "iffy" about it.
;D

Kon-ye? Maybe its Kanye West.
:P

Also dont get the idea that Murderdolls are at large.
As mentioned, who will be playing with the band Blabbermouth posted this:

DAMONE and PROGRAM THE DEAD have been confirmed as the support acts for Finland's THE 69 EYES on their first-ever U.S. tour, which will kick off in early March. 16 gigs have been confirmed so far, with the tour set to kick off March 3 in Springfield, Virginia and conclude on March 24 in West Hollywood, California. THE 69 EYES will also be taping an appearance on NBC...

Akron02020

« Reply #304 on: February 06, 2006, 03:02:45 PM »
OMG you doubleposted the world is going to end OMG!!!!

Wow.
*raises eyebrow* What?
First of all, no. No it was not a double post. Two completely different post
And second of all,
the world is already coming to it's end, so even if I did double post, it wouldn't matter because the world would STILL be coming to an end! *crosses arm*

Sorry I was only messing around. No need to get defensive.

Offline Thulsa Doom

• Helsinki Vampire
  • Associate
« Reply #305 on: February 07, 2006, 11:51:05 AM »
A new album is already in the works, "Angels."

Credit to Izzy over at LoSt BoYs Club

LB
Hi there

we just arrived from our little Scandinavian tour, that ROCKED!!! Now we must concentrate on writing new material for our upcoming album "ANGELS" - more skull&bones, more high-heel stiletto shoes, more glam, more goth, more EVERYTHING!!! ...
...My fave movies at the moment are Breakfast Club and Devil's Rejects, so album's somewhere between, a graveyeard posers' bloodwet dream and a Jack Daniels kickin' glammers dark fantasy!...

From Helsinki, the city of winter,
J6669

Offline Harker

• Dutch-HIM
  • Associate
  • Dutch-HIM
« Reply #306 on: February 07, 2006, 01:25:00 PM »
Sounds great.
Only the title is bit cliche, Devils and Angels.

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #307 on: February 07, 2006, 05:06:56 PM »
Yeh that's what I was thinking.

Offline Sparky

« Reply #308 on: February 08, 2006, 02:51:21 PM »
Ah more european brutes, is it just me or is european bands kickin the shit out of american?

Offline Dylon Fujifilm

• forild'oh
  • Associate
  • everyone should eat jojo's
    • Deviant Art...Cause im asian like that
« Reply #309 on: February 08, 2006, 07:00:45 PM »
Ah more european brutes, is it just me or is european bands kickin the shit out of american?

this might have been already stated or well known but the song lost boys was based after the movie "lost boys" its about vampires

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093437/
RIP Mac Dre
[img width= height=]http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8705/vastsig0cl.jpg[/img]

Offline angelus2402004

« Reply #310 on: February 09, 2006, 01:44:36 PM »
Can't wait for the next album. Hopefully it will be released in American stores, because I can't seem to find the "devils" cd anywhere in stores.

Offline cosmic pope

« Reply #311 on: February 09, 2006, 01:54:05 PM »
Can't wait for the next album. Hopefully it will be released in American stores, because I can't seem to find the "devils" cd anywhere in stores.

I figured it would be hard to find at first i know that fye, best buy, and hot topic carry it here.  You might try one of those three.  I got mine at best buy and i live in Indiana, and they had multiple copies.  I can't imagine it would be that hard to find, if sompleace here has it, unless you live in like wyoming or something.

Offline Steel

« Reply #312 on: February 09, 2006, 02:33:29 PM »
you can get it here at fye, and hot topic in ohio, but if you can't find it, try getting it off amazon

Offline LoveMetal

« Reply #313 on: February 13, 2006, 08:34:07 AM »
speaking of getting the albums and stuff from amazon.com, over the summer Paris Kills was on $5 NEW from Amazon.com themselves and not those other people who sell on amazon. I also got the import copy of Devils for only $10 after shipping too! I just wish prices were always like that on amazon, but some times they mess up or over buy or something and you get the better prices, w00t!

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #314 on: February 24, 2006, 06:03:54 PM »
LostBoysClub interview with Jyrki69.

“Creatures That The Time Forgot”!
Jyrki69 on new plans & music : "I wanna fall in love and record the best album I’ve and we’ve ever done! The last one will be easy…."

- Hey Jyrki, glad to be talking to you again. Tell us about the Scandinavian tour. Guess you finally have time to relax for a few days.

- Relax? What’s that? I wanna stay hard all night long, ha-ha…I’m hyperactive, I never relax…Anyways, back to the January, we played a short Finnish tour - it was really nice to see our fans and friends again and Finland’s beautiful snowy countryside. The set we played really represents The 69 Eyes as we have in right now, we also added a cover to the end of our set: Zodiac Mindwarp & the Love Reaction’s “Prime Mover”. Sweden and Denmark were really cool to play, we never played outside of Stockholm before, so it was really cool! The show we played in Gothenburg’s Sticky Fingers is one of my favorite 69 Eyes shows ever. Sweden fucking rocks, man – we’ve always thought Stockholm to our second home town, also there’s so fucking cool bands and friends like Gemini Five, Maryslim and naturally our video and party babes Nocturnal Models (http://www.nocturnalmodels.com/)! A dark shadow of sudden passing of the late Dave from CrashDïet was cast on this part of the tour; we dedicated “Wasting The Dawn” for him at Sticky Fingers, RIP.

- During our interview at Athens Terra Vibe gig you mentioned that the title of the new album is going to be “Angels”. You did mention that again yesterday by email. Is this pre-decided and why? Is there a specific concept behind it, as a contrast to Devils, and can u tell us a little bit more about your idea?

- It’s going to be called ANGELS. It’s about City of Angels, glamour, decadence, sex & passion and rock’n’roll…maybe some new stuff will be written on the road in the States as well…Think about a long legged bitch in high heels and short daisy dukes walking on the sidewalk as a jet black limo drives on by and I pull a window down from my backseat – that’s when the music starts…

- Should we expect the use of …“white” for Angels, opposed to your usual black clothing and dark imagery (as in Devils)? Do you plan to reveal a more “innocent” side of The Eyes? Heh?

- Read the previous answer.

- Devils was an album that contained everything. Fast punky songs, great ballads and mid tempo gothic tracks. What is there more to achieve musically on the new album? Will it be more gothic or more glam (don’t say both! Heh)?

- We want to make our “Appetite for Destruction”. Or “Highway to Hell”.

- Have you written any new songs and when do you plan to arrange or record them? What is the theme on lyrics –if you have written any?

- See the previous answers!!

- Will u keep the same production team as in Devils?

- Hell yeah, in Hiili Hiilesmaa and Johnny Lee Michaels we trust!

- How do you see yourself changing in time as an artist?

- Like the Rolling Stones. Now it’s the mid-70’s for us…

- How do you see The 69 Eyes in the future? Do you think there will be a point where you will change your imagery and concept, remove the “cartoonish” influences and the vampire concept and get into more “mature” gothic music? Something like a new “Paris Kills” era?

- We wanted to step away from these other young, H&M gothic bands as we did “Paris Kills” and suddenly everybody was using a lot of synths after that, ha-ha…and later so many American Goth-punk-alternative bands looked so much like us back then, that’s so funny, but also really cool…I think we’re turning into this hard rocking Gothic biker rock band as the years go by (notice: I didn’t say “ as we age”, since Helsinki Vampires don’t age, ha-ha..), something like Circus Of Power meets Ministry and Johnny Cash…as our audience starts to be more like tattooed women with Bettie Page fetish …

- There has been a minority of music Media here in Greece that simply didn’t and don’t get what The 69 Eyes are about. Some said that what you do is retro and has been done before. What do you have to say to those who compare The Eyes to older bands of the genre?

- To borrow the title from the Fuzztones album, The 69 Eyes are “Creatures That The Time Forgot”!

- What are your plans for 2006 personally and for the band?

- I wanna fall in love and record the best album I’ve and we’ve ever done! The last one will be easy….

- Any news about a second Greek visit? A message for the Greek fanclub members?

- We will be there as soon as the new album comes out, last time was a blast! Stay tuned for more Helsinki Vampire news – LOST BOYS!!!

From Helsinki 24.2.2006,
Jyrki69
xxx

Offline Dylon Fujifilm

• forild'oh
  • Associate
  • everyone should eat jojo's
    • Deviant Art...Cause im asian like that
« Reply #315 on: February 26, 2006, 10:18:19 PM »
i seriously am supper hyped on them
RIP Mac Dre
[img width= height=]http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8705/vastsig0cl.jpg[/img]

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #316 on: February 27, 2006, 12:13:50 PM »
I'm quite looking forward to the new album, 69 Eyes are one of the only bands I like that will actual release a product! Nice to get something fresh ;D

Offline frozengirl

« Reply #317 on: March 03, 2006, 01:41:25 PM »

Offline vtioldlde

• Associate
  • its been some time
« Reply #318 on: March 03, 2006, 05:10:39 PM »
 tear
 i couldnt get tickets for tonight  :'(

The Laundry Boyz 4 lyfe!
R.I.P John Scully

Offline bobbybrooks14

« Reply #319 on: March 03, 2006, 11:11:18 PM »
if anyone went to the first show tonight, post setlists plz :)

Offline anya060

« Reply #320 on: March 04, 2006, 12:42:29 AM »
if anyone went to the first show tonight, post setlists plz :)
yeah, please...and thank u :P haha

Offline vtioldlde

• Associate
  • its been some time
« Reply #321 on: March 05, 2006, 06:01:50 PM »
No I didn't record it.

Really good show, you guys will love it
Setlist was something like this

Devils
Don't turn your back on fear
Betty Blue
The Chair
Crashing High
Christina Death
Hevioso
Nothing On You
Sister of Charity
Wrap Your Troubles in Dreams
Gothic Girl
Wasting the Dawn
Dance D'amour
Framed in Blood
Feel Berlin
Lost Boys

ENCORE
Babysitter
Brandon Lee
wow i missed a great showw

The Laundry Boyz 4 lyfe!
R.I.P John Scully

Offline ForAllTid

« Reply #322 on: March 06, 2006, 12:43:58 AM »
sweet  :). Im seeing them in like 3 weeks or so

Offline Thulsa Doom

• Helsinki Vampire
  • Associate
« Reply #323 on: March 06, 2006, 07:05:25 AM »
Pictures from the Jaxx Club.

http://www.jaxxroxx.com/gallery/?Qwd=./2006/03-03-06%20The%2069%20Eyes&Qiv=thumbs&Qis=S

Setlist:
Devils
Don't Turn Your Back...
Betty Blue
Christina Death
Crashing High
The Chair
Hevioso
Wasting The Dawn
Nothing On You
Feel Berlin
Gothic Girl