Author Topic: The 69 Eyes  (Read 139394 times)

Offline vampireheart616

Re: The 69 Eyes
« Reply #750 on: October 23, 2009, 01:53:51 AM »
they did a kiss cover at the show i went to
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline Steel

« Reply #751 on: October 24, 2009, 10:03:41 AM »
I visited their website-didn't see anything- anyone know what (if any) the first single from Back in Blood will be? Hungry for some extra tracks.

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #752 on: October 25, 2009, 01:41:50 AM »
I visited their website-didn't see anything- anyone know what (if any) the first single from Back in Blood will be? Hungry for some extra tracks.

the first single i think was back in blood and the new one is dead n' gone
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline Steel

« Reply #753 on: October 28, 2009, 10:44:55 AM »
Thanks

Offline maz911216

« Reply #754 on: December 22, 2009, 04:59:37 AM »
i love back in blood has to be 69's best album yet

Offline Steel

« Reply #755 on: March 26, 2010, 12:15:49 PM »

Never Say Die: April 8

o1 Never Say Die (Single Mix)
o2 Never Say Die (Album Mix)
o3 Only Fools Don't Fall Once More

I got this shit pre-ordered already...

Any chance someone could post this single? I lost my digital version when my old computer died and can't find it anywhere.

Also, in my quest for this single last week I found this by accident
Maryslim- This Corossion (feat Jyrki69)
http://depositfiles.com/files/yblclryta
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 11:48:33 PM by Steel »

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #756 on: March 30, 2010, 04:38:45 AM »

Never Say Die: April 8

o1 Never Say Die (Single Mix)
o2 Never Say Die (Album Mix)
o3 Only Fools Don't Fall Once More

I got this shit pre-ordered already...

Any chance someone could post this single? I lost my digital version when my old computer died and can't find it anywhere.

Also, in my quest for this single last week I found this by accident
Maryslim- This Corossion (feat Jyrki69)
http://depositfiles.com/files/yblclryta

EDIT:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zjugk0z2ddn
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 09:05:16 PM by six6sixways2love »
"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Offline Steel

« Reply #757 on: March 30, 2010, 11:22:49 PM »
thank you thank you thank you. Lots of Karma heading your way.

Haddonfield

« Reply #758 on: September 27, 2012, 06:27:49 PM »
Just started listening to the new album. Was pleasantly surprised by the first song.

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #759 on: October 01, 2012, 10:34:09 PM »
I feel quite the opposite about the new CD. It is such a let down in so many ways and that saddens me. I have been listening to the 69 Eyes for around 10 years, I owned Bump N Grind before having Paris Kills or Blessed Be. I have always said that there is not one CD of theirs I did not love in one form or another (and I am picky and have no problem finding faults). Because of their constantly evolving sound, they always sounded fresh and exciting. If the lyrics were a bit dull, the instrumentals made up for it. And sometimes the music is overly simple but Jyrki's lyrics are beautiful.

X in short overall, just seemed repetitive in the lyrics dept. Nothing really pulled at my heart (shockingly, Red was one of the better songs lyrically). And the music never really took flight like they have done so in the past. A lot of the times, their songs stay calm and safe for the first 1/2 but then just hit you with WOW. Didn't get that with X.

I've listened to it 3 times. Nothing has changed for me in those listens. Sometimes you hear a song at first and hate it, then you find something about it that hits a chord and then you find yourself putting it on repeat. X has it all spread out on the table. Nothing really to really dig deep and discover.

ps- this is coming from a reviewer that has his entire back tattooed with 69 eyes imagery. So, when you talk about a hardcore fan, that's me. I'm not just trollin

Offline Il_Grinch

« Reply #760 on: March 05, 2013, 05:29:05 AM »
I feel quite the opposite about the new CD. It is such a let down in so many ways and that saddens me. I have been listening to the 69 Eyes for around 10 years, I owned Bump N Grind before having Paris Kills or Blessed Be. I have always said that there is not one CD of theirs I did not love in one form or another (and I am picky and have no problem finding faults). Because of their constantly evolving sound, they always sounded fresh and exciting. If the lyrics were a bit dull, the instrumentals made up for it. And sometimes the music is overly simple but Jyrki's lyrics are beautiful.

X in short overall, just seemed repetitive in the lyrics dept. Nothing really pulled at my heart (shockingly, Red was one of the better songs lyrically). And the music never really took flight like they have done so in the past. A lot of the times, their songs stay calm and safe for the first 1/2 but then just hit you with WOW. Didn't get that with X.

I've listened to it 3 times. Nothing has changed for me in those listens. Sometimes you hear a song at first and hate it, then you find something about it that hits a chord and then you find yourself putting it on repeat. X has it all spread out on the table. Nothing really to really dig deep and discover.

ps- this is coming from a reviewer that has his entire back tattooed with 69 eyes imagery. So, when you talk about a hardcore fan, that's me. I'm not just trollin

I personally like X a lot, I think it's waaay better than Back in Blood. X has a lot of good songs (only I'm Ready is pretty average, in my opinion), it's catchy and enjoyable. On the other hand, I have to agree with you concerning the lyrics: they're dull as hell, nothing new or inspired, and most of all nothing comparable to old, classic lyrics on previous albums.
I also think that the overall song structure is a bit repetitive, intro - verse - bridge - chorus and so on. Meh.
Also, the two videos (Red and Borderline) are pure crap!
The sky stirred, the lights of space flared, beneath my feet the living earth started to breathe.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #761 on: March 06, 2013, 03:29:38 AM »
X is way better than Back In Blood, but it's no Paris Kills or Blessed Be. Love Runs Away is an amazing track, though. I did find that they are falling into a sense of security...they aren't venturing into new territory anymore. Maybe that's just a fault of having put out so many albums?
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline Il_Grinch

« Reply #762 on: March 06, 2013, 04:18:29 AM »
X is way better than Back In Blood, but it's no Paris Kills or Blessed Be. Love Runs Away is an amazing track, though. I did find that they are falling into a sense of security...they aren't venturing into new territory anymore. Maybe that's just a fault of having put out so many albums?

I totally agree with you. X is not Paris Kills or Blessed Be, but it has its moments - like you said, Love Runs Aways is the highlight, and I also like Black and I Love the Darkness in You (shitty lyrics, but I really enjoy how they used the keyboard). Definiteley falling into a sense of security...do you remember when Valo talked about HIM "losing the sense of mystique"? In my opinion this is also true for the 69 Eyes, they're gradually losing eveything I came to love from them - darkness, gloomy lyrics and, most of all, Jyrki's baritone. Maybe that's because they need to sell records, after all.
What do you think of the duet with Kat von D? Have you heard it?
The sky stirred, the lights of space flared, beneath my feet the living earth started to breathe.

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #763 on: March 06, 2013, 04:36:16 AM »
I'm glad this thread popped back up so I can re review myself.

5 months later standout tracks for me are: Love runs away, red, borderline, If you love me the morning after.
Some of that has to do lyrically with where I am in life. But that's what is great about music. Not to derail, but same goes for HIM. There are songs 5 hears ago I LOVED, and now I can skip over them and vise versa.

Back in Blood they really did take the vamp thing too seriously. I loved that album for the music. It was really nice and heavy.
X: jury is still out. at 1am, it's too late to do some serious thinking. There are just little things to irk me and I will gladly talk more about them after a good night's rest.

There is a reason Kat is a tattoo artist and not a singer. She overpowers Jyrki far too much in the mix. Especially when you consider someone like Ville, who is obviously a much better singer, and his voice only peaks out from behind the music here and there when he guest appeared on Eye's tracks. Kat ruined the song.

Offline Il_Grinch

« Reply #764 on: March 06, 2013, 04:54:36 AM »
Yes, she ruins the song. It's a pity, because it would have been a nice ballad if only sung by someone at least able to sing in tune. Why not sing just the refrain and let Jyrki do the rest of the song?

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #765 on: March 06, 2013, 05:07:48 AM »
Kat should not sing.

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #766 on: March 06, 2013, 05:22:36 AM »
the other song that is ruined by a duet is when that lil girly boy Lauri from the Rasmus opens his pie hole on Bittersweet.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #767 on: March 06, 2013, 12:54:26 PM »
Nah, Bittersweet was fine. Lauri is a nice contrast to Ville.

Oh and back to 69 Eyes, what sucked most about X for me was that I ordered the signed edition from that fuckin' "give your money to the artists page who's name escapes me"...it took 2 goddamn months to get the thing!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 12:56:06 PM by Daedalus »

Offline Jay

« Reply #768 on: March 06, 2013, 02:00:39 PM »
Which song did Kat come in? I must have not paid much attention to X.
I did like it better than their recent works. I agree that they tried way too hard on the vampire image.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #769 on: March 06, 2013, 02:07:42 PM »
She was in Rosary Blue... I think it was a limited edition song. I thought it was great and, if anything, it was Jyrki who overpowered her vocals... not the other way around. Either way in my opinion it would be equally as hard for any female to sing along with him because his voice is just so damn deep.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #770 on: March 06, 2013, 05:48:10 PM »
X was deffinetly dissapointing... the songs i like are red, black and i love the darkness in you.
Run Away From The Sun

Offline Inferno

« Reply #771 on: March 06, 2013, 06:26:53 PM »
I agree that it was disappointing, only a few songs were enjoyable... But IMO they were just too simple. They claimed the songs to be the deepest and best they've done, but I didn't think so. X is more of a sing-along compilation than a legit album IMO.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Il_Grinch

« Reply #772 on: March 07, 2013, 11:50:04 AM »
And what about Dracula's Castle? Jyrki claimed that this song is a sign of what's to come for the musical direction of the Eyes...I'm worried, to say the least.

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #773 on: October 03, 2013, 11:55:11 PM »
Do any Europe heads that are purchasing the new 69 Eyes single 'Lost Without Love' mind sharing it?

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #774 on: October 04, 2013, 10:54:40 PM »
Seconded.