Author Topic: Announcement: Razorblade Kiss Co. Something cometh this way soon...  (Read 6454 times)

Offline Harker

• Dutch-HIM
  • Associate
  • Dutch-HIM
Heartagram Team just posted this on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/HeartagramTeam/status/1394192447488491520

A video with a female astronaut trying to fix (open?) something. The music sounds like a live jam and is very Linde and Mige-like. I believe a mid-song jam during Poison Girl.
at 0:32 some text on her helmet ('056 819'? probably nothing)
at 0:34 a countdown (started 30:23:59, then goes to 30:23:58) (video was posted an hour ago). So we will see something tomorrow (if the last digits are seconds), or next month (30 days and 24 hours).
at 0:35 you hear the last notes played of Funeral of Hearts
at 0:38 Heartagram with roses
at 0:40 www.razorblade.co (this redirects to https://razorbladekiss.co/password)

The website says 'Coming Soon' and ''Something special is coming...', shows the same Heartagram with roses, and you can fill in an email address.
In the source code you can find: 'Season 1 Coming soon...'.

I can't find out who registered the website, but it was already on 15 December 2020.

Options:
-A (live) HIM album (based on the live jam)
-The soundtrack of a TV series? (based on the season 1 coming soon)
-New merch (clothing)?
(The shots of the astronaut brings to mind the soundtrack of the game 'Downward Spiral', but that game was already released in 2018.)
(On social media some people suggest that it might have to do with DSBH being released 20 years ago (damn, I'm old...). But this album was released on 25 August 2001, and since the announcement is about an event happening in May/June this seems a bit too soon. And why use the music of FoH?)

EDIT: Images (larger)

Link to video (right click > 'save link as' to download)

When you share the www.razorbladekiss.co website on Twitter, you will get this image:

EDIT2:
Of course there is also Instagram (no post on Facebook)
The Heartagramteam post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CO9wNbTHix7/
The video is slightly different, and the post contains the text: ♰ 0 2 3 A ♰

The post is a partnership with Razorblade Kiss Co. https://www.instagram.com/razorbladekissco/. The account posted the same video and same text.
The bio of this account: "Razorblade Kiss Co. Something cometh this way soon..."

The bio of Heartagramteam is also changed to "www.razorbladekiss.co"

In the beginning of the video you see a screen:
(larger) (larger)
But I can't read what it says...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 06:44:00 AM by Harker »

Offline dan24591

Not a clue what this is, but here's everything I've got so far.

The instagram captions have apparently changed a few times. Some of them being "1963-023A", "VALENTINA", and most recently, "023A" between two crosses. This ties in with the video. It leads to Vostok 6.

What is Vostok 6?

Vostok 6 was the first spaceflight to carry a woman into space. The woman's name? Valentina Tereshkova. The spacecraft took flight on June 16th 1963. 6.16. I believe the countdown on the video also ends at June 16th. This spacecraft has an identifier code of 1963-023A.

The website razorbladekiss.co seems to be hosted by Shopify. An online shopfront that sells items.

This image is contained within the source code:

There also seems to be a string of text in the source code that says "Season 1 Coming Soon...". Take from that what you will!
15/10/2004 - 26/04/2013 - 27/10/2013

Offline Harker

• Dutch-HIM
  • Associate
  • Dutch-HIM
Great find!! June 16th (616) seems right. And given other historical events which happenend on that date (Wikipedia), this seems like one of the most 'workable' options.

The Shopify references in the source code made me think of new merch. Like recently Hot Topic and the RR-shirt. But given the trouble of creating a whole new video, this seems bigger. On the other hand, in the past we had gotten our hopes up for something promising and nothing happened. Who knows, maybe last year some people had finally the time to mix the live album of the 2017 Bang and Whimper tour.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
I'm thoroughly prepared to be let down.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline Len777

If it has anything to do with new music, I can almost 100% guarantee that it has nothing to do with Linde and absolutely not Gas. That’s all I can really say.

Offline SIRJARVIS01

I'm hoping we get Gothica Fennica vol 2

Offline Rasta666

• Linde's Hairstylist
  • Hitman
  • Associate
  • Sex, Drugs & Love Metal

Me too, buddy. Merch would be a let down in my mind. I think the most realistic AND exciting thing it could be for me is a live album. We'll see...

Offline Jay

I wished the Like button feature still worked. 

I'm going to foolishly hold out hope for something fun.

Offline SIRJARVIS01

Me too, buddy. Merch would be a let down in my mind. I think the most realistic AND exciting thing it could be for me is a live album. We'll see...
Ville did say in 2017 that they were recording their shows during the tour so my guess would be a live album too. No one seemed to be too impressed with their performances too much during the tour though. Hopefully they give us something good with the live album if that's the case. I mean, I enjoyed the setlist myself because when I first saw them in 2010 they didn't play too many old songs, especially in the States. It was nice to hear something from DSABH live. But overall, I wasn't impressed during the Band and Whimper tour. they played like they couldn't wait to leave

Offline Jay

But overall, I wasn't impressed during the Band and Whimper tour. they played like they couldn't wait to leave

That is exactly how I felt when I last saw them.  Aside from a joke about the Astros, there wasn't much interaction with the crowd at all. 

It's part of the reason I stopped collecting bootlegs after a while.  It began to be a chore and every show sounded exactly the same with the same set over and over. 

Offline SIRJARVIS01

Re: Announcement: Razorblade Kiss Co. Something cometh this way soon...
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2021, 07:09:50 PM »

You nailed it bud. If you look at their set list starting at around 2005, most of those songs stayed permanently.  You'd get maybe 4 new songs at the time, then never missers like wicked game, WOAB, BABL, poison girl, join me, it's all tears, soul on fire, RHIMA, 666, and usually end the show with FOH. Maybe rebel yell, or WLADE depending on the night but never something completely unexpected which is what I hoped the last tour would be. Imagine them picking out a rare treat from each album just to make the crowd smile. Opening with a classic like the beginning of the end would have definitely gotten my attention. They have such a broad catalog so it was a let down to just waste it. Im glad they brought back a few classic songs towards the end of their run though. They ignored anything from DSABH  for years.

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2021, 04:25:24 PM »
Is this all official? There is nothing in FB official and heartagram.com

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2021, 10:10:35 PM »
Great find!! June 16th (616) seems right. And given other historical events which happenend on that date (Wikipedia), this seems like one of the most 'workable' options.

The Shopify references in the source code made me think of new merch. Like recently Hot Topic and the RR-shirt. But given the trouble of creating a whole new video, this seems bigger. On the other hand, in the past we had gotten our hopes up for something promising and nothing happened. Who knows, maybe last year some people had finally the time to mix the live album of the 2017 Bang and Whimper tour.

If they did mix it and are going to  release it, I hope Tim Palmer did the work. Digital Versatile Doom was GREATLY MIXED. I did like the way the new live tracks on the Vinyl Box set were mixed. It sounded way too muddy. The Snare sounded way too high and the guitar sounded like too compressed

Offline Paratisii

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2021, 07:03:13 PM »
Idk if it's been posted yet, but that jam that's playing during the video is a 2007 soundboard recording of the soundcheck at The Docks Nightclub in Toronto.

https://www.filemail.com/d/nrwtgisgjsoqwwx Here's a temporary link of it. Go to 3:30 and it starts there.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1ZhN_Lsvv9fG8ApvJq3VfbzStltU1PDnb "him2007.10.24d1t01.flac" should be able to listen to it on your browser without downloading.

This is the same show where we got the live version of Sleepwalking Past Hope from the Bleed Well single. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ1OJsFrzsQ
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 07:13:03 PM by Paratisii »

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2021, 01:59:07 AM »
Idk if it's been posted yet, but that jam that's playing during the video is a 2007 soundboard recording of the soundcheck at The Docks Nightclub in Toronto.

https://www.filemail.com/d/nrwtgisgjsoqwwx Here's a temporary link of it. Go to 3:30 and it starts there.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1ZhN_Lsvv9fG8ApvJq3VfbzStltU1PDnb "him2007.10.24d1t01.flac" should be able to listen to it on your browser without downloading.

This is the same show where we got the live version of Sleepwalking Past Hope from the Bleed Well single. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ1OJsFrzsQ

Nice catch there.  Hopefully they're not releasing that show "officially"

Offline Len777

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2021, 03:41:24 PM »
This was on their story today..

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2021, 04:29:19 PM »
They used the blood theme from 2007 so whatever is coming,  I can imagine its from that year. Merch, demos, live gigs? Assuming they're not gonna "leak" the Toronto Show

Offline Jay

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2021, 04:52:04 PM »
Saw in the comments that Pius XI's papacy began on June 16 1846...another 616 reference as the title of their story was PIUSXI
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 04:55:27 PM by Jay »

Offline The-Reaper

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2021, 05:10:58 PM »
I subscribed to their site and got an email today with the heartagram logo that you can see in the video, which directs you to the video on their insta page. The message of the email is Preperation is key..  But will you be fast enough. The sender of the mail is yourloveis@razorbladekiss.co
Interesting...

Maybe some limited merch or album...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 05:12:44 PM by The-Reaper »

Offline Inferno

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2021, 06:47:35 PM »
The image is a cipher... Notice how it goes A, B, C, D, etc. and covers every letter of the alphabet.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2021, 06:22:24 AM »
Thanks for the HQ version Inferno.

Somebody was saying that the nun looks like Ville...

Offline Jay

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2021, 01:02:47 PM »
 I tried to subscribe but haven?t gotten an email.

I?ve always enjoyed this cryptic promo that they do. Hope it leads somewhere fun.

But we?re all a lot older now so we don?t have time to be dealing with these puzzles 😂

Offline Harker

• Dutch-HIM
  • Associate
  • Dutch-HIM
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2021, 03:01:27 PM »

I thought the new video looked a bit amateurish (compared with the astronaut one).
As Instagram account him666archives (https://www.instagram.com/him666archives/) posted in their stories: the footages of the nun is free stock material:
https://www.pexels.com/video/nun-doing-a-reverence-in-the-altar-of-a-church-7218954/

A quick search on the same website and I found the astronaut video:
https://www.pexels.com/video/a-woman-removing-her-space-helmet-7670524/

Which definitely tempers hope that this is something official (like a live album).

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2021, 03:46:12 PM »
Nice find Harker! It's no surprise really, I was sure that it's not their footage. The Heartagram Team accounts aren't official as far as I know. Apparently they're run by someone who used to work for the band back when they were still signed to Warner. My guess is that no new audio/video material will be released (they probably don't have any, at least no permission to share). Adding Toronto 2007 soundcheck snippets to the video was a good way to get people hyped, but most will be disappointed for sure. It's already leaked. Some are even talking about a reunion, won't happen now. Likely some merch will be put available on the Shopify site for a limited time, maybe to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of DSABH or something. 1st video clip = cosmic, 2nd one = pope.

Offline gothicafennica

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2021, 05:24:14 PM »
For better or worse a lot of people either don't know or just don't care and treat the street team page like it's HIM's official account anyways since they never really made an attempt to distinguish themselves on social media otherwise and there isn't anywhere else to turn to for news and info anymore. That's the one thing that gives me hope about the surprise not being total bullshit. I'm still expecting a disappointment, but you wouldn't think that someone would do something shady or illegal or that makes anyone look bad so wide out in the open like that on an account that has a solid history of credibility and the band's own endorsement behind it.