Author Topic: A New Era - VV  (Read 20846 times)

Offline FRO

• I <3 Pandas
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
Re: A New Era - VV
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2020, 11:49:46 PM »
It's been years since I've been here! Glad to see old friends are still around! Especially you Jay!

Offline Jay

« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2020, 01:15:18 AM »
It's been years since I've been here! Glad to see old friends are still around! Especially you Jay!

Aww! Welcome back!

Offline Nny

« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2020, 11:35:15 AM »
These songs rule and I've missed you all!  :-*

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
  • There is no end to the hurting - I love you...
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2020, 04:34:10 PM »
A graphic I made with the cover and the chorus/outro lyrics from Run Away from the Sun.
We are the ones with moonlit hearts - run to me
And we belong to another world
Run to me

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2020, 07:37:13 PM »
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 07:52:41 PM by Eric616 »
Run to me

Offline gothicafennica

« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2020, 10:47:40 PM »
That's pretty sweet, actually. I've always had a thing for Ville's handwriting.

Offline Lujja

• ••ll•ll•[ HIM-Valo ]•ll•ll•• My hell begins from the 10th and descends to the circle six hundred threescore and six
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
    • Heartabolikal HIM Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2020, 12:52:43 AM »
I don't know if it was mentioned in past posts already, but Mark Gemini Thwaite mentioned that Ville confirmed to him that VV's "Gothica Fennica" EP is a project perfomed by himself, he played all the instruments. Ville recorded it at his house. For now, the only one who has been confirmed to have worked on the EP was Tim Palmer as mixer.
Where the lost are safe until they love again...

Offline gothicafennica

« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2020, 03:59:18 AM »
Some thought that they were definitely hearing Linde, while others (such as myself) felt like there was pretty much no mistaking Mige being on bass duties. It just goes to show you, if true and which it probably is, exactly how much of HIM was Ville himself all along. It almost makes me feel a certain way towards the other guys that I never did before if he was able to recreate certain elements of their sound/playing style so precisely and easily, apparently. Like, yeah he should be able to do a decent imitation of them by now and he has the advantage of knowing exactly what kind of various effects and settings that they use, but at the same time he probably still shouldn't really be able to completely fool someone into thinking that it's anyone other than him playing.

Offline HIM fanatic girl

« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2020, 05:13:56 AM »
Thanks for that
I miss HIM !!

Offline HIM fanatic girl

« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2020, 05:59:39 AM »
I don't know if it was mentioned in past posts already, but Mark Gemini Thwaite mentioned that Ville confirmed to him that VV's "Gothica Fennica" EP is a project perfomed by himself, he played all the instruments. Ville recorded it at his house. For now, the only one who has been confirmed to have worked on the EP was Tim Palmer as mixer.
Well , interesting.
I miss HIM !!

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2020, 07:46:34 AM »
I'm pretty sure that Ville is playing all the instruments and most of the tracks have been recorded at his home studio.
It turns out that I was right :o

After a few listens, some of the nuances on the guitars just revealed to me that it can't be Linde. Some people on the YouTube comments were so sure that it was lol. Also it really doesn't sound right to me that suddenly every HIM member would be playing on Ville's new songs that are completely his own work, his project.

Hopefully Ville will do a small tour to promote the stuff. It would be great to see him on stage again. I wonder who would be in the band.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 07:47:20 AM by DarkSecret666 »

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2020, 12:38:53 PM »
I still wanna believe that Mige has the bass part  ;D no matter that Ville can play easily all the instruments...maybe except the guitar...  ;)

honestly i dont listen the new songs anymore... waiting for Vol.2  ;D

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2020, 01:44:47 PM »
I still wanna believe that Mige has the bass part  ;D no matter that Ville can play easily all the instruments...maybe except the guitar...  ;)

Whaa? Ville can easily play the bass and acoustic guitar so I'm sure that he is good at electric guitar too. Most of the HIM demos are just Ville w/ his guitar. He's been doing it for at least 20+ years now, of course he can easily play it. Being good at guitar does not mean that you have to be able to play Linde's super wah-wah solos haha, but he's still good. For example on 2014 gigs, he played For You fingerstyle while singing at the same time, which is not easy.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 01:46:15 PM by DarkSecret666 »

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2020, 02:59:06 PM »

Whaa? Ville can easily play the bass and acoustic guitar so I'm sure that he is good at electric guitar too. Most of the HIM demos are just Ville w/ his guitar. He's been doing it for at least 20+ years now, of course he can easily play it. Being good at guitar does not mean that you have to be able to play Linde's super wah-wah solos haha, but he's still good. For example on 2014 gigs, he played For You fingerstyle while singing at the same time, which is not easy.

yeah...that acoustic guitar really annoyed me that whole tour, should have used an electric one

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2020, 06:36:39 PM »

I don't believe we'll be hearing any intricate guitar solo's from Ville in the vein of Linde. haha
Run to me

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2020, 07:38:55 PM »

he played the drumms in Daniel Lioneye tour in 2014... i was talking he can not replace linde's guitar skills...not acoustic... but

maybe he learned some electric guitar he is very talent and he had enough time in the last..2 years.....  :)

I don't believe we'll be hearing any intricate guitar solo's from Ville in the vein of Linde. haha

indeed, and he'll not trying to...

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2020, 02:41:45 PM »
Linde and Burton would share the music via email and Burton would add his own parts before adding it into the mix. I don't see why Ville wouldn't do the same with linde

Offline gothicafennica

« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2020, 06:17:18 AM »
**FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE**
April 2nd, 2020

Greetings fellow Sacrament members.

Due to (a lack of) recent and substantial events, I have thereby decreed the lowering of the HIM DEFCON level down to a 4, meaning that operations persist of increased intelligence gathering about VV.

It goes without saying that this is a big change from the 2 that we were under just recently with the surprise release of the EP, when the fanbase was put at a high state of readiness and able to deploy to the message board and various other websites within six hours.

However, as you all know this is still a rapidly developing situation. As such, please stay tuned for updates on any further changes.

Together we can accomplish anything that we set our minds on.

Thank you and God bless.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 11:40:40 AM by gothicafennica »

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2020, 11:57:06 AM »
April 2nd, 2020

Due to (a lack of) recent and substantial events, I have thereby decreed the lowering of the HIM DEFCON level down to a 4, meaning that operations persist of increased intelligence gathering about VV.

It goes without saying that this is a big change from the 2 that we were under just recently with the surprise release of the EP, when the fanbase was put at a high state of readiness and able to deploy to the message board and various other websites within six hours.

However, as you all know this is still a rapidly developing situation. As such, please stay tuned for updates on any further changes.

Thank you and God bless.

I'm way too stupid to understand this, and I read it 4 times.....layman's terms?

Offline gothicafennica

« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2020, 03:55:59 PM »
April 2nd, 2020

Thank you and God bless.

I'm way too stupid to understand this, and I read it 4 times.....layman's terms?

Haha. For the past several days now I've been wanting to make a post about how things appear to be back to normal in the HIM Universe once again, normal as in how they were before the VV EP arrived. But I figured that people might want to give me shit for it, so it's basically just saying the same thing as that except for I attempted doing it in an interesting and humorous way that I came up with while I was both sleep deprived and bored. Basically, it was nice for those first few days after the surprise drop seeing all of the activity in various places shoot back up and some excitement amongst the fanbase again, but it feels like it's back to business as usual now after we've all had time to digest the three tracks without any further news and clarification on things coming out in the meantime.

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2020, 04:17:20 PM »
April 2nd, 2020

Thank you and God bless.

Haha. For the past several days now I've been wanting to make a post about how things appear to be back to normal in the HIM Universe once again, normal as in how they were before the VV EP arrived. But I figured that people might want to give me shit for it, so it's basically just saying the same thing as that except for I attempted doing it in an interesting and humorous way that I came up with while I was both sleep deprived and bored. Basically, it was nice for those first few days after the surprise drop seeing all of the activity in various places shoot back up and some excitement amongst the fanbase again, but it feels like it's back to business as usual now after we've all had time to digest the three tracks without any further news and clarification on things coming out in the meantime.

Ah, I see. To be honest, the 3 songs may have been released last minute due to the epidemic.  I feel Ville had different plans with maybe a music video or a full album. But it could just be me talking out of my ass lol.

Offline Rasta666

• Linde's Hairstylist
  • Hitman
  • Associate
  • Sex, Drugs & Love Metal
« Reply #96 on: April 16, 2020, 11:46:38 AM »
Hello, old friends! Been a long time since I've visited (over two years!), but so glad I did! Love these songs, and can't wait to see what Ville's future holds.

Peace and love metal to you all x

Offline Squeezit Wafflenose

« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2020, 04:57:18 AM »

Offline RazorbladeKiss666

« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2020, 10:55:19 AM »
I looove the tracks, Saturnine Saturnalia especially has been on repeat. They all still sound so HIM despite the other guys not being there

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #99 on: April 01, 2022, 07:35:28 AM »
April fools or not, there?s some type of teaser on the heartagram Facebook and instagram along with a new cover photo
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain