Author Topic: A New Era - VV  (Read 20840 times)

Offline gothicafennica

Re: A New Era - VV
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2020, 01:54:12 PM »
Not to harp on it too much, but some of you guys are really misconstruing what ?HIM resurrected? means in the context of that Facebook post. But yeah, hopefully there's some official news soon about what's going on.

Offline Jay

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2020, 01:54:27 PM »
From Reddit, per Summa Inferno, and just to add some more confusion to everything:

http://i.redd.it/yt0ss5thzrn41.jpg

HIM resurrected under the name Heartagram, with Mige being a part of the new band, supposedly.

Just to clarify, since I read it on social networks: Summa Inferno is not a Finnish page, is a Mexican page of music news and reviews. Thus, it's not a reliable source to announce it as official news.

Why would it being a Mexican source make it unreliable?  ???

Aside from the fact that Mexico is not Finland, and far from it, you don't find it odd that a Mexican source is essentially breaking news on a Finnish band?

Honestly, no. Not so much in this day and age and with HIM/Ville's worldwide appeal. I mean, what if it was a US based source like Loudwire that posted that exact same thing instead? More people would be inclined to believe it because of where it comes from due to a company credibility standpoint, but they're not based in Finland either, obviously.

However, I did make it clear that I thought that they were more than likely using conjecture and making assumptions after the fact of the music releasing rather than supplying us with legitimate confirmed information, just for the record. But I still wanted to pass it on anyhow because at the time there weren't very many sites reporting on the whole thing as of yet.

It?s all good man. And welcome to the forum! He meant no offense by any means.

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2020, 02:36:24 PM »
Well, according to Gas, he isn't the drummer.  So that rules out one member. Could be kosmo or Ville returning to his drumming ways

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2020, 02:59:36 PM »
Hey also i wanna thank Ville for the way he released the songs... the thing i hated the most before was the long wait to the release date...

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
  • There is no end to the hurting - I love you...
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2020, 03:23:26 PM »
Well, according to Gas, he isn't the drummer.  So that rules out one member. Could be kosmo or Ville returning to his drumming ways
It sounds like Ville is drumming. In theory Ville could've performed all of these songs by himself. Burton may be playing the keys, but I'm not hearing anything that Ville couldn't play himself. 

Now, I assume Mige, Burton, a drummer and guitarist will be the backing band if Ville tours with these songs/HIM songs.
We are the ones with moonlit hearts - run to me
And we belong to another world
Run to me

Offline Lujja

• ••ll•ll•[ HIM-Valo ]•ll•ll•• My hell begins from the 10th and descends to the circle six hundred threescore and six
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
    • Heartabolikal HIM Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2020, 07:09:22 PM »
From Reddit, per Summa Inferno, and just to add some more confusion to everything:

HIM resurrected under the name Heartagram, with Mige being a part of the new band, supposedly.

Just to clarify, since I read it on social networks: Summa Inferno is not a Finnish page, is a Mexican page of music news and reviews. Thus, it's not a reliable source to announce it as official news.

Aside from the fact that Mexico is not Finland, and far from it, you don't find it odd that a Mexican source is essentially breaking news on a Finnish band?

Honestly, no. Not so much in this day and age and with HIM/Ville's worldwide appeal. I mean, what if it was a US based source like Loudwire that posted that exact same thing instead? More people would be inclined to believe it because of where it comes from due to a company credibility standpoint, but they're not based in Finland either, obviously.

However, I did make it clear that I thought that they were more than likely using conjecture and making assumptions after the fact of the music releasing rather than supplying us with legitimate confirmed information, just for the record. But I still wanted to pass it on anyhow because at the time there weren't very many sites reporting on the whole thing as of yet.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. It was only a clarification since it started to go viral on Facebook on the assumption that a "Finnish page" confirmed HIM's return with Ville and Mige. Sure, there may be reliable sources outside of Finland but Summa Inferno is not a source we can trust as a source close to the band and who have given exclusives like Metal Hammer for example.

If you see the website, they no longer confirm Mige's participation:

"Surprisingly, Ville Valo has released an EP called Gothica Fennica Vol. 1. The curious thing is that it has been released under an aesthetic, the heartagram and a sound extremely similar to that used by its extinct band, HIM, which retired from the stage in 2017.

There is not much information about it, but the conjectures lead us to believe that Valo wants to retake the project, but without his bandmates, will it be? Time will tell. "

https://summainferno.com/ville-valo-lanza-ep-bajo-el-simbolo-del-heartagram-el-renacimiento-de-him/

By the way, I am Mexican, I didn't mean that being Mexican source means that it is not a reliable source. Actually, Summa Inferno is not really a serious page. It's a good website for music news, but also for jokes and fun. For example, they have mocked HIM and its fans a lot.
Where the lost are safe until they love again...

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2020, 09:58:22 PM »
HIM was basically all Ville. He wrote the music and lyrics, it's his baby.

I hope Linde, and the rest of HIM's ex-members play on Ville's solo LP.

Hopefully Ville tours this autumn or next spring/summer in the USA.
Run to me

Offline Jay

« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2020, 12:06:56 AM »

I agree. I think we all agree that HIM is/was Ville; no matter how unfair that was to the band. I said I didn?t enjoy Ville Valo and the Agents, Flat Earth, or whatever Wendy?s Drive Thru shit Gas played on. This 3-track EP was everything I loved about HIM.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2020, 01:20:32 AM »

I think you're missing the biggest difference here... Only they reported it which is why I mentioned "breaking news." Why would a Finnish band give the exclusive to some random Mexican place that relatively no one has even heard of?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 01:24:13 AM by Inferno »
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2020, 01:40:54 AM »

I think you're missing the biggest difference here... Only they reported it which is why I mentioned "breaking news." Why would a Finnish band give the exclusive to some random Mexican place that no one has even heard of?
I'm positive it's bullshit. Ville hasn't been fond of giving information to big publications, let alone a small one.

I have a feeling the Coarona virus nixed his plans to announce his return through someone like Daniel P. Carter and do any in-person press since Finland restricted travel the same day the EP came out.

Not to mention just one post on Facebook to a link to buy the EP is all he needed to do. The music speaks for itself. And we've all been waiting for nearly 7 years to have a new album released.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 01:48:31 AM by Eric616 »
Run to me

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2020, 02:20:05 AM »

I agree. I think we all agree that HIM is/was Ville; no matter how unfair that was to the band. I said I didn?t enjoy Ville Valo and the Agents, Flat Earth, or whatever Wendy?s Drive Thru shit Gas played on. This 3-track EP was everything I loved about HIM.

I guess I'm in the minority to view HIM as a collective. Every one of them brought something to the table. I knew when it was there and when it wasn't. The last tour w/o Gas felt weird. When one of the guys was having an off night, I felt it.

Whatever this new project entails, I don't want it to be HIM v2. We all lived that chapter. Some of us longer than others. I got my monies worth so to speak.  I don't want to see Ville go into his middle years trying to relive "the glory days". It won't be the same and it'll just look sad without the same 4 guys around him. Like an aging metal dude still with long hair but now with a bald spot. These new songs, I could argue aren't really HIM songs. And that's what I want. Familiar but different. 
"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2020, 03:09:34 AM »

I guess I'm in the minority to view HIM as a collective. Every one of them brought something to the table. I knew when it was there and when it wasn't. The last tour w/o Gas felt weird. When one of the guys was having an off night, I felt it.

Whatever this new project entails, I don't want it to be HIM v2. We all lived that chapter. Some of us longer than others. I got my monies worth so to speak.  I don't want to see Ville go into his middle years trying to relive "the glory days". It won't be the same and it'll just look sad without the same 4 guys around him. Like an aging metal dude still with long hair but now with a bald spot. These new songs, I could argue aren't really HIM songs. And that's what I want. Familiar but different.
Oh, I'm not saying these songs aren't different than HIM. For one, Ville isn't screaming or belting high notes that he can't hit comfortably anymore. The songs aren't as heavy as HIM. Guitar in this project seems to serve the song. There are no guitar solos.

But the melancholic atmosphere is alive and well in these songs, just like HIM.

Ville wrote the melodies and lyrics. It's obvious Ville allowed the guys freedom to make it their own sound and improvise in the studio.
This isn't HIM, but it's got the same vibe.

Kiss the Void would fit in seamlessly on this album. Drawn and Quartered too.
Run to me

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2020, 06:19:44 AM »
I'm pretty sure that Ville is playing all the instruments and most of the tracks have been recorded at his home studio.

Offline gothicafennica

« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2020, 07:12:57 AM »

I think you're missing the biggest difference here... Only they reported it which is why I mentioned "breaking news." Why would a Finnish band give the exclusive to some random Mexican place that relatively no one has even heard of?

But it wasn't exactly breaking news, though, because like I said...

Ah, nevermind. Let's just agree to disagree on this particular topic, shall we?

Hopefully today is the day that we find out about all of what's going on.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 07:15:32 AM by gothicafennica »

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2020, 10:57:49 PM »
Wow it has been a while.  Glad he released this under these tough times.

And omg this sounds like some of Ville Valos best work and sounds exactly like HIM.  I like the post with the goosebumps because I played run away from the sun last and got extreme goosebumps lol.  I ultimately did wonder if Mige or Burton would be on the tracks.  There's no band member list on the website.  It's killing me now, hope we find out soon.  I'm hoping he will tour as well and think he can draw all the HIM fans+ . 
Run Away From The Sun

Offline Len777

« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2020, 11:37:07 PM »
I absolutely love this lyrics on this, specifically Saturnine Saturnalia, so fucking good. Even the music on that one reminds me of cyanide sun if it had been recorded for Love Metal so good.

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2020, 12:45:55 AM »
Am I the only one wondering what this actually means for Ville touring? I mean, say he does have musicians tour with him, do you guys think he's only going to play songs he wrote himself for the EP or do you guys think he's going to have the touring guys learn HIM songs?

I'm actually curious to see how different musicians would handle playing HIM songs with ville singing.

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2020, 12:59:32 AM »
I absolutely love this lyrics on this, specifically Saturnine Saturnalia, so fucking good. Even the music on that one reminds me of cyanide sun if it had been recorded for Love Metal so good.

It's funny you say that, because I felt the Cyanide vibe as well.

Also, on Daniel Carter's stories....I thought I recognized the symbols. It's the Malachim alphabet that was used on ToT.

"Stay Home"
"Stay Safe"

"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2020, 02:38:22 AM »
Am I the only one wondering what this actually means for Ville touring? I mean, say he does have musicians tour with him, do you guys think he's only going to play songs he wrote himself for the EP or do you guys think he's going to have the touring guys learn HIM songs?

I'm actually curious to see how different musicians would handle playing HIM songs with ville singing.
I have a feeling we're going to get an LP released later this year or early next year. He'll have a backing band and perform mostly new songs, and of course probably play Join Me, Wicked Game, Your Sweet Six Six Six and WLADE.

Hopefully Helldone comes back this year. It'd be cool if every year we'd get a few HIM songs with Linde, Mige, Burton, Gas and Ville.

Touring is how most musicians make the lions share of money, so I seriously doubt he's not going to tour. Due to postponements and cancellations of summer festivals this year because of Covid-19, I believe he would've played these new songs and 4 HIM songs (I could see a mix of acoustic renditions and using a backing band). I loved the rendition of WLADE Ville Valo and the Agents did.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 02:40:30 AM by Eric616 »
Run to me

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2020, 03:10:31 AM »
To be honest, I can listen to HIM all day but I have to point out the band's playing especially in recent years got a little stale. When the band started playing more rarities in 2014 during the LMA tour, I got super excited. However after about 3 songs in, my ears were able to predict how linde would play each solo with most wah, and none of the other band members improvised anywhere near as much.  I could listen to a performance dating back from 2013 until now, but can barely hear a difference.  Whereas if you listen to say anything from 2001 to 2003 theres a lot of distinction. The reason why I'm excited to see if the band that tours is going to play HIM songs is simply because itd be nice to hear them in a new element.  I want to see what someone else can add to the mix. The reason why HIM stood out to me was because of how they are able to deconstruct a song and somehow create something eargasmic.  I've loved that about them and unfortunately I've been left yearning for more. An acoustic set of HIM songs wouldn't be bad, though but again I'd want to hear it under a new light, like we did with the agents. Or maybe play something we haven't heard before. Hell, back In 2005 there was a snippet during the dark light sessions where ville picked up an acoustic and randomly played Vampire heart.  I was sad we never got the full version.

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2020, 03:13:57 AM »
It doesn't really sound like ville would create a tour just for an LP. He'd have to play HIM songs, too.

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2020, 04:51:35 AM »
i'm not sure this songs will be played live... vol.1 sounds me more experimental... for now i dont see any tour

this is only my opinion* but i think Ville is not in good relationship with Gas... and may be there are some problems with Linde.... (dont take this serious , i dont know the guys ,im far away from them)
 If he will tour i bet he will pick up Mige and Burton for sure... it will be strange to collect Linde, Mige, Burton, Kosmo for VV project...the people will confuse  ;D

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2020, 11:17:16 AM »
I'm thinking there has to be an album coming out to follow.  These tracks may or may not be on the CD but it will happen.  A tour should come next and I'm sure he will play new stuff, a few HIM songs or maybe even covers.  The first stops would have to be Finland then Europe.  I would hope he would headline a tour in the US so we don't get a short set. 

These songs are really growing on me.  They sound very current compared to our gothic tone of HIM.  I would like to hear a faster/darker song but you gotta give it to VV.  For all we know he could be playing all the instruments.  It's nice to hear the full hq track for first time vs playing the song lyric guess game.
Run Away From The Sun

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2020, 03:28:56 PM »
I love that this release is put out by Ville through his own label. Total creative control. And profits going mostly to the artist and his employees at the label instead of corporate suits.
Run to me

Offline gothicafennica

« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2020, 07:42:06 PM »
Upper body wear: https://everpress.com/vv
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 07:17:49 PM by gothicafennica »