Author Topic: A New Era - VV  (Read 20838 times)

Offline gothicafennica

Re: A New Era - VV
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2020, 05:30:42 AM »
It would definitely be interesting to know just when these songs were written/first started on. They might go back a lot farther than we would think, or they could be brand new compositions. Perhaps more than that, though, I want to be told who else is playing on the album and had their hands in the making of it.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2020, 05:50:24 AM »
My skin when first listening to Saturnine Saturnalia...

When the bass and drums kick in...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 06:56:16 AM by Inferno »
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2020, 05:59:09 AM »
 ;D

Then Mige is behind the bass probably  ;)

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2020, 08:05:46 AM »
Whaaa? Awesome! I sure am late. There was an odd "website update" on Rambo Rimbaud FB two days ago, it was a hint.

What do you all think, who's playing the instruments? The guitar sounds are similar to Linde's, but not sure if it's him playing. Ville can play anything tho, but maybe Kosmo?... Mige?

Run Away from the Sun reminds me of Love Without Tears and Drawn & Quartered.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 08:17:11 AM by DarkSecret666 »

Offline gothicafennica

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2020, 08:55:33 AM »
The big question now is what happens next. Is it near total silence until a Vol. 2/something else suddenly appears at some point? I feel like I'm getting slightly ahead of things by worrying about that instead of just enjoying the new music, but it's going to suck if that's it and we're left wondering about certain details still while all of the fans that came out of the dark go back into their hiding again.

Offline The-Reaper

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2020, 09:11:58 AM »
That's probably my first post since 3 years or so  :o

But gosh, I have to say I'm really digging these songs. They have that typical HIM-Vibe, very melodic, great vocals. Run Away From The Sun fits as a single track for the radio. It's very catchy and reminds me a little of Drawn and Quartered.
My favorite is definitely Saturnine Saturnalia. Wonderful melody very bearing, gloomy and for me even has some small Venus Doom vibes.

All in all it sounds in the direction of Tears on Tape and could have been well written to that time.

The guitar sure sounds a little like Linde but then again I don't know could be someone else playing with his setup  :D

Can't wait to hear more and get some official statements.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 09:20:43 AM by The-Reaper »

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2020, 10:07:32 AM »
So, are we as a community in agreement that the new logo shall be called the "Valogram"? Or are we going with the lesser, but still good, choice of "Villegram"?
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline Jay

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2020, 10:44:26 AM »
So, are we as a community in agreement that the new logo shall be called the "Valogram"? Or are we going with the lesser, but still good, choice of "Villegram"?

Haha...he personally owns the trademark right?  I like that he added the V to it to distinguish that this is a Ville project (HIS? lol) and not a HIM project.

They're out on itunes now so I bought them first thing this morning.  Had the chance to really listen to them in full and I love it.  Like everyone has said, it has a Screamworks - Tears on Tape vibe.  I do miss the Linde solos, but Runaway is definitely a radio-friendly hit in the making.

Yesterday the ceiling in one of my rooms had literally collapsed from an AC leak.  I'd been wearing HIM shirts to the gym, so I put one on to clean the mess up when I get a text from Lenny with the new Heartagram/Villegram/Valogram and I didn't know what it was about.  When I found out, it was such a welcomed sound and it lifted me up. 

It's funny as about 2 weeks ago I posted asking what we missed about HIM...and here we are again. 

Offline gothicafennica

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2020, 11:56:09 AM »
From Reddit, per Summa Inferno, and just to add some more confusion to everything:

http://i.redd.it/yt0ss5thzrn41.jpg

HIM resurrected under the name Heartagram, with Mige being a part of the new band, supposedly.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 12:06:22 PM by gothicafennica »

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2020, 12:47:24 PM »
if HIM was resurrected the songs wouldnt be titled VV.... Miges part is true...

Offline dan24591

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2020, 12:54:04 PM »

How do you know Mige's part is true? Is Linde in the band at all? I don't understand how that guitar CAN'T be his.
15/10/2004 - 26/04/2013 - 27/10/2013

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2020, 01:21:15 PM »
There was no guitar solos that give away linde. The guitar still sounds like it could be his. Either way, ville always had a creative hand with how the albums sounded so replicating HIMs studio sound wouldn't be impossible for Ville

Offline dan24591

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2020, 01:27:25 PM »
There was no guitar solos that give away linde. The guitar still sounds like it could be his. Either way, ville always had a creative hand with how the albums sounded so replicating HIMs studio sound wouldn't be impossible for Ville

Neither did Dark Light really. Who knows.
15/10/2004 - 26/04/2013 - 27/10/2013

Offline gothicafennica

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2020, 01:40:05 PM »
For me personally, nothing in any of the songs stuck out to where I thought for sure that it had to be Linde on guitar, but that's just my opinion. On the other hand, the bass sounds unmistakably like Mige's signature distortion (which can easily be replicated, sure) to my vastly untrained ear. On top of that, it just makes sense with everyone else's other projects and everything that we know (or at least can infer) about his closer relationship with Ville that he would be involved with the band over everyone else, but I could be totally wrong. I just can't really see Linde committing to Flat Earth for the foreseeable future and whatever this turns out to be on top of it. Flat Earth definitely has a limited shelf life, though, and I'm sure he's aware of it, so I guess you never truly know.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 01:56:06 PM by gothicafennica »

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2020, 05:01:41 PM »

Neither did Dark Light really. Who knows.

True, nothing in DL was genuine HIM, Except burtons keyboard.
Then again, they made the studio sound sound inferior once they played it live. Linde did actually have some signature sounds in DL now that I really think about it. The under the rose solo, the riff in BTCD.

Offline Jay

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2020, 07:12:50 PM »

I agree with this as the heartagram is decidedly different and he added the V and titled the project VV.  I hadn't seen anything about Mige; and in typical Ville fashion, the news and info is sparse.  I'm sure he'll do an interview soon and we'll get more info.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2020, 07:33:18 PM »
Run Away from the Sun is like a legit HIM anthem... An Ode/Tribute to HIM, if you will. There's so many small lines from a bunch of HIM songs that you'd almost think it was originally a Demo... Or is it? ???
[/

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
  • There is no end to the hurting - I love you...
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2020, 08:00:59 PM »
Fennica is Latin for Finnish.
We are the ones with moonlit hearts - run to me
And we belong to another world
Run to me

Offline gothicafennica

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2020, 09:05:04 PM »
Fennica is Latin for Finnish.

That makes more sense, but I also like the theory on Reddit about the MSV Fennica, a Finnish icebreaking vessel. Thus, this new music is Ville breaking the ice with us using those three songs which represent the next chapter of his career.

I agree with this as the heartagram is decidedly different and he added the V and titled the project VV.  I hadn't seen anything about Mige; and in typical Ville fashion, the news and info is sparse.  I'm sure he'll do an interview soon and we'll get more info.

I've never heard of the source before, but in all fairness to them I don't think that they meant it as Ville bringing back HIM proper. Hopefully within the next couple of days each of these things get straightened out, though. They claim that the band's name is/will be Heartagram rather than VV, but they could just be basing that on the YouTube account and not from any sort of yet to be put out press release or insider information, more likely than not.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 09:17:59 PM by gothicafennica »

Offline Lujja

• ••ll•ll•[ HIM-Valo ]•ll•ll•• My hell begins from the 10th and descends to the circle six hundred threescore and six
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
    • Heartabolikal HIM Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2020, 12:57:49 AM »
From Reddit, per Summa Inferno, and just to add some more confusion to everything:

HIM resurrected under the name Heartagram, with Mige being a part of the new band, supposedly.

Just to clarify, since I read it on social networks: Summa Inferno is not a Finnish page, is a Mexican page of music news and reviews. Thus, it's not a reliable source to announce it as official news.

The only thing that has been officially confirmed is that Tim Palmer was the mixer for the EP. I don't doubt that Mige is part of the project but is there any official confirmation?
Where the lost are safe until they love again...

Offline gothicafennica

« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2020, 06:59:59 AM »

Just to clarify, since I read it on social networks: Summa Inferno is not a Finnish page, is a Mexican page of music news and reviews. Thus, it's not a reliable source to announce it as official news.

Why would it being a Mexican source make it unreliable?  ???

Offline Inferno

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2020, 10:37:58 AM »

Aside from the fact that Mexico is not Finland, and far from it, you don't find it odd that a Mexican source is essentially breaking news on a Finnish band?
[/

Offline MiLToS_666

• The HIM Bootleg Master from Greece!
  • Made Man
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2020, 11:23:18 AM »
Well howdy partners! :)

If anyone has legit source tracks to share, please do by PM.
"It is not the spoon that bends... It is only yourself..."

Offline gothicafennica

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2020, 11:55:31 AM »

Aside from the fact that Mexico is not Finland, and far from it, you don't find it odd that a Mexican source is essentially breaking news on a Finnish band?

Honestly, no. Not so much in this day and age and with HIM/Ville's worldwide appeal. I mean, what if it was a US based source like Loudwire that posted that exact same thing instead? More people would be inclined to believe it because of where it comes from due to a company credibility standpoint, but they're not based in Finland either, obviously.

However, I did make it clear that I thought that they were more than likely using conjecture and making assumptions after the fact of the music releasing rather than supplying us with legitimate confirmed information, just for the record. But I still wanted to pass it on anyhow because at the time there weren't very many sites reporting on the whole thing as of yet.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 12:01:10 PM by gothicafennica »

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2020, 12:53:56 PM »
Every statement which is not from official source should be taken as unreliable... whether it turns out to be true or not...
Also - statement saying HIM is resurrected  when there is a new VV logo and the songs are titled VV and the songs are posted into youtube/heartagram not youtube/him...well doesnt sound serious to me..at all.

Gothica Fennica Vol.1 is out! I hope there will be 2 more - Vol.2 and Vol.3 including 3-4 songs... may be the sound will differ.... like uneasy listening... the s?ntimental side, heavy side.. so i bet vol.2 or 3 will be much heavier....

for me these songs are the ones who have been dropped from previous albums, because of not fitting well or because where not enough good... Ville is monstrously creative.... he is able to do whatever he wants with just one simple melody... these songs would be a good bonus tracks for ToT singles...

i dont think these are the songs that he were talking about "ready" for the next (9th) HIM album..these are something else.... he will tell us soon or later... maybe im wrong..