Author Topic: What Do You Miss Most About HIM?  (Read 1477 times)

Offline Jay

What Do You Miss Most About HIM?
« on: March 04, 2020, 10:43:24 AM »
On a random shuffle, some Screamworks came on and it took me into a HIM loop that I haven?t experienced in a very long time. It got me thinking about the hey day of the band and what I missed most about them.

For me, it?s this community and the experience that we all shared when a new album was in the works. Finding clips here and there, waiting for a leak, no matter how shitty the quality was. I feel some of this somewhat with Ghost with all of their ?lore? but it?s not the same as it was here.

I don?t miss the tours. Let?s be honest...that set list was boring the last decade. It kind of killed the bootleg collecting for me as you couldn?t tell much difference in any of the shows.

I?m not into any of their new projects as they don?t do anything for me and I can?t get into it. Glad they?re still making music, though.

Offline SIRJARVIS01

Re: What Do You Miss Most About HIM?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 12:20:23 AM »
I miss finding random clips on youtube of them preforming whatever single is on the album. I miss looking at the rock am ring lineup year after year hoping to see their name. I miss them taking you behind the scenes of music videos. I miss when Dark Light still felt like a new album.  I miss guessing what the new set list will be.

Offline HIM fanatic girl

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 05:34:28 AM »
Well , everything from them ;)
I miss HIM !!

Offline BABL

• This is how it ends, Not with a Whimper but with a Bang
  • Mobbed Up
  • ~To Dance Fornicate And Murder~
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 06:58:15 PM »
I miss the hype, I loved spending hours conversing with fellow forum members, trading bootlegs, Meeting people at shows, Decoding the heartagram.com Dark light mysteries, The hype was amazing and i get a little bit of that feeling every now and then when i Watch certain old bootleg dvds i have.

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 02:20:29 AM »
I miss feeling the excitement of the live shows I did when I first saw them in my teens. As the years went on and the band got more popular, the Hot Topic nonsense, etc, I put on this facade of being the unphased OG in a sea of noobs. But I'd be lying if when the lights dimmed and the intro music started playing, I turned into a screaming teenager all over again.

I also made a lot of great friends through the street team especially being here in LA. Shows gave us all a guaranteed chance to hang out.
"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 11:09:58 PM »
I miss going on youtube and finding a new interview or gig. I was a bit late to the game first hearing them in 2005. Rock am Ring 2005 was THE HIM gig for me because I found it on limewire when I tried to download Dark Light. I remember popping in LMA V1 into my DVD player and just binging it on a weekend or when I couldn't sleep. I saw them at The Wiltern in 2010 and lost my voice after the second song. A drunk chick asked me and a friend to lift her up so she could flash the band, which she did twice.

Offline gothicafennica

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2020, 04:52:54 AM »
I miss feeling like I'm not one of the remaining few with an obsession that hasn't waned any over the years.

Offline Jay

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2020, 02:31:21 PM »
These are all really great answers that bring back memories that I had forgotten about.

Thinking about the first time I was able to see them live and I got to the show early.  I walked around the back of the venue to the buses and when I saw Mige and Burton get off the bus, I was a little fanboy and yelled "MIGE!" and security yelled at me to stay back.  I wasn't even close, lol.  I was on the other side of the street.