Author Topic: Does anyone know what this is about?  (Read 1245 times)

Offline Night Shade

Does anyone know what this is about?
« on: May 29, 2019, 10:14:41 AM »
Hi all.  I found this on HIM's Youtube channel, but this is NOT our HIM.  Anyone know anything about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tima3TotcRI&list=OLAK5uy_laQlG2DZs9bno4noIIEMpnQkewauyTMt8
"I can barely conceive of a type of beauty in which there is no Melancholy" - Charles Baudelaire

666WTLOnVinylFTW

Re: Does anyone know what this is about?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 03:27:28 PM »
That's definitely strange. I'm pretty much at a loss for how something like that could happen. It would be like if you woke up one day and logged into YouTube to see some video that you didn't upload suddenly on your channel. How does such a thing happen without the account's owner doing it themselves or otherwise granting permission and access? The only thing that I can think of is that there's services out there where you submit your music and they automatically upload it to YouTube for you with a computer generated channel that's the same as your band's name, but how it wound up on HIM's account and not one of their own is a mystery to me. Maybe they've neglected whatever those services are for so long that this “new” him essentially took over their old account for the service and/or got matched up with HIM's YouTube channel through some algorithm and it was able to force the video onto there somehow. Interesting find. That is the official channel, right? I find it funny that their header has the band's named spelled as “H.I.M.” Has it always been like that? It's little things like that that bug me when the people doing it should know better.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 03:33:45 PM by Hacked by 616 »

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 03:56:47 PM »
It's automatic yeah. After someone uploads a song to a streaming service with the same band name, it's possible for it to show up on HIM's YT channel. This happens to many other bands/artists too.

Offline Night Shade

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 11:31:56 AM »
Yeah, this is the official channel.  I didn't even notice the header - that's annoying, they should know better. 

These uploads shouldn't be automatic.  It's not fair to either band.
"I can barely conceive of a type of beauty in which there is no Melancholy" - Charles Baudelaire

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 04:30:12 PM »
it's not like it matters too much anyway, seeing as youtube probably doesn't provide them with much income due to the music and the video both belonging to the label. It'd be different if VV uploaded songs himself or footage he paid to shoot. Come to think of it, HIM could have made a shit ton more money by shooting extra footage themselves and uploading it to youtube. Even if it wasn't professionally shot. Not that I care much about the other "him" but you do have a point. It isn't fair to either of "them"