Author Topic: Will Bam Margera stay sober?  (Read 1846 times)

Offline SIRJARVIS01

Will Bam Margera stay sober?
« on: March 10, 2019, 10:30:54 PM »
A little off topic here, but oh well...starting it for the sake of conversation. Most of the whole world knows Bam and Ville were drunk buddies and some would say Bam even emulated Ville valo at some point right down to the alcoholic tendencies.  Bam has been notorious for jumping on and off the sober train and yet everyone who he befriended In his youth seems to have moved on. After most recently leaving rehab after just 10 days, I'd actually believed he was going to stay sober for good. But in light of the recent news highlighting his childish tantrums,  I have a hard time believing this is the case....what do you all think?

666WTLOnVinylFTW

Re: Will Bam Margera stay sober?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 04:56:24 AM »
What you said about his childhood friends is spot on to my feelings about the situation.

Trying to see things from his perspective, it's gotta suck building this brand/business empire with a bunch of your childhood buddies that enables and requires you to perpetually act like a teenager, and then watching as they all grow up and grow out of acting that way but you're pretty much stuck continuing with it because you're the face of the franchise, it's how you make your living and you get used to a certain lifestyle that isn't possible otherwise, and it's really all that you know how to do to make money.

Out of pretty much the only two true friends that he had left, one dies in a horrific accident and the other eventually has their “come to Jesus” sort of moment and sobers up so they no longer want to do the things that they used to do as well. I'm not even sure if Novak could have been considered a true friend. He was more like Bam's punching bag, but he obviously felt something for the guy to stick with him through all his shit for all that time. Suddenly, you look around and you're all alone. You're surrounded by acquaintances, hangers-oners, and users and abusers because of your celebrity status, but no real friends anymore.

I'm not trying to make excuses for the guy, but addiction is a hell of a mental illness obviously and it can happen to anyone at anytime. It only makes it worse that Bam is almost 40 now and just recently had a child. He's not the first to go through the battle of overcoming addiction and he won't be the last. It took Novak years and years of drug using and abusing after starting at a very young age before he finally completely sobered up. In between that was numerous unsuccessful trips to rehab, stints in jail, and near-death experiences as well, I'm sure.

I have faith that Bam will get through this eventually. I think he could just really use some actual friends by his side for help and encouragement, to try their best to save him from himself before he finally decides to quit what he's doing because if he doesn't want to quit in the first place then no one is going to convince him otherwise. It just doesn't work that way with addiction.

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 04:35:00 PM »
Yeah, the friends in his youth all seemed to have had kids, found other endeavours or just grew out of it. What strikes a nerve in me when it comes to Margera is just how irresponsible for his actions he seems to be, calling his wife a whore, threatening to break shit like a kid at a toy store etc. He also had the nerve to say he didn't belong in rehab because he didn't belong with addicts.  There's a fine line between arrogant and addict, which I feel because of his own circle,  he falls into the arrogant category. April herself threw shade at Ville valo for influencing him to drinking and becoming bulimic, which I'm not sure Ville actually is....I mean, it seems like shes making excuse, after excuse instead of just admitting her son is an addict who needs help. As you said he ain't the first and wont be the last.

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 04:43:28 PM »
What you said about his childhood friends is spot on to my feelings about the situation.

Trying to see things from his perspective, it's gotta suck building this brand/business empire with a bunch of your childhood buddies that enables and requires you to perpetually act like a teenager, and then watching as they all grow up and grow out of acting that way but you're pretty much stuck continuing with it because you're the face of the franchise, it's how you make your living and you get used to a certain lifestyle that isn't possible otherwise, and it's really all that you know how to do to make money.

Out of pretty much the only two true friends that he had left, one dies in a horrific accident and the other eventually has their “come to Jesus” sort of moment and sobers up so they no longer want to do the things that they used to do as well. I'm not even sure if Novak could have been considered a true friend. He was more like Bam's punching bag, but he obviously felt something for the guy to stick with him through all his shit for all that time. Suddenly, you look around and you're all alone. You're surrounded by acquaintances, hangers-oners, and users and abusers because of your celebrity status, but no real friends anymore.

I'm not trying to make excuses for the guy, but addiction is a hell of a mental illness obviously and it can happen to anyone at anytime. It only makes it worse that Bam is almost 40 now and just recently had a child. He's not the first to go through the battle of overcoming addiction and he won't be the last. It took Novak years and years of drug using and abusing after starting at a very young age before he finally completely sobered up. In between that was numerous unsuccessful trips to rehab, stints in jail, and near-death experiences as well, I'm sure.

I have faith that Bam will get through this eventually. I think he could just really use some actual friends by his side for help and encouragement, to try their best to save him from himself before he finally decides to quit what he's doing because if he doesn't want to quit in the first place then no one is going to convince him otherwise. It just doesn't work that way with addiction.

At this point,  I'm not even sure having friends by his side is the answer.  Especially if him having a kid doesn't get him to quit....I feel like he was almost envious when Ville stopped drinking because he was on of the people who got shitfaced with him on any given day.  But the man was about to die, I'd quit too if I was shitting blood no matter how much I drank

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 05:25:46 PM »
I just feel like he could use some people in his life that he actually truly knows and they know him instead of all the acquaintances that he has that hang around him because he's Bam Margera and he might be fun to be around for a day or for awhile but they don't really know him or care about him necessarily, and a lot of them surely see him as a meal ticket that they can leech off of whatever fame and value his name has left. And that's the other thing - he isn't a big celebrity anymore with a show constantly on MTV or things like that. He lashes out at the community leaders for not letting him film, so he's obviously struggling with that as well, his downfall from being filthy rich at a young age and blowing his money like it was never-ending. Couple that with the fact that his best friend in the entire world died and he's ex-communicated from all of his childhood friends that he built his success with and upon, and that's gotta be one hell of a headspace to be in.

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 07:43:36 PM »
Apparently he got checked into a behavioral health clinic earlier today. Let's hope he gets the help he needs.