Author Topic: LMA V1 DVD Audio swap  (Read 367 times)

Offline SIRJARVIS01

LMA V1 DVD Audio swap
« on: January 29, 2019, 02:52:56 AM »
I was going through the LMA V1 DVD just for the fuck of it and I noticed they decided to throw in a Clip of Sweet Pandemonium live from the Lychabettus theater [not sure I even spelled it right] and I decided to give it a listen simply because the gig recordings we have from that show aren't the best so I wanted to listen to it the closest I could to it's true form. and to my suprise, the audio isn't even from the show. It's from semifinal 2003. I was so confused as to why they would let some error like this slide. But then again, I'm not totally shocked as I've seen bands swap out audio feeds during production. It's how we got digital versatile doom...but then I also noticed the two extra clips for Maxidrom 2003 and the quality actually shocked me. I mean it looks like a VHS rip and then some. I'm wondering why the managment in charge didn't have access to the shows in better quality. I swear the only reason I'm even noticing now is because I havent seen the DVD in over 8 years

looking back at the way that bonus clip was shot, my best guess is that it was part of an official DVD release we never got to see. It looks too "enthusiastic if you will" for anything shot for TV. I know that there was a DVD planned for 03 but it was scrapped. could this have been part of the scrapped idea?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 02:56:53 AM by SIRJARVIS01 »