Author Topic: True nightmare  (Read 1226 times)

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
True nightmare
« on: January 02, 2019, 10:43:51 AM »
Hey guys
i am starting to thinking that i am going nuts completely. It happened twice already and its really messed up, i thought that i will share this so maybe anyone would know what the fuck is going on with me and how to avoid it or what.
Ok so its very frightening, terrific experience. As i mentioned i experienced it twice. The thing is that during falling asleep i fell asleep but i was still awake. I cant explain it, but it was like i already fell asleep but i still had my eyes opened and i could hear, but i could not move or do anything. I am 1000% sure that it was not a dream, it was so ODD. But thats not the worst. The fact that i could not move was frightening enough itself, but during that time i have no idea if it was seconds, minutes or how long i could feel very terrified and frightened. I have heard angry voices of some numerous men from behind the door + i have heard sound like an old washing machine that was banging on the wall. It was a true horror. Probably the worst fear of my life. I wanted to scream. Could not even open mouth. I was literally so fucked up i had tears coming from my eyes altough i could not cry. I was absolutely unable to do anything. My wife was sleeping next to me, i could not push her or anything. I focused on my hand as i really wanted to wake her and push her, still i wanted to cry but could not. Finally after a lot of trying i managed to move my finger and simultaneously i screamed of horror and woke up. All disturbing voices and sounds stopped. I dont have to tell you that i could not fall asleep that night again.
The second time the exact thing happened to me last night. EXACTLY the same, same sound and voices. Like Angry men arguing and washing machine banging to the wall. I am afraid to go sleep tonight. This is true nightmare, true horror. I never felt fear and horror like this ever. And i went through a lot! I would say that i was a dream, but i was not sleeping, my mind was still concious and i was awake, i was looking at my wardrobe as it is in front of me when i am in bad.
Have you experienced anything like that or have you heard something like that??
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 10:44:43 AM by 616 »

Offline Night Shade

Re: True nightmare
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 11:42:52 AM »
I've had similar experiences, but nothing quite as horrifying as yours.  I think they're called false awakenings, when you believe that you're awake, and everything in the room seems exactly as it should be, but strange things that shouldn't be happening or even possible are going on. 

These links will give you some more info, so you can see if this is what's happening to you or not:

https://www.verywellhealth.com/what-is-a-false-awakening-3014835

https://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/false-awakenings.html

https://www.nosleeplessnights.com/false-awakening/
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 11:45:59 AM by Night Shade »
"I can barely conceive of a type of beauty in which there is no Melancholy" - Charles Baudelaire

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 03:17:32 PM »
Lucid dreaming, maybe?

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 03:27:29 PM »
In short buddy, you experience something called "sleep paralysis"
It happened to me a lot when I was drinking every day,  a fifth of JD. It usually happened whenever I was putting my mind through stress or my sleeping habits were all over the place

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 01:57:57 PM »
Yup, sounds like sleep paralysis. It's happened to me 2 or 3 times in the last 10 years or so.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 02:43:43 PM »
Isn't sleep paralysis just when you feel like you can't get up, though? I know I've seen people say that they've seen a shadow figure when it's happened to them, but the disassociation 616 speaks about sounds scary. Perhaps high levels and stress leading to sleep deprivation and manic episodes? Shit, I'm not a doctor - but at least it doesn't sound serious, just annoying.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 04:00:15 PM »
i checked the forum few days ago on my phone, without logging and noticed "sleep paralysis" - it sounds scary as fuck.... i checked all the mentioned things you guys wrote. And i think that Lucid dreaming would be hell of a fun. Being able to control dreams, so you can "play your own RPG" every night - fuck yes! But i am sure that this what i experienced was a sleep paralysis. I also stumbled on sime refference to the documentary like movie - or movie like documentary - The Nightmare https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoPsjWqvwT4  it didnt take long to find it on the internet - checked it and there is one fella that has the same experiences during his "nightmares" as i fucking mentioned - a washing machine banging to the wall like sounds! It was terribly scary, the entire experience was a terror to my mind. This guy had similar experienced as i had. Its so odd, scary.... But the rest of the people talking on that docu-movie - they have a serious problem, i mean i really cant imagine what they need to go through, seeing these dark figures and feeling horror and cant move.... no thanks. Seriously i was never more scared in my life before. Luckily since then i had sleep paralysis-free nights. So hopefully it will avoid me to the rest of my life. I really dont want to experience it ever again.
Uff i have very bad feeling as i am writing this and thinking about it. It still frightens me. Even the thought of it makes me uncomfortable.