Author Topic: Could HIM have used a Rhythm guitarist?  (Read 561 times)

Offline SIRJARVIS01

Could HIM have used a Rhythm guitarist?
« on: September 21, 2018, 05:02:24 PM »
In my opinion, linde is possibly one of the best guitarists ever.  Every improvised live riff is amazing,  my personal favorite is The funeral of hearts intro at the Hammerstein ballroom in 2005 HOLY SHIT! but, from time to time I cant help but wonder how HIMs shows would have sounded with an extra guitar....thoughts?

Offline bellafella777

Re: Could HIM have used a Rhythm guitarist?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 06:56:39 PM »
No, HIM was fine as it was, besides Linde used a special guitar setup for rhythm adjustments (double Laney stacks) and I think if they added someone else on top of their sound it would feel like they'd overdo it! Can you imagine a boring Metallica-like HIM band with an overloaded sound? At least the HIM sound has some dynamic due to Linde's playing style and tech choices! That's my take on it anyway!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 07:00:32 PM by bellafella777 »

Offline SIRJARVIS01

Re: Could HIM have used a Rhythm guitarist?
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 08:07:06 PM »
Very true, his wah effects were done very well. Took me forever to realize part of the reason he does it is because hes doing the work of two guitarists sometimes.  I personally think some live songs  guitar breakdowns could have used something at least pre recorded by linde himself (disarm me, heartache every moment). I imagine the setup he used from 2012 onwards was to make everything sound fuller without having to really change his style too much. I'm certain Mige added distortion to his bass too for this reason)