HIM > News & Rumors

Ville Valo and The Agents New Album

(1/12) > >>

Thanatos:

Ville Valo is back! Today, on the birthday of the legendary Finnish singer Rauli Badding Somerjoki (the author of old songs Jykev?? On Rakkaus, Paratiisi, Ikkunaprinsessa, which Valo sang with Agents), a new project was announced: an album of previously unreleased songs by Raouli Somerjoki performed by Agents and Ville. According to guitarist Agents Esa Pulliainen, this idea of ​​this album appeared three years ago, when Esa found three badges of Bading, which he sent once.

The first single, Orpolapsi kiurun, will be released digitally on September 21 (with the author's vocals), and a full-length album is expected in early 2019. Also, in support of the album, there will be a concert tour.

And of course the new promo photo:

google translate from russian.

source: http://www.saintscream.ru/index.php?newsid=385

666WTLOnVinylFTW:
I just came to post this. :)

It's not something I'm interested in personally - the style of the music combined with not being able to understand the lyrics isn't my thing - but I guess it's something? Makes me worried about the status of the long-anticipated Ville “HIM-style” solo album. I think that's what we really all want. If that hasn't been totally abandoned, it's going to be a while. I can totally understand why he would rather take some time off and then do this instead as his first music act after HIM. Hopefully it reinvigorates him musically to finally do that solo album afterwards, but I don't want to get this thread totally off topic so I'll stop blabbing about it. Maybe I just have to finally come to terms with the fact that HIM is dead, but until Ville comes out and says as much and doesn't speak about doing a “HIM” album on his own, that little thread of hope still exists but it certainly isn't fun perpetually being in limbo.

DarkSecret666:
Oh yeah something new! Pulliainen is a fantastic 60's instrumental rock, blues style guitarist. He has a nice signature clean reverb sound, which I like.

Whatever the style of the song will be, I can't wait for this :D

Daedalus:
Unfortunately, if I can't understand the language the lyrics it's in, I'm not interested. It's good to see him getting back to work though, getting that spark going again.

666WTLOnVinylFTW:

--- Quote from: Daedalus on August 30, 2018, 11:40:17 AM ---Unfortunately, if I can't understand the language the lyrics it's in, I'm not interested. It's good to see him getting back to work though, getting that spark going again.

--- End quote ---

It's the same thing with me, except for like Rammstein or something. And even then I'm not like a huge fan of them, but they definitely have a number of songs that I like despite not understanding a word of what's being said. But I've also listened to the English versions of their songs and they suck ass compared to the originals, so I guess German just sounds cool, at least the way the dude sings it, so I can get into it.

I never listened to it, but a lot more people than I would've guessed seemed to enjoy that somewhat recent cover that Ville did in Finnish and was released on vinyl.
It was probably moreso the collectors liking the fact that it was a limited edition release rather than actually enjoying the song itself, but I'm sure they will be savvy enough to do vinyl/limited edition releases for this Agents stuff and those same collectors will be all over it for solely that reason. As long as they're not using that fact to take advantage of people as has been done in the past (i.e. Tears On Tape vinyl after vinyl after vinyl, limited edition after limited edition) then it just is what it is.
It's like that John McCurtie dude or whoever that releases a new picture of Ville like every other month or something and charges crazy prices for limited prints of it. That dude's an ass. I would never buy a picture of someone. I don't see the point of it, but plenty of other people do I guess and it seems like he's been milking Ville and the fans for forever now. But I guess as long as the other guys involved with Ville are having fun and making some money then it's all good, but on the inside it's gotta suck if a bunch of people are buying your music because of reasons other than actually liking it and wanting to hear it.

I could form a band with Ville and create the worst music humanly possible and it would still sell decent enough for what it is just because of his involvement. I'm sure they all are well aware of that, and hell it might even be the reason why this is even taking place, but as an artist I think it would still suck to not have your art be appreciated and just seen as a piece of your ego on a shelf somewhere or as an investment for the future.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version