Author Topic: Ville Valo and The Agents New Album  (Read 25525 times)

Offline Thanatos

Ville Valo and The Agents New Album
« on: August 30, 2018, 04:06:13 AM »

Ville Valo is back! Today, on the birthday of the legendary Finnish singer Rauli Badding Somerjoki (the author of old songs Jykev?? On Rakkaus, Paratiisi, Ikkunaprinsessa, which Valo sang with Agents), a new project was announced: an album of previously unreleased songs by Raouli Somerjoki performed by Agents and Ville. According to guitarist Agents Esa Pulliainen, this idea of ​​this album appeared three years ago, when Esa found three badges of Bading, which he sent once.

The first single, Orpolapsi kiurun, will be released digitally on September 21 (with the author's vocals), and a full-length album is expected in early 2019. Also, in support of the album, there will be a concert tour.

And of course the new promo photo:

google translate from russian.

source: http://www.saintscream.ru/index.php?newsid=385
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 04:12:53 AM by Thanatos »

666WTLOnVinylFTW

Re: Ville Valo and The Agents New Album
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 04:14:15 AM »
I just came to post this. :)

It's not something I'm interested in personally - the style of the music combined with not being able to understand the lyrics isn't my thing - but I guess it's something? Makes me worried about the status of the long-anticipated Ville “HIM-style” solo album. I think that's what we really all want. If that hasn't been totally abandoned, it's going to be a while. I can totally understand why he would rather take some time off and then do this instead as his first music act after HIM. Hopefully it reinvigorates him musically to finally do that solo album afterwards, but I don't want to get this thread totally off topic so I'll stop blabbing about it. Maybe I just have to finally come to terms with the fact that HIM is dead, but until Ville comes out and says as much and doesn't speak about doing a “HIM” album on his own, that little thread of hope still exists but it certainly isn't fun perpetually being in limbo.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 04:32:27 AM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 11:33:08 AM »
Oh yeah something new! Pulliainen is a fantastic 60's instrumental rock, blues style guitarist. He has a nice signature clean reverb sound, which I like.

Whatever the style of the song will be, I can't wait for this :D

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 11:40:17 AM »
Unfortunately, if I can't understand the language the lyrics it's in, I'm not interested. It's good to see him getting back to work though, getting that spark going again.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 01:42:48 PM »
Unfortunately, if I can't understand the language the lyrics it's in, I'm not interested. It's good to see him getting back to work though, getting that spark going again.

It's the same thing with me, except for like Rammstein or something. And even then I'm not like a huge fan of them, but they definitely have a number of songs that I like despite not understanding a word of what's being said. But I've also listened to the English versions of their songs and they suck ass compared to the originals, so I guess German just sounds cool, at least the way the dude sings it, so I can get into it.

I never listened to it, but a lot more people than I would've guessed seemed to enjoy that somewhat recent cover that Ville did in Finnish and was released on vinyl.
It was probably moreso the collectors liking the fact that it was a limited edition release rather than actually enjoying the song itself, but I'm sure they will be savvy enough to do vinyl/limited edition releases for this Agents stuff and those same collectors will be all over it for solely that reason. As long as they're not using that fact to take advantage of people as has been done in the past (i.e. Tears On Tape vinyl after vinyl after vinyl, limited edition after limited edition) then it just is what it is.
It's like that John McCurtie dude or whoever that releases a new picture of Ville like every other month or something and charges crazy prices for limited prints of it. That dude's an ass. I would never buy a picture of someone. I don't see the point of it, but plenty of other people do I guess and it seems like he's been milking Ville and the fans for forever now. But I guess as long as the other guys involved with Ville are having fun and making some money then it's all good, but on the inside it's gotta suck if a bunch of people are buying your music because of reasons other than actually liking it and wanting to hear it.

I could form a band with Ville and create the worst music humanly possible and it would still sell decent enough for what it is just because of his involvement. I'm sure they all are well aware of that, and hell it might even be the reason why this is even taking place, but as an artist I think it would still suck to not have your art be appreciated and just seen as a piece of your ego on a shelf somewhere or as an investment for the future.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 01:51:31 PM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 03:27:56 AM »
i am not horny for this but i will probably buy it just for collecting purposes. As far as this https://mustaparaati.bandcamp.com/album/black-parade is happening i dont give a shit about Flat Earth or Ville Valo & Agents
Flat Earh - from what i have heard i dislike it. Music is OK but the singer sucks to me
Ville Valo & Agents - it can be a nice listening to the album and all that but i dont shit golden nuggets from it so i say - whatever

Offline Night Shade

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 02:04:03 PM »
I agree with Daedalus; I like to understand the lyrics and the message of what I'm listening to. But honestly,Ville could sing the alphabet and I would probably still love it! I'll probably check this one out.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 02:05:15 PM by Night Shade »
"I can barely conceive of a type of beauty in which there is no Melancholy" - Charles Baudelaire

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 02:59:19 PM »
will this be available in the US?

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2018, 03:37:42 PM »
So I just read in an article that this project is supposed to last until the end of next summer, and then Ville will go back to doing his own music in which he already has something prepared and stuffed away. It sounds as if there's a finished album that he's just sitting on until the time is right to release it. It's still a ways away, but it's something to look forward to.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2018, 11:25:14 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bn_fl_sL4U

what the fuck? he looks so SILLY with those new teeth OMG :D he fucked up that

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2018, 02:13:15 PM »
You know you've spent too much time watching bootlegs when you can notice something like that. I looked but couldn't tell any difference.

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2018, 02:56:44 PM »
@616

looks like he got some dental work done, all the years of smoking and drinking probably jacked his teeth up.
I'm also convinced the guy either took singing lessons, is losing his voice, or just picked up a singing technique that he's been using up until this point. (could be all 3) i swear I feel like i'm the ONLY one who noticed that his voice or vocal technique changed between 2010 and 2012. almost like he lost his raspiness and his voice sounds weak, or just nasally

Offline Night Shade

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2018, 03:06:57 PM »
I noticed the change in his voice too, on Tears on Tape.  You're right, it did sound a bit weak, almost like he lost that passion for his music that we could all hear and feel before (I guess maybe he did, since HIM ended up breaking up).  Maybe he's just losing his voice as he gets older.  :'(
"I can barely conceive of a type of beauty in which there is no Melancholy" - Charles Baudelaire

Offline Night Shade

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2018, 03:09:08 PM »
So I just read in an article that this project is supposed to last until the end of next summer, and then Ville will go back to doing his own music in which he already has something prepared and stuffed away. It sounds as if there's a finished album that he's just sitting on until the time is right to release it. It's still a ways away, but it's something to look forward to.

I can't wait! :)  I hope it's black metal.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2018, 03:52:48 PM »
You know you've spent too much time watching bootlegs when you can notice something like that. I looked but couldn't tell any difference.
you are god damn right i have!  ;D today i accidentaly found Paradiso, Amsterdam 2010 video in different folder on my external HDD with bootlegs and watched it - and realised that in 2010 they did perfect versions of WLADE and Your Sweet 666

@616

looks like he got some dental work done, all the years of smoking and drinking probably jacked his teeth up.
I'm also convinced the guy either took singing lessons, is losing his voice, or just picked up a singing technique that he's been using up until this point. (could be all 3) i swear I feel like i'm the ONLY one who noticed that his voice or vocal technique changed between 2010 and 2012. almost like he lost his raspiness and his voice sounds weak, or just nasally
it looks like brand new teeth, implanted, at least the front teeth for sure. He looks so ODD LOL like a rabbit with those two big teeth hahah. i wonder why he fucking did that, he looked just fine before that. I hope the new teeth wont affect his singing and voice as it usually does to people

regarding Villes singing and voice - this is probably the second greatest live version of any HIM song and Villes performance in the lifetime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBDx1mZmXyM the intro is odd but from 2:13 its pure orgasm..... 3:09 is just WOW from deep growl to scream. I wonder how he managed to sing the rest of the setlist that night after this song!
This is by far the best HIM performance ever and Villes greatest performance as well - just flawless - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df1i0BeKalQ  - seriously this is his best vocal performance ever. I wish they released properly mixed soundboard version of this performance on CD as a bonus instead of Its all tears unplugged or instead of WLADE from Atlanta 2014...... we cant fight over this to the death, no one will change my mind, this is the best HIM performance , best Villes performance, from deep lows to falsetos and from falsetos to the deep lows, this is singing masterclass of a decade. no mistake, just in the lyrics :-D i love how he moves with the hip as he starts singing, its so fucking cool. I cant help it but he seems in that video like he sang the easiest song in the world, like it was super easy, nothing to him.... its really heartbreaking that this band is no more
Just take 10 minutes and watch the first video from 2017 and then watch the 1998 video - two best vocal performances in Villes life.

If it was possible i would changed my entire life for a chance to see HIM live in 1998 (probably Frankfurt 1998 gig) . Just to travel in time to this gig, enjoy it and after the gig i could die. I would do it instantly.
The most lucky people were the video and audio crew in Viva TV channel that did this HIM Overdrive performance.
Patka, Ville, Mige, Juska and Linde - it worked so fucking good!

I can't wait! :)  I hope it's black metal.
I would not be surprised and not mad at all!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 03:56:52 PM by 616 »

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2018, 04:00:22 PM »
I actually believe that entire performance from viva over drive 1998 was worthy of being released as A CD on its own. Those unplugged versions were great, but we've had them released mute times. A properly mixed version would have been great, since villes microphone seems to capture some drum eco or delay

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2018, 04:01:40 PM »
I feel like I'm one of the only people that notice but back in 1998 or so he had much larger front teeth and almost look like the gap was bigger. It's started disappearing right around 2005 or so.

Regarding the vocal technique it's very possible that the smoking and drinking just altered his voice to the point where it's completely changed I noticed that back in the early days all the way through 2001 at the very least he had a very  Noticeable crack in his voice when he would  Sing songs In the studio and on the album tracks that also disappeared once deep shadows and brilliant highlights came out but only on certain tracks like  Heartache every moment and don't close your heart. By the time the dark light era Came around the crack in his voice was completely gone. From then on it was pretty much very raspy deepSinging techniques all the way until the beginning of 2012I actually believed that his voice was chipmunked  For the 2012 in studio live  Recording sessions until I was proven wrong
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 04:02:54 PM by SIRJARVIS01 »

Offline Thanatos

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2018, 09:53:16 PM »
I feel like I'm one of the only people that notice but back in 1998 or so he had much larger front teeth and almost look like the gap was bigger. It's started disappearing right around 2005 or so.

i dont care about his teeth honestly but yeay he looks a bit differente in this interview.

just watch wicked game video to the last one and compare

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2018, 12:49:26 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bn_fl_sL4U

what the fuck? he looks so SILLY with those new teeth OMG :D he fucked up that
I just googled "Ville Valo's new teeth" in Finnish and found a 3-day-old topic from a discussion board, already 13 pages full of comments :DD
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 12:51:19 PM by DarkSecret666 »

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2018, 01:50:51 PM »
fuck it, the more i listen to this song the more i fall in love with the overall music. The music track is fucking flawless, Ville Valo on vocals is just a cherry on a top of the pie.
And now honestly, am i the only one here who thinks that Ville sounds much better in Finnish than in English? I think that i wont only buy the new album when it comes for collecting purposes (because of Ville) but i start to have a feeling that i will dig this. At first i had it deep in the end of my anus, but Olet mun, old performances of Ville with the Agents and this new song - i want Ville to have a solo album in Finnish and to sound it exactly as Olet Mun and acoustic stuff in Finnish like THe HEartless acoustic version from remastered reissues bonus album!

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2018, 03:14:10 PM »
You've done gone nuts, son.

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2018, 09:23:54 AM »
February 15th.

Tracklist:

1. Kirstinkulma
2. Ikkunaprinsessa
3. Orpolapsi kiurun
4. Paratiisi
5. Rockin’ with Enzio
6. Kuihtuu kesäinen maa
7. Kettu
8. Tähdet tähdet
9. Syksyn lapsia
10. Mä haluan sun
11. I told you so
12. Tuutulaulu

Offline HelouHill

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2018, 08:48:13 AM »
Pre-sale has started few days ago and the blua limited edition vinyl is already sold out! Basic black vinyl and CD are still available from Levykauppa Äx!

https://www.recordshopx.com/artist/agents/ville_valo_agents/#613680

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
  • There is no end to the hurting - I love you...
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2018, 11:01:48 PM »
I wonder if track 11 is in English, since it’s titled I Told You So.
We are the ones with moonlit hearts - run to me
And we belong to another world
Run to me