Author Topic: Visited an old HIM landmark for the first time, 11 years late  (Read 651 times)

Offline SIRJARVIS01

Visited an old HIM landmark for the first time, 11 years late
« on: August 21, 2018, 07:14:13 PM »
About 2 weeks ago I had the privilege of visiting the orpheum theater for the 1st time. I was there to attend a UFC event.... I was really blown away at the very look of the theater and could see why the band chose to record their live performance DVD there.  It's an absolutely beautiful theater Surprisingly small and intimate.

I wish I could have had the privilege of seeing them in 2007 but I was too young to go at the time...
What other famous him spots have you guys visited in the last few years?

666WTLOnVinylFTW

Re: Visited an old HIM landmark for the first time, 11 years late
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 06:40:31 AM »
I haven't visited any true HIM landmarks, but a personal one for me at least is that my first HIM show was at the House Of Blues in Chicago on the band's first US tour and my last time seeing them was at the same place ten years later so I thought that was cool and a fitting way to end things since I didn't attend the farewell tour. Stood almost in the same spot as I originally did as well. Of course the show in 2004 was much better for a variety of reasons. Does anyone remember Eighteen Visions? Lol. Kill Hannah was great, though. Surprisingly, HIM has had some pretty good openers over the years. Of course the one time I don't go it's CKY - sans Deron, but still. Monster Magnet and Auf Der Maur were great, and then technically Placebo opened for them as well if you want to count the Projekt Revolution tour.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 06:48:30 AM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline SIRJARVIS01

Re: Visited an old HIM landmark for the first time, 11 years late
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 11:36:15 PM »
I remember a few openers over the years myself.  Bleeding Through was one of them if the only band to tour with them at the end of 07. My personal favorite opening act was Dommin back in 2010 at the Wiltern I thought they were great. It would have been great to see them tour with an upcoming Finnish rock band at the time.

The Wiltern in LA will always have the most memorable moments for me. I saw them there in 2010 for the first time. I remember giving up my Hot Topic meet and greet pass just to get there early.  Ended up getting 3rd row.....I remember me and a friend lifted up some drunk girl on our shoulders and she flashed the band.
The last time I saw the band was during the farewell tour also at the wiltern. I ended up going both nights ...the second night i ended up going with a friend who i became friends with simply because of a Heartagram t shirt he was wearing.  We quietly walked out during the guitar ending of WLADE. Very fitting moment to say goodbye...
I haven't visited any true HIM landmarks, but a personal one for me at least is that my first HIM show was at the House Of Blues in Chicago on the band's first US tour and my last time seeing them was at the same place ten years later so I thought that was cool and a fitting way to end things since I didn't attend the farewell tour. Stood almost in the same spot as I originally did as well. Of course the show in 2004 was much better for a variety of reasons. Does anyone remember Eighteen Visions? Lol. Kill Hannah was great, though. Surprisingly, HIM has had some pretty good openers over the years. Of course the one time I don't go it's CKY - sans Deron, but still. Monster Magnet and Auf Der Maur were great, and then technically Placebo opened for them as well if you want to count the Projekt Revolution tour.