Author Topic: Live tracks on Solitary Man single  (Read 663 times)

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
Live tracks on Solitary Man single
« on: August 18, 2018, 09:44:30 AM »
Live versions of Please Don't Let It Go and Your Sweet 666 were on some editions of Solitary Man single. It's written that those tracks are from a live show played on October 15th, 2003. But... where was that show? I went thru every 2003 tour list and didn't find a show from that date. The unreleased 2003 live recording listed on Mika Jussila's mastering page has the date of 10/2003, it has to be from the same show.

HIM played two shows on Oct 17 & 18th in Tampere, warming up for the later canceled Ozzfest tour. Maybe they had a secret rehearsal somewhere in Helsinki before that?

Edit: On some versions of the single is mentioned that the live is from Semifinal in Spring (April) 2003. But why write it as October 15th on the tracklist?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 11:17:35 AM by DarkSecret666 »

Offline SIRJARVIS01

Re: Live tracks on Solitary Man single
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 03:14:51 AM »
it makes sense that it'd be from the semifinal 03, seeing as it was from a scrapped live album. The whole instrument eq setup sounds exactly the same as the rest of the semifinal DVD. I could be wrong. Prehaps he mixed up the dates? only way to know would be to email and ask I guess

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 06:32:05 AM »
Yeah I'm also pretty sure that everything is actually from the Semifinal gigs, the sound is the same. Also they stopped playing Please Don't Let It Go after the Semifinal gigs (last time in Astoria, London in May).

Maybe Mika got the mastering process ready on the 15th of Oct, and someone thought that it was the date of the show.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 06:34:40 AM by DarkSecret666 »

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 10:05:02 PM »
Yeah I'm also pretty sure that everything is actually from the Semifinal gigs, the sound is the same. Also they stopped playing Please Don't Let It Go after the Semifinal gigs (last time in Astoria, London in May).

Maybe Mika got the mastering process ready on the 15th of Oct, and someone thought that it was the date of the show.

it Wouldn't be the first time something is mislabeled.....I believe the sacrament single had a Buried alive by Love live track that was labeled "live in Helsinki" which was taken from the Love Metal Live show in Germany