Author Topic: Former HIM And AMORPHIS Members Join Forces In FLAT EARTH  (Read 23307 times)

Offline Len777

Re: Former HIM And AMORPHIS Members Join Forces In FLAT EARTH
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2018, 02:37:10 PM »
I honestly think that Ville and Gas had a falling out, when gas quit the band but they wanted to keep that private. I think Gas got tired of Ville calling all of the creative shots and doing all of the songwriting himself, so he became bored. Notice Gas was only missing former member on New Years Eve?

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2018, 05:28:04 PM »
I honestly think that Ville and Gas had a falling out, when gas quit the band but they wanted to keep that private. I think Gas got tired of Ville calling all of the creative shots and doing all of the songwriting himself, so he became bored. Notice Gas was only missing former member on New Years Eve?

I think you're right on the money there. But, I also think there's a chance the rest of the boys got tired as well. I mean people say Ville makes up HIM for the most part they are right, but I also think the rest of them do as well. In my opinion the second most important is Linde.

But, I believe they also got tired of the songwriting style. I love HIM and listen to them at least once a day, but Ville hasn't changed his songwriting much so, one has to wonder at 41 years old, shouldn't you try a different approach to music?

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2018, 10:08:59 PM »

If there's any rift at all between the two, I think it could've been caused due to him leaving instead of something happening between them making him decide to leave. Maybe Ville just couldn't wrap his head around someone wanting to end that situation and start a new one with someone else. He may have also felt slighted by sticking by Gas throughout his injury and putting a halt to the band only for him to soon grow tired of HIM and then have to go through the effort to replace him after the whole ordeal. It's possible he grew paranoid of the rest of the band because of Gas and decided to just end HIM instead of potentially watching his band members leave him one by one and ruin his pride while also probably hurting his feelings since these guys were longtime friends. So you end the band on a “good” note and then hire a bunch of randoms to take their spots for a solo album so that it's essentially the same thing without any of the emotional attachment involved.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2018, 10:20:00 PM »
I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Ville names his "solo" act one of the following:
HER
Heartagram
ME
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline avr

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2018, 04:33:47 AM »
I'm not a fan of the name Flat Earth but I do look forward to hear the album. I hope it's more rock than metal. I've just gone completely off metal  :D  I'm not going to lie, I'm more looking forward to hear Ville's solo album and what he's cooking up. I think we could discuss until the cows come home regarding the HIM split up. As long as the guys are happy now and getting creative then everyone is happy. HIM to me will always be the greatest band ever but they're over now. Maybe one day they will re-join but I'm not sure if I want them too?! The glory days to me are over now. It would break my heart again to see them on stage not enjoying it. There's only so many times you can play Join Me..
HIM shows - 24/10/04, 23/06/2006, 29/06/2007, 10/12/2007, 15/03/2010, 16/03/2010, 23/10/13, 03/08/2015 *Farewell tour shows* 14/06/17 - 15/06/17 - 02/12/17 - 14/12/17 - 16/12/17 - 30/12/17 (Thee end - RIP HIM)

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2018, 07:10:05 AM »
I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Ville names his "solo" act one of the following:
HER
Heartagram
ME

or FLAT HEART  ;D and let the battle begin!

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2018, 07:54:24 AM »
Ville Valo And The Heartkillers.

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2018, 08:21:55 AM »
Ville Valo And The Heartkillers.
Haha, good one.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2018, 02:35:05 PM »
Mige will probably end up as an art teacher
Burton will have his own tv show with cooking
Kosmo joined some band last year
Ville will experiment with electronic music

Offline Jay

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2018, 09:22:47 AM »
I?m a little annoyed with their constant IG posts lol. I?ll give them a shot though.

I?ve never listened to any of Gas? side projects or Amorphis, and barely any Daniel Lioneye after the first album.

As for Ville, an 80’s style synth-pop EP in the style of Too Happy to Be Alive might be fun. I know Priest is kind of doing that, but I think Ville could do it better.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 09:28:36 AM by Jay »

Offline Len777

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2018, 04:10:48 AM »
I?m a little annoyed with their constant IG posts lol. I?ll give them a shot though.

I?ve never listened to any of Gas? side projects or Amorphis, and barely any Daniel Lioneye after the first album.

As for Ville, an 80’s style synth-pop EP in the style of Too Happy to Be Alive might be fun. I know Priest is kind of doing that, but I think Ville could do it better.

I like how accessible they are, at least they are communicating with their fans. As opposed to being left in the dark for years. I think this band is going to be awesome, I hope they have as much success as HIM did.

Offline Jay

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2018, 06:27:21 AM »

I like how accessible they are, at least they are communicating with their fans. As opposed to being left in the dark for years. I think this band is going to be awesome, I hope they have as much success as HIM did.

This is true. You win this round.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2018, 02:27:26 PM »

@Jay Is this the Priest you mentioned? Thanks for this! This guy is pretty awesome once you get passed the silliness of his mask lol. I've been having their first album on repeat ever since I saw you mention them. I can't believe that they're pretty much nobodies on Youtube... videos have been posted for months and most of them have barely broken 100k views.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Inferno

~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Len777

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2018, 08:58:34 PM »
Toni has replied to me every time I have commented on one of their posts, or his. I can’t wait for this album especially after hearing the little snippets here and there.

Offline Kir

Offline avr

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2018, 03:11:58 PM »
What’s everyone’s thoughts?
HIM shows - 24/10/04, 23/06/2006, 29/06/2007, 10/12/2007, 15/03/2010, 16/03/2010, 23/10/13, 03/08/2015 *Farewell tour shows* 14/06/17 - 15/06/17 - 02/12/17 - 14/12/17 - 16/12/17 - 30/12/17 (Thee end - RIP HIM)

Offline Len777

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2018, 04:12:30 PM »
I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised.

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2018, 11:06:49 AM »
"Blame" will be premiered tomorrow on Finland's Radio Rock. Gas will be a guest on Jussi 69's show again. I can rip the song.

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2018, 11:49:14 AM »
That would be great if you can. I thought the clip of the song was solid. I could hear the 90s alternative/grunge sound they're aiming for. It would be cool if they can pull it off without sounding overdone or forced. Super underrated time frame for rock music outside of the big grunge bands in my opinion.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2018, 04:00:40 PM »
I was pleasantly surprised. Could definitely hear Gas and Linde's contributions.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2018, 07:22:23 AM »
"Blame" will be premiered tomorrow on Finland's Radio Rock. Gas will be a guest on Jussi 69's show again. I can rip the song.
Sorry, my bad. Gas was in the show, but the song will be premiered on the 27th...

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2018, 07:45:05 AM »
Sorry, my bad. Gas was in the show, but the song will be premiered on the 27th...

You're fired.

So I just saw that Burton is in a new group now and has music coming out soon. On one hand, I'm glad everyone (except for best buds Ville and Mige as far as we know) is continuing right along making music, but on the other I feel bad for them like they didn't make enough or save enough with HIM that they can't afford to take a longer break to smell the roses a little bit or even switch careers to something else they've always wanted to do that isn't as lucrative as the music business. Then again, they're older guys and it's what they know how to do if not all. I also feel bad that they have to use the name HIM to label themselves and drum up interest because they've lived so long in Ville's shadow that no one knows who they are, and that despite that fact it's probably not going to make much of a difference in helping them along. I just don't want to see any of them struggling to make ends meet, but I'm honestly not sure if they can make it on their own for very long without Ville no matter how good any of the music is.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 08:19:26 AM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2018, 04:53:07 AM »
Flat Earth - Blame: https://we.tl/v86vmNxPHB

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2018, 07:33:16 AM »
thanks! I was recording the stream from the morning but they have played the song only once - yesterday at 15:00.

i like the song...