Author Topic: Former HIM And AMORPHIS Members Join Forces In FLAT EARTH  (Read 23372 times)

Online DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
Re: Former HIM And AMORPHIS Members Join Forces In FLAT EARTH
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2018, 09:53:13 AM »
I like it too. I like how Linde sounds like Linde, Gas sounds like Gas :D

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2018, 01:28:16 PM »
Yeah! But lets hope its not the best song in the album :D

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2018, 03:31:08 PM »
I dislike this singer's voice ,.... :-(

Is Daniel Lioneye dead as HIM ? Linde should mainly focus on DL .......in my opinion
Is there any word on any date when that Flat Earth album will be released? 

Still waiting for any word about Ville...well, his music

Online DarkSecret666

• Associate
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2018, 07:56:33 AM »

Is Daniel Lioneye dead as HIM ? Linde should mainly focus on DL .......in my opinion

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm starting to get used to his voice tho. The one thing I like about the vocals is that there is no pitch correction plugins used (at least to my ear). It sounds more natural than the crap nowadays.

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2018, 08:56:52 AM »
So far I'm not really minding the vocals all that much or at all really. Overall I have to say that the song was actually pretty decent. When it first got going I was like uh oh it's sounding almost like To/Die/For and those other types of bands with the keyboards and the melancholy lyrics and vibe (HIM basically, but the bootleg versions) but once it fully kicked in it mostly went away from that and got better. They've got me interested in hearing more for sure. I'm in desperate need of some actual new music to listen to. I'd like to feel like I'm sort of with the times and not always oblivious to everything like I've been living under a rock for thirty years.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2018, 04:08:03 PM »
I'm in desperate need of some actual new music to listen to. I'd like to feel like I'm sort of with the times and not always oblivious to everything like I've been living under a rock for thirty years.
try Musta Paraati

Online DarkSecret666

• Associate
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2018, 06:35:28 AM »
"Blame" is digitally out now.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2018, 11:36:27 AM »

I think the voice is fine, it just needs some more melody/backing vocals to go with it. It's rather plain in 'Blame' until you get into the chorus.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Len777

« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2018, 12:14:04 PM »
Lyrics.

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2018, 08:44:50 AM »
I'm in desperate need of some actual new music to listen to. I'd like to feel like I'm sort of with the times and not always oblivious to everything like I've been living under a rock for thirty years.
try Musta Paraati

If only they sang in English they sound like a band that would be right up my alley.

Offline avr

« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2018, 02:05:02 PM »
Go vote for Flat Earth at this years Kerrang awards - www.kerrang.com/vote

Best Song - Blame

Best Int. Breakthrough Act - Flat Earth

HIM shows - 24/10/04, 23/06/2006, 29/06/2007, 10/12/2007, 15/03/2010, 16/03/2010, 23/10/13, 03/08/2015 *Farewell tour shows* 14/06/17 - 15/06/17 - 02/12/17 - 14/12/17 - 16/12/17 - 30/12/17 (Thee end - RIP HIM)

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2018, 03:50:13 AM »
try Musta Paraati

If only they sang in English they sound like a band that would be right up my alley.
it needs few listening and your ears will get used to the Finnish lyrics, i actually dig them more and more, fucking amazing band

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2018, 09:50:47 AM »
If anyone here has an extra $600 lying around plus travel and accommodation expenses if you don't already live in Helsinki, you can spend an “unforgettable day” with the band as one of their new perks. I bet Gas knows of some really great off the grid places to eat over there, but that'll probably cost another $600 to share a meal with him. That boy can eat and he doesn't go to Burger King anymore. I've seen the Instagram posts and there weren't any pictures of Whoppers on there. It's fine dining only now, my friends. At least he's spending his money wisely. I would have no idea what to say or do. “Hi, Tony Panties - if that even is your real name. It's nice to meet you, I guess. Hi bass player dude from that one band I forgot the name of. Pleasure. Hi Gas and Linde. Listen, this Fiat Earth stuff is fine and all, but can you play some HIM songs for me instead during your rehearsal? Do you have any HIM demos I can listen to? I want to hear some Witches And Other Night Fears, damn it. No? Let's go to Ville's house and bother him then or at least prank call him. You don't know his address and you don't have his phone number either? He blocked you guys on Facebook? Damn, that sucks. Well ok then. See ya guys later.”

Unforgettable.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 09:54:35 AM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Online DarkSecret666

• Associate
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2018, 01:32:42 PM »
You just made me realize why he is called Tony Panties in the band :P His real name is Anttoni Pikkarainen. In Finnish, "pikkarit" means panties. So Tony Panties... lol

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2018, 04:00:14 PM »
The guys are free to do whatever they want...if they want more money... its ok... make another band and earn them....

I think no matter what the people are usually disappointed from the band. Screamworks was shit, tears on tape was poor, the guys doesnt give their best on the concerts, the setlist was always shit, Villes voice was shit, Gas is a traitor, the concerts are too short, why there are 4 instrumental songs on Tot , why there is no more songs in Venus Doom, why the VD remixes are shit, the last albums are all the same,  why there is no LMArchive Vol2, why there is no second live dvd..... and so on... 
And one day the guys just decided to split for good or bad... Am I the only one who thinks that after all, thats gonna be the beginning of something really new and different? Lets say if you guys want a new masterpiece from Ville after all these years I think this is the way!

Offline Thanatos

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2018, 08:45:32 AM »
The more I listen to the song the more I like it. I'm adding the album to my list of upcoming releases that I'm looking forward to. The list now stands at two. :P
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 10:05:21 AM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2018, 06:16:12 AM »

Offline Inferno

« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2018, 04:21:43 PM »
The guys are free to do whatever they want...if they want more money... its ok... make another band and earn them....

I think no matter what the people are usually disappointed from the band. Screamworks was shit, tears on tape was poor, the guys doesnt give their best on the concerts, the setlist was always shit, Villes voice was shit, Gas is a traitor, the concerts are too short, why there are 4 instrumental songs on Tot , why there is no more songs in Venus Doom, why the VD remixes are shit, the last albums are all the same,  why there is no LMArchive Vol2, why there is no second live dvd..... and so on... 
And one day the guys just decided to split for good or bad... Am I the only one who thinks that after all, thats gonna be the beginning of something really new and different? Lets say if you guys want a new masterpiece from Ville after all these years I think this is the way!

The only things I disagree with you on is Screamworks being shit and Gas being a traitor. What good would it have done for Gas to stick around? They did absolutely nothing after he left... I'm guessing that he knew it was bound to happen and instead of just sitting on his hands like everyone else, he left. As for Screamworks, I hold it higher than albums such as Dark Light, Venus Doom, and Tears on Tape... Not to say those albums didn't have great music, that's just how I feel about them as a whole. Screamworks is easily one of the best produced albums in my opinion... Up there with Love Metal and DSBH.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2018, 05:32:48 PM »
These are not my impressions :) this is what the people talked on that time or as far as i understood  ;D
screamworks is the album i listened the most...since dark light...but in the same time is not my favorite...
About Gas... as i said - the guys are free to do whatever they want...including him :)

All the boys are involve with something except Ville and Mige... hopefully they work together and will surprise us soon

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2018, 08:22:38 AM »
Rumor has it that Mige is working with Burton on a full-length Tera Terra And The Plasma Mullets album. A friend of mine spotted them leaving a Comfort Inn in Levittown, PA and ran up to them to say hi. Allegedly, they told him that they were here in the US for a few weeks staying in crappy hotels to get inspiration for the new music. They will then fly back to Helsinki and start recording in the studio. The album is supposed to come out by the end of the year.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list

Offline avr

« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2018, 05:06:22 PM »
The band will pay the rest.
HIM shows - 24/10/04, 23/06/2006, 29/06/2007, 10/12/2007, 15/03/2010, 16/03/2010, 23/10/13, 03/08/2015 *Farewell tour shows* 14/06/17 - 15/06/17 - 02/12/17 - 14/12/17 - 16/12/17 - 30/12/17 (Thee end - RIP HIM)

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2018, 04:46:05 AM »

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2018, 03:34:12 PM »
Anyone listened to the album yet? I've got it downloaded and I'll probably check it out tomorrow. Read a review the other day that wasn't very flattering, to say the least. I think it was given like a 1/10 or something terrible like that. Maybe not quite that bad, but it was bad. The reviewer was spot on with his comment that the marketing of the band pretty much hinges on being a group with two of the guys from HIM and that's the only selling point, which makes sense to bring up obviously but you'd rather see the guys at least try to stand on their own and make it about themselves now with the new band rather than rely on something that two of the members did in their past to carry them through the future; but he did say that there's at least a sound that the band is going for even if they fall short or sway from it from time to time, so there's potential there if they can really hone in on it.

I want the album to be successful, but I'm also realistic. It probably won't be long until everyone besides Ville (and maybe Burton since no one ever pays attention to the things he's doing and he seems to be going along just fine like that) is out of music and back to having normal lives. It's sad to have witnessed them reach the top of the mountain with HIM and now their fall from grace without Ville because they're all great musicians that deserve recognition and never got nearly enough of it throughout the years when everything was all about Ville. I don't know if having more a spotlight on them throughout their time with HIM would've really helped them all that much right now, but I can't help but wonder. I just know that in terms of sales and fan interest, Flat Earth and everything else that they're all going to do is going to be a failure from the beginning when it shouldn't be like that. If the music sucks, then it sucks, but they're all doomed from the start and I don't think that's fair.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 03:50:57 PM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »