Author Topic: Alternate HIM Band member lineup (what if)  (Read 667 times)

Offline SIRJARVIS01

Alternate HIM Band member lineup (what if)
« on: January 28, 2018, 11:22:25 PM »
I was digging through old CDs and forgotten that I had purchased a 2 disc version of the 69 eyes "back in blood" with a bonus proshot DVD of a gig recorded in Hollywood and couldn't help but remember jussi 69 and Ville are good friends. Hear me out....what if, instead of the hiatus between Gas leaving and Kosmo on board, they would've asked jussi 69 to drum instead. Do you guys think it would've made any difference in what we got?

666WTLOnVinylFTW

Re: Alternate HIM Band member lineup (what if)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 01:27:29 AM »
I don't think so, no.

I feel like they never had any real intentions on recording a new album and/or continuing on for much longer with his replacement regardless of who it was. I don't think they would've recorded another one with Gas for that matter. I think they were all, except for maybe Linde, feeling what Gas was feeling at that time.

I think if anything Gas leaving actually prolonged the life of the band. I believe they were trending towards calling it a career for a while before he left, but then he jumped the gun and caused them to change their plans. Had he stayed, the farewell tour might've come a year or two sooner, but they had to take the time to replace him and gel a bit as a band before doing so. They didn't want to leave the book unfinished, so to speak, so it was more of a necessity than anything else to replace him so they could do one last tour and go out how they wanted to go out instead of someone forcing their hand.

Offline SIRJARVIS01

Re: Alternate HIM Band member lineup (what if)
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 01:41:56 AM »
I don't know if they were "on their way out" 100 percent per se, but I feel as though if it wasnt one thing, it was another. I feel like Gas leaving did the opposite put "salt in the wound" so to speak when he left. The reason why I don't think the break up would've happened is simply due to the fact that they tried moving all their content to a new record label. I feel like after Gas left, it caused a ripple effect., and also made Ville realize that if it happened with Gas, Linde, Mige or Burton could feel the same way one day.