Author Topic: Own a piece of HIM history  (Read 1301 times)

Offline SIRJARVIS01

Own a piece of HIM history
« on: October 28, 2017, 03:44:38 PM »
https://m.facebook.com/retrosonicproaudio/

Retrosonic Pro Audio have decided to auction off some HIM owned equipment, saw the post on Facebook
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 03:48:33 PM by SIRJARVIS01 »

666WTLOnVinylFTW

Re: Own a piece of HIM history
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 04:00:10 AM »
I'm not sure how I feel about this. My first thought is it's a way for Ville to get way more than resale price from the fanbase out of stuff he doesn't want anymore and isn't even recognizable as being associated with him or the band besides the certificate it comes with. I hope he's OK financially and those aren't his intentions. I just don't see why anyone would value anything on that list above the standard used price just because Ville once used it behind the scenes
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 04:11:01 AM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 04:17:51 AM »
i wanna own a piece of HIM history, but not Villes pants that he wore while he was writing the setlist for the tour, or his socks from the Into the night music video..... I want fucking demos, unreleased tracks, outtakes, versions, old live recordings, complete HIM history is the nice catalog of everything they ever demoed, recorded, wrote and rehearsed and recorded live. I want to hear their ideas, progress while songwriting.

this seems like Ville just wanna get rid of most of the old HIM related stuff and he is re-building his home studio for electronic music stuff like he made for that stupid game. I fear we have a new Frusciante here.

just off topic - this reminds me when Gas sold his drum kit .... i got nostalgic, i miss Gas omg :(

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 06:33:20 AM »
The gear listed there seems pretty rare and expensive. Could be that he hasn't really needed that stuff in a long time. Just like Linde and Mige with pedals - buying shit, but end up not using it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 06:34:44 AM by DarkSecret666 »

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 03:09:04 PM »
i wanna own a piece of HIM history, but not Villes pants that he wore while he was writing the setlist for the tour, or his socks from the Into the night music video..... I want fucking demos, unreleased tracks, outtakes, versions, old live recordings, complete HIM history is the nice catalog of everything they ever demoed, recorded, wrote and rehearsed and recorded live. I want to hear their ideas, progress while songwriting.

this seems like Ville just wanna get rid of most of the old HIM related stuff and he is re-building his home studio for electronic music stuff like he made for that stupid game. I fear we have a new Frusciante here.

just off topic - this reminds me when Gas sold his drum kit .... i got nostalgic, i miss Gas omg :(

Thank you! Let us have access to the Archives and pick what we want if they want a last buck!
I'd take Dark Light Demos and tour recordings from 2005 to 2009 myself
maybe complete the shows that have already been released as bonus or single tracks
but, my point is let US pick

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 02:40:45 AM »

Thank you! Let us have access to the Archives and pick what we want if they want a last buck!
I'd take Dark Light Demos and tour recordings from 2005 to 2009 myself

maybe complete the shows that have already been released as bonus or single tracks
but, my point is let US pick
amen brother, amen! + 1995-1999 live recordings, videos too

Offline PTEraser

• Goodfella
  • Cafone
  • just fear for the best and hope for the worst
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2017, 08:20:33 AM »
I'm on that list that would like to have more live shows, demos, or unreleased stuff... But i'm afraid that is not going to happen. Hope i'm wrong!
2000/08/23 - 2000/12/06 - 2001/11/09 - 2003/07/18 - 2004/02/08  -2006/03/02 -2017/06/17