Author Topic: First four albums as PICTURE DISCS  (Read 3435 times)

Offline Squeezit Wafflenose

First four albums as PICTURE DISCS
« on: September 18, 2017, 03:01:48 AM »
The End records is reissuing the first four HIM albums again, this time as picture discs. They will be available in October. You can find pre-orders here:

https://www.plaidroomrecords.com/collections/pre-orders/pre-order-street-date_10-17-2017

666WTLOnVinylFTW

Re: First four albums as PICTURE DISCS
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 08:35:44 AM »
Easy pass.

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 09:13:31 AM »
What does this mean? Picture dics version?

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 11:11:30 AM »
The vinyls will have photos of the album covers on them. Such a fucking cash grab from a company that's about to go under, and is losing the HIM license at the end of 2017 anyways.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline avr

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 12:20:05 PM »
Already have the vinyl copies from The End so not really interested in this. Still waiting for the VD vinyl.
HIM shows - 24/10/04, 23/06/2006, 29/06/2007, 10/12/2007, 15/03/2010, 16/03/2010, 23/10/13, 03/08/2015 *Farewell tour shows* 14/06/17 - 15/06/17 - 02/12/17 - 14/12/17 - 16/12/17 - 30/12/17 (Thee end - RIP HIM)

Offline Paratisii

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 12:17:23 AM »
I'll save my money for tour merch  ;)

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 02:02:39 AM »
if they wanna make more cash, i say release unheard content...Demos, Alternates, or even acoustic sessions freshly recorded. I'd love acoustic Version of Vampire Heart

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 02:39:57 AM »
What does this mean? Picture dics version?

Erm... Yeah, when I wrote picture discs, I pretty much meant picture discs.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 02:59:33 AM »
unnecessary and pointless release of the same shit that has been released ages ago , re-issued years ago and now again....well HIM fans and collectors are buying anything that has heartagram or HIM on it, so its a good idea to print out some LPs with pictures on it. They are milking it while they can. Poor label, they are killing it completely. HIM became repetitive not only when it comes to the gigs and the setlists, but also with the releases..... pointless greatest hits release of XX Two decades.... what was the point of this crap? SWRMXS or what was this crap titled - what was the point? If they had a contract with the Warner for some certain number of releases, they could have fucking picked up Venus Doom and release the Vinyl of it.....

lets ask the real question - Why Daniel Lioneye cancelled the tour last year and WHY there is no replacement for the cancelled dates?? HIM is taking no effort right now, they are not practicing, DL had a nice room in August, September to make the tour to warm up before HIM Farewell tour
Do you guys understand that they are quite packed with the dates, the travelling, performing every night almost... the guys will be tired as fuck in the end of the North American tour. In December the gigs will be a lot shorter as they will be just tired, they will make standard greatest hits setlist, 90 minutes and the mic drop, hand wave and over

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 05:16:17 AM »
At this point, no store ships outside the US, so it's really easy to decide whether to buy these or not. :P

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2017, 05:48:26 AM »
Its better to release something different then just make more copies of an old album who probably running out of copies in the stores. Also there a lot of new young and older souls who are falling in love with the band every single day, so new cd's/vinyls must be made...so IMO such releases are not that bad.....

For such a small project as DL its crucial to make the tour/promote closer to the release date... so if you missed that time its better just to start working on the new stuff :P

DSC5LU

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2017, 08:03:01 PM »
Its better to release something different then just make more copies of an old album who probably running out of copies in the stores. Also there a lot of new young and older souls who are falling in love with the band every single day, so new cd's/vinyls must be made...so IMO such releases are not that bad.....

For such a small project as DL its crucial to make the tour/promote closer to the release date... so if you missed that time its better just to start working on the new stuff :P

THANK YOU! All these fucking bitter cynics drive me nuts.

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2017, 10:00:07 PM »
You two guys definitely aren't wrong in theory. At the risk of sounding like a bitter cynic, though, I just don't think releasing limited edition online event only vinyl is the best way to make those albums readily known and available to new fans.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2017, 03:26:20 AM »
Also there a lot of new young and older souls who are falling in love with the band every single day, so new cd's/vinyls must be made...so IMO such releases are not that bad.....

i know what you mean Alex and the point is right, to have albums available for potential fans, but exactly like Cory said - limited picture disc edition - Vinyl of the first 4 albums that the End Records have rights to release is not this thing. We were talking about this release, and releasing limited edition of Vinyl is not to have something available for new fans (those albums are easily available everywhere for the new fans, tho). Its simple as that The End Records they have rights to release the first four albums only (+ ToT ,obviously), they are doing it while they can.

The thing about DL and promoting album when it is released , while its hot is true. The album probably sold out necessary copies (i imagine that half of the HIM fan base bought the album just because its DL, Linde, Mige and Burton - 3/5 of HIM) so they probably didnt have to make a tour to spend money and risking weak tickets selling and half empty venues, so they probably cancelled it because of that. From the book that Kimmo wrote about DL tour after vol2 , how it costed and what Linde had to pay for, its logical.

@KuusiYksiKuusi  i am glad that i drove you nut, you need to get more critical when it comes to this band, loving everything HIM related just because its HIM related is not the reason to approve everything when we know that actually this is bad. We are fans because of different purposes i get it. Someone fell in love with the band because of the music, someone because of a handsome frontman, someone because of this album, someone else on the other album. Its natural. Me personally, i love the first 3 albums the most, i dislike Screamworks and Venus Doom quite much already, its OK. Some other fella prefers Venus Doom and Love Metal over ToT and Dark Light - should i hate him because of that? No. Should i hate all the screaming fangirls at the concerts that are killing the sound to me? Well they are worse than the pain in the ass, but no i dont hate them, they are just excited and emotional and they are taking concerts differently than i take them. Its not the reason to war. If someone has a different opinion or attitude , its not driving me nuts or anything. It does nothing to me. I dont care, its not my concern what others think. I respect that everyone has a different opinion and as far as its not personal against me, i read it, think about it, even if it doesnt collide with my opinion i just take it. If i drove myself nuts because of everything i read on the internet - i would be pissed off every second and i would hate everyone.
When the label is making the money on the same records every year, bringing NOTHING new, just picture disc .... its just milking and making money on HIM..... its the business, not the music as it should be. I am against that. I am sure Ville is not happy with that ripping off as well
They are still their label, altough the band is over. They have rights to the first 4 albums and Tears on Tape. They could ask the band for their Live materials from the 2005-2017 - the could ask for a permission to release music that has Warner rights to in the music videos to DL, VD, SW - the could compile the DVD - Love Metal archives vol. 2 - everyone would be happy, new fans, old fans, new release, something never seen before footage, backstage extras - yeah that would be something AMAZING. If there was a will - it could be reality and we could be pre-ordering great Christmas gifts for ourselves.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 03:48:59 AM by 616 »

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2017, 04:22:59 AM »
I havent said those releases are only for the new fans, but part of! Look... as a label they have to bring out to the market new copies of the albums. They have statistics and they know what is worth to the fans and what they looking for... Also if im not wrong they have rights only on the stuff they have been released! ALL unreleased tracks and demos and so on are owned by the band... If its up to them i think they would release every fucking single unreleased track because they would earn a lot of money, but as we know Ville has not the same opinion about this...

about DL - still not clear ... they sold out the album but they were are afraid of  weak selling tickets?  This is like - after the low sells of Venus Doom , to cancel the tour also...

@KuusiYksiKuusi you should be more specific while speaking like that. if not you just dont belong here... 

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2017, 05:14:52 AM »
ouf course you did not say that the new release only for the new fans, its just the new fans are completely irrelevant when it comes to this release. Actually i dont even think that HIM is gaining any new fans at all. They are done deal, they are not on the TV, not in the radio, they are just doing this for fans that they already have, its impossible that todays kids will somehow discover HIM as its not shown on TV, on the youtube in recommended or on the radio. Its just hard to imagine for me that their fan base is expanding and growing. Actually half of my old fellas and friends that have been collecting, trading abandoned HIM completely. They definitely have statistics, but they definitely think of making money only as its Christmas coming, Christmas gifts are important and the label knows that HIM fans are loyal, collectors and they will buy it no matter that they are not giving us anything new. Re-printing albums is normal if something is sold out and there is a demand they easily can print more copies, this is not the situation. This is a situation about trying to sell something different that is actually the same shit, with just printed disc, and its not even CD, its only Vinyl. Vinyls are back in deal, kinda popular, but how many of us regurally listen to the actual Vinyl ? huh?
this entire release is this:

yeah that DL thing is bothering me and you have a good point, but HIM is something different than DL. If you have a moment, take a look on translating this and reading it - http://www.saintscream.ru/index.php?newsid=350  the guys translated the entire book from Finnish to Russian, its not hard to copy it to the translator to translate it from Russian to English or any other language, Its definitely interesting reading, actually after reading this i believe that they cancelled the tour because not the low sales only, but the risk of going into minus is high, the tour is expensive, DL is not so HUGE name and the label is shit, without rich supportive sponsors and extremely huge amount of anticipated fans its a risk to travel and doing the tour. The DL tour was supposed to be in small clubs - limited tickets , limited income , it has to be split to all kind of people, Linde would get one cent of each 70 cents, its silly he should donate the tour from his own pocket and doing it, risking huge loss of own money when HIM is over.......i believe that that was a reason. But its interesting that the CD was actually great, well accepted and the tour just didnt happen. Its pretty unusual because the CD is not so money making, a lot of money from the sales is going to the label and all kind of other subjects. When any band wanna make some money, they need to tour a lot. The CD was cheap too, maybe the budget wasnt that terribly high. Still DL Vol 3 is a masterpiece

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2017, 10:50:31 PM »
Also there a lot of new young and older souls who are falling in love with the band every single day, so new cd's/vinyls must be made...so IMO such releases are not that bad.....

i know what you mean Alex and the point is right, to have albums available for potential fans, but exactly like Cory said - limited picture disc edition - Vinyl of the first 4 albums that the End Records have rights to release is not this thing. We were talking about this release, and releasing limited edition of Vinyl is not to have something available for new fans (those albums are easily available everywhere for the new fans, tho). Its simple as that The End Records they have rights to release the first four albums only (+ ToT ,obviously), they are doing it while they can.

The thing about DL and promoting album when it is released , while its hot is true. The album probably sold out necessary copies (i imagine that half of the HIM fan base bought the album just because its DL, Linde, Mige and Burton - 3/5 of HIM) so they probably didnt have to make a tour to spend money and risking weak tickets selling and half empty venues, so they probably cancelled it because of that. From the book that Kimmo wrote about DL tour after vol2 , how it costed and what Linde had to pay for, its logical.

@KuusiYksiKuusi  i am glad that i drove you nut, you need to get more critical when it comes to this band, loving everything HIM related just because its HIM related is not the reason to approve everything when we know that actually this is bad. We are fans because of different purposes i get it. Someone fell in love with the band because of the music, someone because of a handsome frontman, someone because of this album, someone else on the other album. Its natural. Me personally, i love the first 3 albums the most, i dislike Screamworks and Venus Doom quite much already, its OK. Some other fella prefers Venus Doom and Love Metal over ToT and Dark Light - should i hate him because of that? No. Should i hate all the screaming fangirls at the concerts that are killing the sound to me? Well they are worse than the pain in the ass, but no i dont hate them, they are just excited and emotional and they are taking concerts differently than i take them. Its not the reason to war. If someone has a different opinion or attitude , its not driving me nuts or anything. It does nothing to me. I dont care, its not my concern what others think. I respect that everyone has a different opinion and as far as its not personal against me, i read it, think about it, even if it doesnt collide with my opinion i just take it. If i drove myself nuts because of everything i read on the internet - i would be pissed off every second and i would hate everyone.
When the label is making the money on the same records every year, bringing NOTHING new, just picture disc .... its just milking and making money on HIM..... its the business, not the music as it should be. I am against that. I am sure Ville is not happy with that ripping off as well
They are still their label, altough the band is over. They have rights to the first 4 albums and Tears on Tape. They could ask the band for their Live materials from the 2005-2017 - the could ask for a permission to release music that has Warner rights to in the music videos to DL, VD, SW - the could compile the DVD - Love Metal archives vol. 2 - everyone would be happy, new fans, old fans, new release, something never seen before footage, backstage extras - yeah that would be something AMAZING. If there was a will - it could be reality and we could be pre-ordering great Christmas gifts for ourselves.

I believe there are plenty of other ways the label can make a cash grab without spitting in fans' faces. We all know a new DVD would be something great. Hell, a 4k release would be awesome! or just some new live audio stuff from the farewell tour, i'm sure it'd be the better option financially for the band since they already record most of their stuff. I'd even love some new acoustic sessions or Live studio sessions like the finnvox dvd from tot.  in a perfect world I'd want a Blu ray Love metal archives  Vol 1-2 Box set. It'd be awesome to see some of the old shows polished up. Especially Berlin 2000. Also would love to hear the old shows with newly mixed audio from the soundboard. 

DSC5LU

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 10:17:21 PM »
@KuusiYksiKuusi you should be more specific while speaking like that. if not you just dont belong here...

I don't belong here? That's funny, because I was thinking the same thing about a lot of the dumbfucks on this message board. You guys constantly bitch bitch bitch and complain complain complain like you're entitled to something. FUCK YOU! This band doesn't owe you shit.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2017, 03:02:18 AM »

I don't belong here? That's funny, because I was thinking the same thing about a lot of the dumbfucks on this message board. You guys constantly bitch bitch bitch and complain complain complain like you're entitled to something. FUCK YOU! This band doesn't owe you shit.
excuse me, but what exactly are YOU entitled to when you act like this? because you just attacked people there for no reason. No one offended you, no one attacked you. Yet, you just attacked everyone because they have their own opinion and you dislike it. Everyone can take this personally, even though we know that you meant me. If you dont have guts to write: fuck you @616, you dumbfuck, then dont write anything. Now you look like a pathetic fool, was it worth it?
 I dislike all kinds of opinions and people, even there, yet i dont act like an idiot and i dont call anyone names, etc..... If you cant control yourself and you have a need for attacking the people because you feel manly or what behind the keyboard, seek for help. Next time i will ban you. For your own good. In real life if you will do this at the bar, workplace, public, wherever, you can get yourself sued by someone, you can get yourself some broken teeth, black eye and broken nose. I always took you as a cool fella on this forum, seriously i thought you were cool and great guy, but now i look at your post and i really imagine that you are just a douche. Congratz

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2017, 04:09:11 AM »
Going back to the matter at hand: has anyone ordered those picture discs? Is anyone gonna?

Offline avr

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2017, 08:03:29 AM »
No :/ I have to save for the tour.
HIM shows - 24/10/04, 23/06/2006, 29/06/2007, 10/12/2007, 15/03/2010, 16/03/2010, 23/10/13, 03/08/2015 *Farewell tour shows* 14/06/17 - 15/06/17 - 02/12/17 - 14/12/17 - 16/12/17 - 30/12/17 (Thee end - RIP HIM)