Author Topic: what is your favorite HIM Concert?  (Read 1475 times)

Offline SIRJARVIS01

what is your favorite HIM Concert?
« on: August 20, 2017, 02:18:48 AM »
I've seen many bootlegs and amateur recordings and there were many times these guys blew the roof with their sound, setlist, vibes, or memorable moments! However, one that has always been memorable was the show at arena berlin in 2000. that show literally had everything one could want in a show from these guys!
do any of you guys have a favorite show or bootleg?

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
Re: what is your favorite HIM Concert?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 03:09:33 AM »
its impossible to tell, no one saw or heard all their concerts. If you asked me what was my favorite HIM gig i attended , i would say Bratislava 2005 because it was my first HIM gig and it was exciting and setlist contained Razorblade Kiss and Poison Heart, if you asked what gig was best , not my favorite from all i attended i would say Bratislava 2015 because the band was really on fire, they played and sounded so good, everyone in great mood, they appriciated the fans reactions and the entire gig was very very good i can tell everytime i watch it. If you asked me what is my favorite bootleg i would say my favorite is probably Frankfurt 1998 or Rock Im Park 2001 or Taubertal 2003 or any 2002 or any 2004 with And Love Said No and Resurrection and Beyond Redemption in the setlist .... see? its impossible to tell ;D Not only because of that but because not everyone has the same bootlegs as me and i dont have the same bootlegs as others , there is so many recordings in the hands of the tapers that they never shared. And considering bootlegs - its always impossible because you will not only look on the setlist, but also the quality of the recording, the overall performance quality, sound, mistakes...... Some bootlegs are so shitty when it comes to the quality of audio, but absolutely splendid performance and some are great soundboard audio, good video proshot but the performance sucked.....
Some gig has absolutely great version of certain song, but other are just normal so its hard. But my most memorable and most prefered lives are songs from certain gigs - one of the greatest performances i have heard ever from them is in my opinion Pretending from Madrid 2001, Beyond Redemption from Semifinal 2003, Right Here In My Arms from Taubertal 2003, Your Sweet 666 from Milan 2005, Resurrection from Tuska 2017 became my favorite Resurrection live version. Death Is In Love With Us from Hultsfred 2004. The Funeral Of Hearts from Hammerstein Ballroom 2005!!! with that intro jam! Oh boy! And one of my most times viewed live is definitely Its All Tears from Overdrive 1998 - this entire Viva Overdrive 1998 is probably one of the top 5 HIM performances in my collection. Seriously its impossible to tell. I wish they released Frankfurt 1998 soundboard audio as it was so close to the Overdrive performance and the setlist was superb too. Performance on Frankfurt 98 is 10/10 too.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 03:33:58 AM by 616 »

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 04:20:43 AM »
that FoH Intro from the Hammerstein Ballroom was really awesome I gotta say I wished that specific gig was released lol! JUST SOLEY FOR THAT INTRO
its impossible to tell, no one saw or heard all their concerts. If you asked me what was my favorite HIM gig i attended , i would say Bratislava 2005 because it was my first HIM gig and it was exciting and setlist contained Razorblade Kiss and Poison Heart, if you asked what gig was best , not my favorite from all i attended i would say Bratislava 2015 because the band was really on fire, they played and sounded so good, everyone in great mood, they appriciated the fans reactions and the entire gig was very very good i can tell everytime i watch it. If you asked me what is my favorite bootleg i would say my favorite is probably Frankfurt 1998 or Rock Im Park 2001 or Taubertal 2003 or any 2002 or any 2004 with And Love Said No and Resurrection and Beyond Redemption in the setlist .... see? its impossible to tell ;D Not only because of that but because not everyone has the same bootlegs as me and i dont have the same bootlegs as others , there is so many recordings in the hands of the tapers that they never shared. And considering bootlegs - its always impossible because you will not only look on the setlist, but also the quality of the recording, the overall performance quality, sound, mistakes...... Some bootlegs are so shitty when it comes to the quality of audio, but absolutely splendid performance and some are great soundboard audio, good video proshot but the performance sucked.....
Some gig has absolutely great version of certain song, but other are just normal so its hard. But my most memorable and most prefered lives are songs from certain gigs - one of the greatest performances i have heard ever from them is in my opinion Pretending from Madrid 2001, Beyond Redemption from Semifinal 2003, Right Here In My Arms from Taubertal 2003, Your Sweet 666 from Milan 2005, Resurrection from Tuska 2017 became my favorite Resurrection live version. Death Is In Love With Us from Hultsfred 2004. The Funeral Of Hearts from Hammerstein Ballroom 2005!!! with that intro jam! Oh boy! And one of my most times viewed live is definitely Its All Tears from Overdrive 1998 - this entire Viva Overdrive 1998 is probably one of the top 5 HIM performances in my collection. Seriously its impossible to tell. I wish they released Frankfurt 1998 soundboard audio as it was so close to the Overdrive performance and the setlist was superb too. Performance on Frankfurt 98 is 10/10 too.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 08:31:57 AM »
yeah man!
actually the intro is so great that i really do remember only that and listen to this particular song only because of the intro. I have no clue how the rest of the FoH is  ;D (sadly), really as i dont think about it while listening, but the intro is just amazing.  If they made the FoH on the album with this intro, it would have been the greatest thing ever. They should get noticed about it and its still time for them to practice that intro for the Funeral of Hearts for the rest of the Farewell tour hahah  ;) 
These little things, like this intro are making every gig even with the same setlist special and worth it.
Bad bud funny and great example too - Love the hardest way from Boston 2010 (not sure if Boston) - when Ville forgets the first verse line and he said that i forgot the lyrics again and laughs and then he was supposed to sing another line (to the sound of a ....) and he forgets that too so he starts with pre chorus  "for what is worth..." its hilarious he made it funny and epic really. If they were taping this gig for a DVD it would be fucking perfect to include it as it happened with it. It would not ruin the song at all. 
uhm,...I will miss this band terribly  :'(

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 04:26:18 AM »

rock im park was amazing it literally had everything! I also though rock am ring a few days apart was great!

DSC5LU

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 05:00:47 PM »
My favourite show I've seen video of is the classic Rock am Ring '01. My favourite show I've seen live was Seattle 2010. Ville's scream at the end of "Disarm Me" was so fucking amazing! His voice was never better than that tour.

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 12:02:22 AM »
My favourite show I've seen video of is the classic Rock am Ring '01. My favourite show I've seen live was Seattle 2010. Ville's scream at the end of "Disarm Me" was so fucking amazing! His voice was never better than that tour.

the first time i saw them live was on that tour

Offline avr

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 01:30:36 PM »
Glasgow 23/04/06 - Ville was steaming but that was the night I knew HIM would be my favourite band for life. Set list was great and the crowd was great too.
HIM shows - 24/10/04, 23/06/2006, 29/06/2007, 10/12/2007, 15/03/2010, 16/03/2010, 23/10/13, 03/08/2015 *Farewell tour shows* 14/06/17 - 15/06/17 - 02/12/17 - 14/12/17 - 16/12/17 - 30/12/17 (Thee end - RIP HIM)