Author Topic: Ville Valo solo album in 2018 ?  (Read 12546 times)

Offline Vesku_FIN

Ville Valo solo album in 2018 ?
« on: July 02, 2017, 09:47:40 AM »
Hi,

in interview with Helsingin Sanomat, Ville said that after the farewell tour he will start working on the songs that were supposed to be on the next HIM album. They will be released as his solo album. Hopefully, it won't take him too long to get it released :-). He also said that he knows a lot of great musicians, so tour is not out of the question.

Offline vampireheart616

Re: Ville Valo solo album in 2018 ?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 09:58:52 AM »
Is there a link or video to this?
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline Vesku_FIN

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 11:05:05 AM »
Google translate:

The light then makes a disc of the songs that would become the next album of HIM. The tracks are just acoustic demos. Light has ideas about what the disc should sound like.

"I think it sounds loud. Noise and distortion, but not necessarily terribly metallic. Indie. It's not like that when a rocker makes a solo album, it's something folk bastard. "

"I would like to make a straightforward version of my own songs. Play everything by myself to a certain point and ask for help if I need it. If you tour, then look at what configuration. I know a lot of musicians. "

:-)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 11:08:00 AM by Vesku_FIN »

Offline Inferno

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 12:05:18 PM »
I thought about this the other night when watching his Rambo Rimbaud show... There are a lot of people out there that know how to play different instruments that make music on their own so I could see him doing something like that.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Vesku_FIN

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 12:12:39 PM »
More Google translate:

What happened?

"We just went to the rehearsal room after a long break, started playing and nobody was terribly interested," Valo answers the question of quitting and laughs.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 12:13:25 PM »
i always imagined Ville solo as ONLY him on stage with acoustic guitar, no one else, no other musicians. Now imagine Ville playing his songs (all HIM songs are his songs LOL - he is HIM) and playing it with different musicians. Those musicians are like support band, you see them, hear them but you are not there because of them. ANd without Mige and Linde and Burton its weird. I mean OK those 3 are Daniel Lioneye. But still regarding DL - tour cancelled, no substitute for the tour, nothing. Its weird , Linde released DL album, did few gigs and thats it , no promotion, no support tour for the album, nothing. I guess the album costed him much more than he got in return on sales as there is a label that takes majority of income from sales and the rest he must split to the band.
HIM went bad way or how Ville called it, but still he had ideas for HIM songs - now he will release them as his own solo album. It makes weird sense, he says that doing 26 years the same thing over and over, he will do it over and over under just different name - his own.  I still believed that they will form some band together. Now that fucking sentence "I know a lot of musicians" killed my expectation for the future. OK i like Ville, but my favorite was Mige all the time , and Linde proved that Daniel Lioneye is a very good project and 100% band, at least if DL continued more actively, tours and stuff. Material from 3 DL albums is more than solid in my opinion. Vol 3 was one of the best "HIM" albums .....
Now i wonder if Ville will be Rambo Rimbaud or normal Ville Valo.....
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 12:16:26 PM by 616 »

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 12:26:17 PM »
what i cant understand is why they cant just head in another direction as a whole band. those 5 are geneiuses, not just Ville

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2017, 12:30:32 PM »
Vesku would you mind posting the whole article in Finnish to me? :)

Offline Vesku_FIN

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2017, 01:01:31 PM »
Vesku would you mind posting the whole article in Finnish to me? :)

I PMed it. Hopefully it is not too messy.

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2017, 01:26:30 PM »
They could have played rare songs and even daniel lioneye songs if they felt no one was that interested of course when you play wicked game, join me and all the other usuals it's not as exciting after going back from a long break 
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline avr

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2017, 02:10:52 PM »
I'd happily welcome a solo album from Ville - I know they announced the split a while ago but it's really starting to feel more real sadly. It's like *yes they're back out touring nothing's changed* but everything has. If they are not interested in creating music together anymore then what's the point faking it.  I like Daniel Lioneyes first album, VOL 2 & 3 are too dark and heavy for my liking but I'll still support the guys on their future projects. They played to a crowd of over 14,000 last night, I find it sad how they can give up on that. The HIM fan base is greatest on earth.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 03:28:48 PM by avr »
HIM shows - 24/10/04, 23/06/2006, 29/06/2007, 10/12/2007, 15/03/2010, 16/03/2010, 23/10/13, 03/08/2015 *Farewell tour shows* 14/06/17 - 15/06/17 - 02/12/17 - 14/12/17 - 16/12/17 - 30/12/17 (Thee end - RIP HIM)

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2017, 09:15:18 PM »
More Google translate:

What happened?

"We just went to the rehearsal room after a long break, started playing and nobody was terribly interested," Valo answers the question of quitting and laughs.

I'm glad Ville finally admits what we all could already tell.

That solo album sounds great if it's going to be more or less a HIM album except with Ville doing everything on his own the way he sees fit. Rambo Rimbaud wasn't my thing. The performance almost put me to sleep, but this sounds like it could be pretty good. I couldn't imagine Ville writing anything that wasn't a proper HIM song anyway, so it just makes sense to sort of carry on by himself in the HIM spirit if he still wants to make music. He has to be 100% into it and dedicated, though. I guess we'll see what happens.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 10:27:12 PM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2017, 02:13:23 AM »
I'd happily welcome a solo album from Ville - I know they announced the split a while ago but it's really starting to feel more real sadly. It's like *yes they're back out touring nothing's changed* but everything has. If they are not interested in creating music together anymore then what's the point faking it.  I like Daniel Lioneyes first album, VOL 2 & 3 are too dark and heavy for my liking but I'll still support the guys on their future projects. They played to a crowd of over 14,000 last night, I find it sad how they can give up on that. The HIM fan base is greatest on earth.

@avr - please check this sometimes :-D http://thesacrament.net/forum/index.php?action=pm 

look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz5zlgRil4o
A short translastion: the first question is quite confusing, who would you fuck just because of their status? Ville gets a bit mixed up and his answer is our ex-president Martti Ahtisaari haha :D

Are you feeling sad because you know it will end? No, I would be more sad if I knew it's NOT gonna end. And on the final tour every show is like a celebration of the past quarter of a century.

Was the decision hard to make? Yes of course. We started trying out some new stuff, but it just didn't work out. It has happened before, but now it felt like we don't have anything new to give. It was fun to play the old stuff and everyone got along really well, but there was no spark.

Is it possible that HIM will return someday? Yes of course it's possible, because we don't have any messy drama between us. But not for a while, maybe if I fuck up my solo career I start calling the guys again?

can anyone translate it from Finnish properly? :D @Vesku_FIN @DarkSecret666
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 02:22:10 AM by 616 »

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2017, 08:15:38 AM »
I kinda suck at translating, but all the important parts about HIM and Ville are written in the text already :)

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2017, 08:48:13 AM »
So, Villes gonna do the next HIM album himself basically, and then get a touring band. Aight.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline HelldoneFestival13

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2017, 09:34:22 AM »
Bought yesterday some copies of the Finnish newspaper with the interview :)

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2017, 12:40:17 PM »
I bet Mige and Kosmo will be part of the new project  ;)

is there more news in this interview?
https://www.mtv.fi/viihde/musiikki/artikkeli/ville-valo-syva-toiveeni-on-etta-himin-viimeinen-savel-kuullaan-tavastian-lavalta/6491214
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 01:06:13 PM by Alex »

Offline Squeezit Wafflenose

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2017, 07:07:18 AM »
They could have played rare songs and even daniel lioneye songs if they felt no one was that interested of course when you play wicked game, join me and all the other usuals it's not as exciting after going back from a long break

I suppose what he meant was that no one was really interested in rehearsing and recording the new songs. To me it's also kind of obvious with Tears on Tape - the album is so uninspired it hurts. If they were going to make another one like that, it's actually better they called it quits.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 10:32:42 AM by Squeezit Wafflenose »

DSC5LU

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2017, 05:43:00 PM »

I suppose what he meant was that no one was really interested in rehearsing and recording the new songs. To me it's also kind of obvious with Tears on Tape - the album is so uninspired it hurts. If they were going to make another one like that, it's actually better they called it quits.

It's funny that you say that because, aside from being a bit short, I felt like 'Tears On Tape' was a complete return to what they were doing before 'Screamworks' (which was probably their greatest album, but near universally panned by fans on messageboards such as this).

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2017, 12:06:31 AM »

SW wasnt a bad album per se. the composition was GREAT it was the production and Mixing that completely fucked up everything.

It's funny that you say that because, aside from being a bit short, I felt like 'Tears On Tape' was a complete return to what they were doing before 'Screamworks' (which was probably their greatest album, but near universally panned by fans on messageboards such as this).

Offline Squeezit Wafflenose

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2017, 02:17:13 AM »
It's just an opinion of mine. I love Screamworks, but Tears on Tape sounds so bland to me. It's full of recycled ideas, including the video for Into the Night, which is like The Funeral of Hearts, part 2.

Offline SilverLiningBE

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2017, 08:27:35 AM »
It's just an opinion of mine. I love Screamworks, but Tears on Tape sounds so bland to me. It's full of recycled ideas, including the video for Into the Night, which is like The Funeral of Hearts, part 2.

It is not only your opinion ;)

To me, ToT is soulless.  This is their only album that never appealed to me.  No matter how many times I listen to it, it hasn't grown in me at all. So I stopped to give it a try...
"Hurting Linde is like hurting Bambi, you just can't do it..." - Ville Valo

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2017, 09:22:31 PM »
I wouldn't call it completely soulless but you have a point the fact that it took them a few years to compose this or album and they only gave us 9 Songs is completely ridiculous they should have at least given us some unreleased demos

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2017, 02:26:44 AM »
well i have a feeling that if there is gonna be Ville Valo solo album or some newly formed band by Ville the album will sound more likely like ToT :)

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2017, 02:30:56 AM »
well i have a feeling that if there is gonna be Ville Valo solo album or some newly formed band by Ville the album will sound more likely like ToT :)

no one can replace those guitar solos by Linde!