Author Topic: 2015 Remaster albums...  (Read 2829 times)

Offline Steel

2015 Remaster albums...
« on: February 13, 2015, 09:47:49 AM »
Hi. I just wanted to inquire if anyone has listened to DSBH or any of the other expanded reissues, are the newly released versions any good? Also, are these standard jewel case releases, digipacks or other? Thanks for the info. Haven't seen em in stores around here yet and... tough times,  I can't afford em right now. Thanks for the info. This can be locked once my question is answered.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 09:49:11 AM by Steel »

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
Re: 2015 Remaster albums...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 04:55:34 PM »
They sound good. They are standard 2 cd jewelcases with a cardboard slipcover, nothing terribly special.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 10:13:37 AM »
I thought they were terribly compressed. Stick with the (terribly compressed) originals.

Edit: The Razorblade Romance vinyl remaster is an improvement on the original CD.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 10:14:53 AM by robertzombie »

Offline Steel

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 11:06:31 AM »
Thanks. I was hoping they were standard cases, had feared crappy packaging. Cool. I'll get em when I can. Thanks for the info guys

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 11:55:57 AM »
I like the the Love Metal tracks. Everything is hearable and the sound is just awesome. The mp3s do always sound like bullshit compared even to the CD versions. I haven't heard the vinyl versions yet. Is the vinyl quality much more higher than the CD's ?
Edit: The RR remaster is really good even Ville said the master tracks were destroyed in a fire.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 02:09:34 PM by DarkSecret666 »

Offline Inferno

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 10:25:02 PM »
I like the the Love Metal tracks. Everything is hearable and the sound is just awesome. The mp3s do always sound like bullshit compared even to the CD versions. I haven't heard the vinyl versions yet. Is the vinyl quality much more higher than the CD's ?
Edit: The RR remaster is really good even Ville said the master tracks were destroyed in a fire.

Vinyl > CD. Only thing that CD is 'capable' of beating Vinyl in is Dynamic Range, but due to everyone making things loud these days it's nonexistent.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 01:12:58 AM »
i would say that the only thing that CD is capable of beating Vinyl is that CD is easily able to be played in the car, Vinyl is not

Offline Inferno

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 01:09:03 AM »
i would say that the only thing that CD is capable of beating Vinyl is that CD is easily able to be played in the car, Vinyl is not
Thought we were talking quality, not usability :P
Just buy the LP and record it then play it in your car lol... It's only that initial step that is a pain in the ass.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline HeartagramHorror

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 10:28:17 AM »
I think the remasters are great, the vinyls moreso than the CDs. The CDs aren't just jewel cases in the cardboard sleeves though... It's crushed velvet! (similar to The Funeral of Hearts vinyl packaging)
All I ever wanted, was you my love.

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2017, 01:05:35 PM »
A quick note to say that I just took delivery of the Deep Shadows 2LP and it appears to be a European repressing by GZ Vinyl. This is (surprisingly) good news as whichever plant pressed the USA LPs had poor quality control. The GZ pressed Deep Shadows plays clean, flat, and quiet. I also have Greatest Lovesongs and Razorblade Romance on vinyl (both USA 1LP variants) and this pressing trumps them in terms of QC and sound.