Author Topic: Clothing brands stealing Heartagram logo  (Read 2374 times)

Offline six6sixways2love

Clothing brands stealing Heartagram logo
« on: June 12, 2017, 06:29:34 PM »
My gf just point this out to me while clothes shopping. If anyone has contacts with the band's management, I'm sure they wouldn't mind issuing a Cease & Desist order since I'm pretty sure the heartagram is copyright

http://us.asos.com/the-ragged-priest/the-ragged-priest-sweat-dress-with-frill-sleeves/prd/7620698

"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Offline SIRJARVIS01

Re: Clothing brands stealing Heartagram logo
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 06:41:12 PM »
Are they even calling it the Heartagram? Or just ignoring the fact that has a name and slapping it on clothes?

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 07:07:43 PM »
They're definitely just using the design. By not calling it a heartagram, they are hoping it flies under the radar. Hence stealing. If they called it 'something something Heartagram' they would have to get permission.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 07:51:36 PM »
Go to 9:52...

~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 08:09:27 PM »
So what Ville is saying there is if you ask the band for permission and they grant you the rights to use the logo, they don't charge you a licensing fee.  So Bam asked if he could use it and they said "Sure, go crazy. Do w.e. you want."   However, if you don't receive permission and you are selling goods with the logo, that would be copyright infringement.

Example: If Lego wants to make a Star Wars Lego set. Lego has to seek approval from the rights holder i.e. Disney. If Disney says yes, Lego produces the toy and Lego receives all profits directly from sales. The way Disney makes money from this deal, is they charge Lego a licensing fee of some kind. Usually it involves a sum of money up front and then possibly residuals from sales.

So, I still stand by OP that I'm 99% sure this clothing brand, Ragged Priest, did not seek permission. It's sadly fairly common practice for fashion industries to blatantly rip off designs without seeking permission and therefore saving a ton of money in licensing fees.

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 08:52:25 PM »
it raises eyebrows because they didn't use the name of the logo....

Offline Jay

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 07:07:07 PM »
You could always tweet them.