Author Topic: Street Team Stuff  (Read 19084 times)

Offline 6_6_6

• Made Man
  • Dance Fucker Dance
    • my poor HIM collection
Re: Street Team Meeting in Texas
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2005, 04:57:47 PM »
When i emailed Jim (gatekeper666) he told me some people would be reciving promo shit in the UK. I only know of one perosn now.
I think im just gonna keep nagging them because it is really bang out how it seems all the promotion is going on in the states. I mean i know they are trying to break the states and shit but they need to promote in Europe still.
I mean even himonline is offline. We dont even have an offical site now that heartagram has become the US site more or less.

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2005, 05:06:34 PM »
Yea, I signed up for the 'Share the Light' Crusade within an hour of it being put up. But I didn't receive anything. But I'm not going to complain because I've been really lucky with the Dallas St Team happenings going on.

Offline 6_6_6

• Made Man
  • Dance Fucker Dance
    • my poor HIM collection
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2005, 05:14:34 PM »
I just think for most of the UK fans. We've been more or less forgotten about with this album. I hope this isn't going to be the case throughout the future. I mean dont get me wrong I want HIM to do well and be as big as they are capable of being but they shouldn't forget they're fans who got them where they are today. (Europeans)
Okay fair enough i understand they have to put all the effort they can to into breaking america but there is nothing wrong and it isn't difficult to get a few people to be sending out fliers and making gatherings in the UK as well. Infact there are pleanty of fans that would jump at the chance of doing that.

Offline Jambo

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2005, 05:19:11 PM »
Ive emailed him about it. Just stating that ive done so much to promote this album and would like some promo material to show off.

Offline Scully2828

• Picciotto
  • i am jacks smirking revenge
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2005, 08:57:47 PM »
yea i met some girl that worked at the undead booth (at warped tour) and she said somthing like we didnt have the promo shit out cuz we just came from out of the usa or somthing so she gave me her e mail and i gave her my adress and she said she would send me shit but she never did

i emailed her yet again and i also emailed the gate keeper again asking him if he could since he was the one that said that it would be there

how much can you know about yourself if youve never been in a fight

Offline Greg

• racecar is racecar backwards
  • Mobbed Up
  • The first cut is the deepest
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2005, 09:04:12 PM »
yo man i completely agree, we spend our own time and our own money promoting HIM. Dont get me wrong, i do enjoy it and never did expect to get anything out of it, but the leased they could do is reply 2 emails or send us some posters. It saves them job

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2005, 12:33:19 AM »
Did anyone else notice that this meeting is taking place at a RECORDING STUDIO! Haha, I'm definatly taking my camcorder and a blank tape and recording what they will let me.

Loves_Blade

« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2005, 12:35:31 AM »
I'm confused - why are we begging for this stuff when it's the record company that benefits from our promotion, not us......? I think it's totally strange and also a very incorrect way to approach the situation.

We are here to help. We are willing to donate our time and money to promote a band that we love.....and we are having to beg to be a part of it?

Personally, I think it sucks.

Totally in agreement.

Dallas Darling 777

« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2005, 01:02:10 AM »
Remember, darlings, there are many of you, and only one label. If you email me, you will get whatever you need to promote for HIM. Do be reasonable, though.  I can only send you what we have.  If you are coming to the meeting you will be very satisfied. See you all there.

dallasfmr@hotmail.com

Offline ForAllTid

« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2005, 01:12:51 AM »
cant their be a meeting in SF  :'(

HIM has not only forgot about the UK they forgot about SF.
bastards  :P

Loves_Blade

« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2005, 01:13:27 AM »
Who cares about the UK, they had their fun. :)

Offline ForAllTid

« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2005, 01:24:42 AM »
yeah those dicks. >:(

:D

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2005, 03:19:23 AM »
Well, the meeting went really well. REALLY well. We got to hear the entire album, and we got some new promo posters to put up!
The album sounds amazing. I was truly impressed. And yeah there are alot of outros like they've said, and they are very well done. The ending to Nightside of Eden is awesome. Ville does something that I don't think I've ever heard him do!

Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline vtioldlde

• Associate
  • its been some time
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2005, 03:45:08 AM »
thats sweet , did you get to see the cover and face of god ,is it as good as i hope it to be

The Laundry Boyz 4 lyfe!
R.I.P John Scully

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2005, 03:54:01 AM »
No, we didn't get to see the cover. She had only a promo copy with a white card that had the track names on it.
And yes, Face of God is really good. The only song that let me down was Play Dead, and even then, it was surprisingly better than I thought it would be (after hearing the 30 sec clip).
My favorite songs would be Vampire Heart, Under the Rose, Behind the Crimson Door, Drunk on Shadows and Nightside of Eden. But really, that's just narrowing it down. I really liked all of the songs a lot. Not one track stood out as "skippable", and I could see how the band thinks there may be 6 possible singles. WOAB is not a good example of the album as a whole however. It's much more Love Metalish. Those 30 second clips just don't do it justice.

Offline Amourder

« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2005, 05:00:07 AM »
Thanks a lot for the quick album review. Sounds like it's exactly what I was hoping it to be...

BTW: Play Dead is the only ballad on the album, isn't it?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 05:04:05 AM by Amourder »

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2005, 06:08:44 AM »
did you get to hear the 2 bonus tracks?

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2005, 11:33:17 AM »
No, only the regular 10.

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2005, 02:59:09 PM »
Jet Black's FULL Overview of the Street Team Meeting:

First, my girlfriend and I got into Dallas (as we had to drive from Huntsville), grabbed something to eat and headed over to Maximedia Recording Studios. We got there at 6 o'clock, the first ones there, even before DD777. But she showed up right after us and started unloading boxes of stuff. We went and sat by the front door as instructed, and some more HIM fans showed up that I knew. We started talking and I pulled out my laptop and HIM notebook and everyone was looking at it. More and more people started showing up, including a lady from Finland (the lady in the pictures with blond, curly hair). Daedalus showed up too and we talked some. I talked to a bunch of HIM fans that I'd be talking to online lately.

Finally DD777 came out and brought us all into the building. We were in the main lobby area with couches, a pool table, amps, guitars, all kinds of stuff.

She explained a little bit, including who she was. But she was still very secretive.

Then she took us farther into the building where we were instructed to leave all of our stuff. No backpacks, bags, cameras, nothing.

Then she took us into the recording/mixing booth. The board was in front with a projection screen showing a large Heartagram. The back of the room was lined with cushy chairs and couches, that was where we were to sit. In the middle of the room was a large table with hundreds of candles, incense, promo materials, and licorice candy and jelly beans all over the place. We were told not to touch the promo stuff…yet, but to eat all the candy we wanted. This was all a treat for us. We should relax and just enjoy ourselves. Then she told us we were among the first to hear this all the way through, and played Dark Light!

The album starts out with 'Vampire Heart,' right into it with no intro. It was familiar as I had heard it at the previous St Team Meeting, yet totally different with a very good sound system. You could even hear what sounded like Migé in the background. As the songs progressed I loved this album more and more. 'Under the Rose' IS one of the hardest tracks HIM has done so far. And they did go crazy on the outros with awesome instrumentals for a full minute or so after the song was over. They were great. Every track on there I love! It is soo awesome, no HIM fan will be disappointed. Over the hour, people were chatting and such and when the very end of the album kicked in, the end of 'Nightside of Eden,' EVERYONE in the room was dead silent for a few minutes. That is the best ending I've ever heard on any album. I love it sooo much.

After the album was over, DD777 let us go get our stuff, so I grabbed my camera and resumed filming.

She proceeded to tell us to grab what we wanted of the promo material, but make sure everyone got a fair amount.

The whole time the album was playing, she would film us and take pictures of us, and when it was over she pulled the camera back out and said something along the lines of 'Tell the camera what you thought of Dark Light. The Gatekeeper and maybe even the band themselves may hear this.' So everyone proceeded to tell what they loved and commend HIM on a job well done.

We then got a short tour of the studio, just for fun, and everyone left.

Here is the cover of the promo copy of Dark Light that DD777 has. I don't know if it came in a jewelcase or sleeve or anything, she carries it around in a paper sleeve that looks like came with a Kodak photo disc or something: (Also, this is the same one she had at the last St Team Meeting, the tracks we were allowed to choose from to listen are circled, if you remember me talking about that)

Here is all the promo stuff we received:

So, that is my story.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 03:52:09 PM by Mr. Diamond »

Offline Amourder

« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2005, 07:00:30 PM »
Great review! Thanks a lot!

Can't wait for the album to be released after that!

Quote: "'Under the Rose' IS one of the hardest tracks HIM has done so far."

Is it harder than Buried Alive By Love?

\,,/
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 07:10:42 PM by Amourder »

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2005, 07:20:34 PM »
Great review! Thanks a lot!

Can't wait for the album to be released after that!

Quote: "'Under the Rose' IS one of the hardest tracks HIM has done so far."

Is it harder than Buried Alive By Love?

\,,/

As I said in a PM to HRebelIYellM, I'm not sure if 'Under the Rose' is the hardest HIM track, but it's pretty hard. A lot more so than the 30-sec clip would lead you to believe. Especially the outro.

Offline Venus In Our Blood

• Dressed In Decay
  • Mobbed Up
« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2005, 09:20:04 PM »
Sorry if this has already been answered...but I haven't been following this thread bvery carefully.  Is there a way to get any of the promotional stuff if you don't go to the meetings?  Like through the mail or anything like that...?

Offline vtioldlde

• Associate
  • its been some time
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2005, 09:34:45 PM »
 try contacting Dallas Darling 777,the Gatekeeper or Darling666 and ask them

thanks mr.Diamond

The Laundry Boyz 4 lyfe!
R.I.P John Scully

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2005, 10:01:30 PM »
The Gatekeeper = Gatekeeper666@gmail.com

Darling666 = Darling666@gmail.com

Dallas Darling 777 =I only know her personal e-mail address (I think) and I don't want to give that out. Just message her at www.myspace.com/dallasfmr

chad

« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2005, 11:04:17 AM »
Well you did hear the album, but on that paper it said it was the Nearly There Version 7/14.  So that probably means it wasn't the completely finished version.