Author Topic: Street Team Stuff  (Read 19075 times)

twinkleblackstar

Street Team Stuff
« on: August 01, 2005, 03:10:01 PM »
Someone in the state of Texas really should go to this meeting.........................it's a Warner Brothers' Street Team meeting.........................and whoever goes needs to pick me up something.   ;)

Jay?  ???

*****HIM MEETING COMING SOON******

DETAILS SOON. RESERVE A LUNCH SOMETIME IN THE NEXT WEEK AND A HALF

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Meeting info:
Next Tuesday, August 9th. at Dunn Bros Coffee on the NE corner of Marsh ln. and Beltline road in Addison. Their info is: 3725 Beltline Road, Addison, TX 75001 Phone: (972) 406-9711. We will meet at 2pm sharp. I wil lhave your missions and material for you. If you have any other darlings who would do anything for HIM like yourself, bring them along. The more the merrier! See you there. If you have any questions, send me a message.

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 11:40:48 AM by twinkleblackstar »

Offline JetBlack944

Re: Street Team Meeting in Texas
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 04:03:26 PM »
I usually live in Dallas, but am at college in Huntsville right now. I may just travel up there and check it out though. But before a 3 hour trip up there, I want to talk to them first. Does anyone have this person's e-mail? I've been trying to find it.

(Hey Jay, if you decide to go, maybe you can send us over a message and we can road trip up there, if you're still in College Station that is, I wasn't quite clear on that.)

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 05:01:36 PM »
The Gatekeeper said it was a girl, and I don't see any e-mail addresses there.

Offline Jay

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 02:26:49 AM »
Man, I'm sad.  I can't make the 2pm meeting.  I'll be in Austin all week again for more work related crap.  Would somebody pick me up some material?  I'd be glad to help, I just can't make it this time.

Also, yes, I still live in CS.  I really want to be in Austin, but my new job is here in town...I'll just have to wait a few months before I request a transfer.

So yes, if anybody goes, please get me some stuff if you can.  I'll love you forever and make it worth your time.*

*Sexual favors in extreme cases only

Offline tayzip

• Mobbed Up
  • just tell em large marge sent ya
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 03:24:36 AM »
i only live 40 minutes from  addison. my pops works there, shiz im only 14 so i might not be able to get a ride down there. ill try my best to go im not making promises. this would be nice to go to.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 03:28:16 AM by tayzip »

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 10:47:10 AM »
I'M GOING!!! Yay! I'm driving the 3 hours from Huntsville to go up there. (Staying at my parents place.) I'll try to make sure to grab something for you Jay. Other than that, I can't really do much because I doubt they'll give me a whole lot of extra stuff. I'll make sure to try and get pictures/scans of whatever I do get and come back to this thread and explain what all they were talking about.

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 11:07:43 AM »
I'M GOING!!! Yay! I'm driving the 3 hours from Huntsville to go up there. (Staying at my parents place.) I'll try to make sure to grab something for you Jay. Other than that, I can't really do much because I doubt they'll give me a whole lot of extra stuff. I'll make sure to try and get pictures/scans of whatever I do get and come back to this thread and explain what all they were talking about.

That makes it so much easier to go down and stay with ur parents.  And u won't be going down just for Street Team meeting you'll kill two birds with one stone by seeing ur parents.

I wish I could go.   :(
Run Away From The Sun

Offline Scully2828

• Picciotto
  • i am jacks smirking revenge
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 01:38:28 AM »
so what is usually given or said at these things im a little clueless about the whole street team

how much can you know about yourself if youve never been in a fight

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2005, 02:50:41 AM »
Yes, I went. It was very interesting and awesome. I just got back from Dallas.

Here's the summary:

I'm sick as a dog and my girlfriend (PoisonGirl616) has an injured leg and can barely walk, but we decided to make the 3 hour trek to Dallas. When we showed up, there were two HIM girls there that we talked with for a while, then the Dallas Gatekeeper came in and brought in all of her stuff. She sat us all down and handed out a letter to each of us from The main Gatekeeper. Then she proceeded to hand out tons of postcards, HUGE stickers, and little stickers. She also gave each of us a disposable camera and her e-mail address so we could report everything.

Here's where it gets exciting:

She then pulled out DARK LIGHT! The album it self. Of course it was just a promo version, no artwork or anything. The tracklist has four songs circled and she says that we can pick any two of those four songs to listen to. The four songs were 'Vampire Heart', 'Killing Loneliness', 'Wings of a Butterfly', and 'Face of God'. Me and my girlfriend choose to listen to 'Vampire Heart' and 'Face of God'.

Both are completely fucking awesome songs. The whole Halloween-sounding keyboards aren't as Halloween-sounding anymore. And the ending of VH is soo fucking awesome! They can't quite do it live though, so we haven't heard the studio ending yet, but I guarantee you it rocks! FOG was soo fucking awesome too! I love it!

Here are pictures of the Material she gave us:

^^THOSE BIG THINGS ARE STICKERS! Well, snipes, and I've never seen them before, so if you aren't as impressed with the size, FUCKOFF!! Haha, just playin'.

chad

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005, 03:00:23 AM »
Very nice.  I wonder if they will have these meeting in other states also.  It is a very good way to start promotion.

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2005, 03:01:52 AM »
Yes, my girlfriend is from Houston (and we are actually closer to Houston than Dallas) so she asked them if they would do a similar meeting in Houston and she said yes. So I'm guessing they will do it elsewhere too.

chad

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2005, 03:09:50 AM »
Great.  Thanks for all the info and pictures and such.

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2005, 03:22:18 AM »
When I get a chance tomorrow I'll send PoisonGirl616 over into hear and she can probably do better describing the songs we heard, she's so much better at that kind of thing than me.

Also, The Dallas Gatekeeper said that she'd reveal a clue in meeting. Now that the third door is up, we know what that is for. We're going through all she said and all our promotional material trying to find it.

Also, the main Gatekeeper is not just some random Warner worker, it is someone important, someone that we would all recognize. While she was talking she said "... and The Gatekeeper is... oops, I almost just said it. That's a secret, it will be revealed" or something along those lines.

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2005, 03:30:02 AM »
No, we only heard VH and FOH.

The paper: It says:

My Dearest Darling-
   Welcome into The Heartagram, the Official HIM St Team. You have been entrusted for entry into a group far greater than a traditional St Team- we are family. HIM is a special band and we have formed a special St Team that functions on a much higher level and for a much greater purpose than other groups who promote bands. The Heartagram website is a place for all HIM fans to feel safe to come and love their favorite band with their favorite fans. We work together to make sure that everyone is well-informed and that we are doing the best for HIM. Thank you for your time and energy and I will be sure to let Ville and the band know who shows the greatest passion for the "Dark Light."

With Love,
The Gatekeeper
Darling 666

and then it has two thumbprints on the bottom as a signature.

Loves_Blade

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2005, 03:47:44 AM »
The gatekeeper is probably Bam  ::)

Sounds like a good time. Thanks for the pictures and info. Thats a shit load of stuff.

Offline 6_6_6

• Made Man
  • Dance Fucker Dance
    • my poor HIM collection
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2005, 04:34:55 AM »
I hope its not bam. I expect it will be someone like seppo. I dont think any members of the band would have time to do all this. But hey who knows. Could even be Ville!

I hope they start doing these meetings in the UK as well. Its almost as if were being forgotten over here now that everything is US based :-\
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 04:38:45 AM by 6_6_6 »

Offline Jambo

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2005, 05:57:13 AM »
Bams not intelligent to write in the way that the Gatekeeper does, instead he uses words like "Haggard" and "Wille Walo", i dont hate Bam anymore but there is no chance in the world that he is the Gatekeeper.

Offline Greg

• racecar is racecar backwards
  • Mobbed Up
  • The first cut is the deepest
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2005, 07:33:33 AM »
man i think its about time the uk had a street team like the dallas 1. i mean a really good 1 like theres.

Offline 6_6_6

• Made Man
  • Dance Fucker Dance
    • my poor HIM collection
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2005, 07:34:01 AM »
man i think its about time the uk had a street team like the dallas 1. i mean a really good 1 like theres.

here here

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2005, 11:06:13 AM »
For all the people offering to buy/trade for my promotional stuff: The Dallas Gatekeeper at the very beginning said something like "Y'all go on the messages and forums, right? Then you know how much people want to get their hands on this stuff." And she went on to say not do sell or trade it but to actually post it up and promote with it.

Y'all's offers are tempting, but sorry guys.

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2005, 02:10:20 PM »
Don't worry though. I signed up within a few hours (I think) of that new Crusade being put up and I still haven't gotten any of my stuff yet. So I'm sure the UK isn't assed out.

But they've done so much in Europe, I'm so happy they are finally concentrating so hard on America. I think they are just trying to crack the shell here, so they are doing sooo much here. But I do hope they don't forget their European fans and help 'em out with some promo stuff.

Also, when she pulled out Dark Light, you should've seen our faces light up! It was hilarious. I was just sitting there contemplating swiping the album from her, haha. But, naw, I wouldn't do that. I'd rather be out there promoting, helping the band and maybe getting another early listen later on for my hard work.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 02:11:42 PM by JetBlack944 »

Offline Jambo

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2005, 03:00:54 PM »
Did she play them aloud? Or was it like she gave you some headphones? If she did it out loud i would have recorded it on my phone or something!

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2005, 03:07:18 PM »
I had my camcorder, if she had played it outload, I would have asked if I could have recorded it. But she had a couple of not-so-great headphones that we listened through. The kind that go inside your ear.

But there was no way I would have recorded it without her consent, you have to be honest so that they will continue to do these cool things like allow you to hear stuff early.

Offline 6_6_6

• Made Man
  • Dance Fucker Dance
    • my poor HIM collection
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2005, 03:21:27 PM »
All we need now is the prettyiest guy on the forum to sleep with her and then get the cd..... :D any volunteers?

Offline Talullah

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2005, 03:30:50 PM »
All we need now is the prettyiest guy on the forum to sleep with her and then get the cd..... :D any volunteers?

Who says it has to be a "guy?"  I'd go gay for a day, to get that CD!!!

:) lol... I can imagine your faces! I would've been exactly the same.
Now if you'd only smuggled in a recorder! ;)

So you in the US haven't received the Crusade stuff yet either - that makes me feel alittle better, thanx. I hope you're right though and the UK will get it's fair share.

The Gatekeeper sent me an email about two weeks ago saying that he was sending me some stuff, but I haven't received it yet either.  I think its the American record label doing all this promoting here.  I'm sure the band won't forget their European fans ;)  Didn't I hear something about them doing a tour to cover every courtry?