Author Topic: Venus Doom and Demos on vinyl  (Read 6329 times)

Offline Squeezit Wafflenose

Re: Venus Doom and Demos on vinyl
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2018, 03:48:51 PM »
The "unreleased" material on the re-released first four albums pretty much sucked anyway, so we probably don't lose much. ;)

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2018, 09:37:57 PM »
I was disappointed in the bonus tracks as well. I canceled my pre-order after they finally released the track listings. Too many already released songs, modern live versions, ect. I think they dropped the ball most with Greatest Lovesongs. They had the freedom there to go nuts with early stuff that we've never even heard of before. It's too bad Ville thought the cassettes he dug up were of too bad sound quality to use because I'm sure there was some good or at least more interesting stuff on them than what was eventually used. Even if they followed that same model with a second box set, though, there would at least be a few songs worth having that we probably never would have gotten otherwise. In that sense, I was glad they did a box set and I'd gladly take another one if even for one really good song. It's better than nothing, for sure.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 10:37:33 PM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2018, 02:38:49 AM »
It's true that from Dark Light onwards, there were fewer alternative versions and non-album tracks added to singles and limited versions of albums than before, so if they did release another box set, it could include some interesting stuff. Have you heard that clip of Smother a Heart with alternative lyrics? Hearing that in full would be something. But it's all wishful thinking now - they didn't give a fuck when they were still around, so why should they now?

Offline HelouHill

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2018, 04:33:14 AM »
The records are back on the table - I have to part with my copies for personal reasons. Anyone?

You have mail!

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2018, 06:46:08 AM »
How about that? ;) :D ::)

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2019, 11:44:24 AM »
It can be arranged. Drop me a line. 8)