Author Topic: HIM is OVER  (Read 24978 times)

Offline Inferno

Re: HIM is OVER
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2017, 05:16:56 PM »
The guys are simply too young and talented to not move forward in their careers even if it's not under the guise of HIM. I'm confident that we will still see their creations for many years to come and I'm looking forward to everything they do from Daniel Lioneye to Rambo Rimbaud.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2017, 05:31:35 PM »
It'd be nice for an interview or more details about what exactly is going on, constantly seeing the same thing over and over again on every single site just copied off another one  >:(
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline Jay

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2017, 07:31:39 PM »
Those damn Finns have also shaped my 20's as well. And yes we all grew "out" of the band for various life reasons, but I think every one of us can hear that certain song and be transported right back to that moment in time.

I can't wait to hear new music from each of their various projects. I can be satisfied as long as Ville continues to write music. I enjoy his voice and song writing.

Maybe it was something while trying to write new HIM music they all realized "it" wasn't there anymore and agreed to move on.  I'll support them in whatever they do.

Offline Jay

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2017, 07:32:15 PM »
It'd be nice for an interview or more details about what exactly is going on, constantly seeing the same thing over and over again on every single site just copied off another one  >:(

I agree. But we all know how they are with this kind of thing. We probably won't know.

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2017, 08:56:12 PM »

I agree. But we all know how they are with this kind of thing. We probably won't know.
Yeah, and a pretty crap way of making the announcement too, they could have announced the tour and later on did the farewell part at the last show or something

Offline Jay

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2017, 10:14:38 PM »
Yeah or maybe at Helldone they could have been like "2017 will be it" but in reality this is their style.

I would have settled for another "Gatekeeper" bullshit game to find out it's all over.

Btw; has anyone checked on Bam? Hopefully he's ok lol.

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2017, 10:37:34 PM »
Hey, that Gatekeeper bullshit was fun, especially looking back on it. I still remember solving the "Heaven ablaze in our eyes" key to unlock the Wings Of A Butterfly video and just sitting there staring at the screen like whoa did I really just do that? Lol.

On a somewhat related note, I have fond memories of the "Venus Doom leak race" where a bunch of us were all battling it out on MSN to be the first to get it and post it from that dude who had it from MySpace.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 10:41:35 PM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2017, 04:22:58 AM »
93,17 EUR f or two non-VIP regular tickets, i want at least 2 hours long gig
and apparently i am going to completely different tour, fairwell tour :-D fail

Offline avr

« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2017, 04:40:23 AM »
The venue is Prague looks beautiful.
HIM shows - 24/10/04, 23/06/2006, 29/06/2007, 10/12/2007, 15/03/2010, 16/03/2010, 23/10/13, 03/08/2015 *Farewell tour shows* 14/06/17 - 15/06/17 - 02/12/17 - 14/12/17 - 16/12/17 - 30/12/17 (Thee end - RIP HIM)

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2017, 05:02:01 AM »
There is something big or bad we dont know...

Valo's new girlfriend's pregnant?

Only he could put an end to the band's existence and take a decision that big...

I think the new album was in progress on some phase. Ideas, melodies, text, rehearsals or even some super early demos of a songs... The guys said a few months ago cancelling Helldone because there were no new songs ready to perform and it was well known that Daniel Lioneye had touring to the middle of december. But the message stated that there is defnt. something new waiting to be born.....(fck i cannot find the message... i remember it was on the official fb).
So what has happen during the winter? What has happen the last few months pushing them to take this hard decision now? What was the "big" problem to finish the new album and release it this year and the following tour to be announced as the last one! Im believe in the guys in that  if there was a possibility to release one more album they would do it. But they DONT... why?

On the other side of the coin may be the decision has been taken a year ago or less and they were looking the best way and moment to do it...also first tourdates for the year were announced october/november. Did they were planing to promote do the new album or subsequently changed to be farewell tour??? arghhh

Mige said "transformation" - it doesnt sound like the end, more like they will continue in different form.

Offline avr

« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2017, 05:08:26 AM »
I think these tour dates were for the album release but something happened and it's turned in to the farewell tour instead. We'll probably never know but at least we all have these shows to look forward too. Just booked Manchester & Glasgow.
HIM shows - 24/10/04, 23/06/2006, 29/06/2007, 10/12/2007, 15/03/2010, 16/03/2010, 23/10/13, 03/08/2015 *Farewell tour shows* 14/06/17 - 15/06/17 - 02/12/17 - 14/12/17 - 16/12/17 - 30/12/17 (Thee end - RIP HIM)

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2017, 05:17:11 AM »
well, i dont know but now there are few things right in place, right time to - make a final DVD from the farewell tour, make a documentary, release what is left to be released on some "Uneasy listening vol 3 compilation - unreleased stuff , unfinished old and new ideas.

Offline BABL

• This is how it ends, Not with a Whimper but with a Bang
  • Mobbed Up
  • ~To Dance Fornicate And Murder~
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2017, 06:19:51 AM »
Got My Tickets for the 17th of December, Will be sporting my "Your pretty face is going to hell" jacket one last time before i retire it.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2017, 10:43:24 AM »
I would imagine that the unfinished work on album 9 is going to end up becoming whatever Ville does solo. It would be pretty neat if he did a solo album with guest musicians and such. Hey, this could turn out like the Beatles, where we get *mostly* solid work from the individuals. I also imagine that between the record labels and the band, we will get further releases of things. Perhaps more demos, unreleased remixes and such. Or, if nothing else, endless "Best of" compilations with the same songs over and over.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline Jay

« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2017, 02:32:36 PM »
@Daedalus the "best of" compilation has also been known as the "live show" for 10 years now lol.

But. I'll still go see them! I've only skipped one show in my area and that was to see TOOL....

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2017, 03:31:03 PM »
I like the cut of your jib.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline Jay

« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2017, 09:24:23 PM »
I like the cut of your jib.

Thank you, thank you....I'm here all night.

Offline Steel

« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2017, 04:03:42 AM »
I thought this was a bad joke when I came across it about 10 minutes ago. Very sad news. Him has been a important influence and part of my life for at least over the last 15 years. True there will likely be side projects and maybe a reunion at some future point but it will never be the same again. Thanks for all the joy HIM has brought us all. Hopefully they put out 1 last album together before the solo and new projects begin. I'm very fortunate to have gotten the opportunity to get backstage 2x to meet the band and all I can say are good things about them all.  Truly amazing and talented guys. 
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 04:40:30 AM by Steel »

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2017, 06:00:52 PM »
if this translation it true what exactly happened in a month?

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2017, 06:27:22 PM »

1:11 - "And after that to make new music and then the stuff with HIM"
1:21 - "In the summer we have festivals and after that I don't really know yet"

I think its all clear :D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 06:29:40 PM by Alex »

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2017, 06:34:43 PM »

The new music isn't referring to HIM then? 😣

Offline SilverLiningBE

« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2017, 06:38:11 PM »
Has someone translated the article on this page: Eventim Blog?

It says that there will be one new album. But there is no source and they could have written that info based on the lies Valo said earlier this year...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 06:47:46 PM by SilverLiningBE »
"Hurting Linde is like hurting Bambi, you just can't do it..." - Ville Valo

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2017, 03:20:38 AM »

The new music isn't referring to HIM then? ????
exactly . .... A. make new music , then B. stuff with HIM (means rehearsing for final shows and farewell tour)
"i dont really know yet" ....dates were not on the table for the farewell tour

so he is going to make new music, i bet there will be an album of Ville in 2 years or something new, new project . I hope guys just closed the HIM chapter and they are creating the new one together. Anyway, i am still waiting for some Daniel Lioneye dates as they cancelled it and still nothing - that makes Vol. 3 the worst promoted and toured album in the history of mankind :-D  yet the album is a masterpiece
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 03:27:03 AM by 616 »

Offline avr

« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2017, 05:41:50 AM »
There was a post on Instagram posted shortly after 17.02.2017 - Tampere, Finland Iskelm? Gaala 2017
When Ville Valo & Christel Karhu where together. It said, fans of HIM will be ready for music and the new music is special. Trying to find the post but having no luck.

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
  • Let's get these teen hearts beating faster, faster
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2017, 09:44:05 AM »
Has someone translated the article on this page: Eventim Blog?

Heyyyy, I hadn't seen that even though I actually bought by ticket from eventim xD
It's their official blog and they're publishing news about the tours they're selling tickets for. Well, kind of obviously.

Anyway, what the article is saying is that HIM are working on an album. Which seems to be something the author has ~heard somewhere without naming a source. Since the article also says that the band hasn't talked about it yet they don't seem to be referring to older interviews where they did talk about a new album. Idk.

I did a full translation of the article. Sorry for shitty English, I'm ill.

HIM say Good-Bye: Farewell Tour in late 2017
03.07.17 / Ben Foitzig

Twenty years ago Finnish dark rockers HIM began their unrivaled success story in the international metal scene with their debut album "Greatest Lovesongs Vol. 666".  2017, the band around singer Ville Valo now says good-bye: One more album and then it's over! At least the fans will be able to give the band a proper good-bye: The advance sale for the HIM Farewell Tour has already started at eventim.de!

"After quarter of a century of Love and Metal intertwined we sincerely feel HIM has run its unnatural course and adieus must be said in order to make way for sights, scents and sounds yet unexplored," says Ville Valo in the band's official statement that put many fans around the world in a state of mourning. "We completed the pattern, solved the puzzle and turned the key. Thank you."

HIM - inventors of Love Metal

HIM, like no other band, created their own sound - because of Ville Valo' magical timbre if nothing else. His voice is utterly unique in the rock music cosmos: steeled with thumbtracks and rinsed with tar and Whiskey, the charismatic Finn's exceptional voice sends pleasant shivers down the listeners' spines again and again. But besides Valo's voice it's the gloomy sound as well that makes HIM a twenty year old exception in rock music: metal, gothic and hard rock melt together with soulful lyrics to form a unique sound cosmos that over the years earned itself the name "Love Metal" - analogous to the fourth HIM album of the same name.

Four years after their eighth studio album "Tears On Tape", which reached #2 of the German charts, HIM now want to say good-bye to their fans with one last album on which they're working at the moment, according to reports - the band themselves haven't mentioned a farewell album yet.

"In Joy And Sorrow"...

A ferewell tour however, they have mentioned. "At the end of 2017 we will be released into the wild,” says HIM bassist Mige. “Before this event of great transformation we would love to offer you one last chance to experience our live performances in His Majesty's service. It shall not be a weepfest but a celebration of love metal in all its lovecraftian glory! See you there!" "There" meaning Hamburg (11.29.), Berlin (12.1.), Leipzig (12.4.), Munich (12.5.) and Cologne (12.8.) for German fans.

Tickets for HIMs final "celebration of love metal in all its lovecraftian glory" available at eventim.de!

EDIT 25th May 2017: The article was apparently changed at some point as it now says HIM will retire from the stage instead of mentioning 'one more album' in the first paragraph, and the paragraph on a new album above the video was deleted.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 07:26:53 AM by Kaysa »
Will you dance to this beat and hold a lover close