Author Topic: 2017 - The Farewell Tour  (Read 114810 times)

Offline AcousticFuneral

• Mobbed Up
  • Once Again We've Found Ourselves To Be Lost
Re: 2017 Tour
« Reply #375 on: August 10, 2017, 02:20:11 PM »
I wish I had a contact the stress of the 5 years of ticket sales I've experienced has probably taken 10 years off my life.
HIM Shows-14/03/10 19/03/10 28/12/12 29/12/12 30/12/12 31/12/12 26/04/13 21/10/13 27/10/13 31/12/13 31/12/14 27/12/15 30/12/15 31/12/15 16/12/17 27/12/17 31/12/17
VV Shows-13/01/23 14/01/23 15/01/23 14/03/23 29/12/23 30/12/23 31/12/23

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
  • There is no end to the hurting - I love you...
« Reply #376 on: August 11, 2017, 02:29:48 PM »
Has anyone here ever sat in the balcony of the Wiltern theatre? I've heard the sound is better up there, and that's where my tickets are.
We are the ones with moonlit hearts - run to me
And we belong to another world
Run to me

DSC5LU

« Reply #377 on: August 11, 2017, 06:03:23 PM »
Has anyone here ever sat in the balcony of the Wiltern theatre? I've heard the sound is better up there, and that's where my tickets are.
Yeah, the sound is definitely better, but the view is not as good. It's kind of a trade-off depending on which is more important. If you've ever been to The Fillmore in San Francisco it's pretty similar in terms of view vs. sound.

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
« Reply #378 on: August 11, 2017, 08:08:33 PM »
Yeah, the sound is definitely better, but the view is not as good. It's kind of a trade-off depending on which is more important. If you've ever been to The Fillmore in San Francisco it's pretty similar in terms of view vs. sound.
I'm all about sound, nowadays. Been front row plenty of times, end up with a sore back and feet. Haha

For some reason, I feel like they added the second LA show so they'd have two nights to record (more leeway on fuck ups, and more songs possible).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 01:39:57 AM by Eric616 »
Run to me

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #379 on: August 12, 2017, 06:07:21 PM »
I'm all about sound, nowadays. Been front row plenty of times, end up with a sore back and feet. Haha

For some reason, I feel like they added the second LA show so they'd have two nights to record (more leeway on fuck ups, and more songs possible).

could be a possibility, but theyve already said they won't release another DVD

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
« Reply #380 on: August 12, 2017, 09:04:44 PM »

Ville says shit all the time. Not the best source for news. And I assume the record label could greenlight it if they wanted to.
Run to me

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #381 on: August 14, 2017, 12:41:20 AM »

Ville says shit all the time. Not the best source for news. And I assume the record label could greenlight it if they wanted to.

I suppose you're right
, the man's a musical genius but definetly indecisive at times. what better way to go out with a bang like filming a DVD? would've loved to see them film at the orpheum again.

Plus, they'd have to dramatically change their setlist

Offline avr

« Reply #382 on: August 14, 2017, 07:48:49 AM »
Tickets for the 30th booked 😁 Anyone else get tickets today?
HIM shows - 24/10/04, 23/06/2006, 29/06/2007, 10/12/2007, 15/03/2010, 16/03/2010, 23/10/13, 03/08/2015 *Farewell tour shows* 14/06/17 - 15/06/17 - 02/12/17 - 14/12/17 - 16/12/17 - 30/12/17 (Thee end - RIP HIM)

Offline AcousticFuneral

• Mobbed Up
  • Once Again We've Found Ourselves To Be Lost
« Reply #383 on: August 14, 2017, 08:26:21 AM »
I got tickets for the 27th which was difficult to pull off at work. Also tickets for NYE came in the mail today.  :D

How easy was it to get tickets for the 30th?

I'm shocked the show on the 27th has sold out already apparently there were 5000 tickets available.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 04:33:32 PM by AcousticFuneral »
HIM Shows-14/03/10 19/03/10 28/12/12 29/12/12 30/12/12 31/12/12 26/04/13 21/10/13 27/10/13 31/12/13 31/12/14 27/12/15 30/12/15 31/12/15 16/12/17 27/12/17 31/12/17
VV Shows-13/01/23 14/01/23 15/01/23 14/03/23 29/12/23 30/12/23 31/12/23

Offline Jay

« Reply #384 on: August 15, 2017, 12:14:06 AM »
It's the one thing I'll regret missing. Hopefully they'll do Helldone again as a special thing...not yearly, but maybe in a few years.

Offline avr

« Reply #385 on: August 15, 2017, 02:57:05 AM »
I was at work too and I deal with customers.. it was the most stressful 5 minutes of my life haha!
HIM shows - 24/10/04, 23/06/2006, 29/06/2007, 10/12/2007, 15/03/2010, 16/03/2010, 23/10/13, 03/08/2015 *Farewell tour shows* 14/06/17 - 15/06/17 - 02/12/17 - 14/12/17 - 16/12/17 - 30/12/17 (Thee end - RIP HIM)

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #386 on: August 15, 2017, 09:49:52 PM »
DVDs are a pain in the ass and expensive to make in pretty much all areas of production. Plus, like Jarvis said, they'd have to totally overhaul the setlist or else it would just be Digital Versatile Doom Revisited. Besides that, it would be months into 2018 until it's ready for release. Maybe even 2019 if there were any sort of delays. It just wouldn't make much sense to do that. I don't know what, if anything, I would want them to release as sort of a going away gift, but I don't think that there's anything in the cards at this moment except for the tour itself. I guess it would be nice if they streamed the last show, but that would require a lot of effort as well. Way less than a DVD, though, and they could charge for it and make money pretty much right away, but I don't see them doing it sadly. I'm worried that we're going to have to rely on cell phone YouTube videos in various lengths and states of quality to piece together their last show and I don't want that. I know there will be people there recording audio, probably decent video as well that's not on a cell phone, but will they share it for everyone considering how important it is or keep it for themselves?

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #387 on: August 15, 2017, 10:33:17 PM »
DVDs are a pain in the ass and expensive to make in pretty much all areas of production. Plus, like Jarvis said, they'd have to totally overhaul the setlist or else it would just be Digital Versatile Doom Revisited. Besides that, it would be months into 2018 until it's ready for release. Maybe even 2019 if there were any sort of delays. It just wouldn't make much sense to do that. I don't know what, if anything, I would want them to release as sort of a going away gift, but I don't think that there's anything in the cards at this moment except for the tour itself. I guess it would be nice if they streamed the last show, but that would require a lot of effort as well. Way less than a DVD, though, and they could charge for it and make money pretty much right away, but I don't see them doing it sadly. I'm worried that we're going to have to rely on cell phone YouTube videos in various lengths and states of quality to piece together their last show and I don't want that. I know there will be people there recording audio, probably decent video as well that's not on a cell phone, but will they share it for everyone considering how important it is or keep it for themselves?

yahoo streamed a show back in 2014 and it was a great setlist, [the mix was awful though] the only thing that would change between then and now would be at best 3 or 4 different songs, The Guitar, bass and keyboards all sound the same as the last 2014 show, even the tuning. Back in the day what made each gig special was the fact that every few years, the guitar, keys, or ville vocal technique would change...what also made the  DVD Live special was the fact that Ville made it a point [studio and Live] the whole Venus Doom era would sound heavier and boy was it a big change! I do also remember the DVD was delayed twice before reaching the market.....the thing that I'd love to see would be a Love Metal Archives, Vol 2 or some audio shows from the tour (we know they record them] that'd be the best thing to do aside from charging for a stream
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 10:36:52 PM by SIRJARVIS01 »

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
« Reply #388 on: August 16, 2017, 12:14:23 AM »
Yeah, I'd rather they just recorded the audio and digitally release it. Not expensive, no fucking cameras, and they could record all of the shows and choose the best renditions from each show.
Run to me

Offline Inferno

« Reply #389 on: August 16, 2017, 12:29:17 AM »

There's an easy way to handle that... They still put DVDs up for sale, but everyone who buys it will get a digital version to watch so that way they'd still have something physical to hold/collect.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #390 on: August 16, 2017, 01:33:34 AM »

There's an easy way to handle that... They still put DVDs up for sale, but everyone who buys it will get a digital version to watch so that way they'd still have something physical to hold/collect.

It would have to be a pretty primitive version for the digital download though or else you're right back into DVD territory having to set everything up for it and then have someone edit together multiple camera angles and mix/master the audio. It would still be a ton of work and pretty costly. I'd be fine with just one static camera shot of the band and clear soundboard audio myself if it was either that or nothing. But the biggest problem of all with a DVD release or something like it is that once the New Year's show is over, they're done. I don't think they would want to be further tied down by a release like that and all of the obligations that would come with it when they're ready to move on. I'm sure they want to relax and not have to think or worry about anything to do with HIM, at least for a little awhile.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 01:45:14 AM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #391 on: August 16, 2017, 02:06:40 AM »

It would have to be a pretty primitive version for the digital download though or else you're right back into DVD territory having to set everything up for it and then have someone edit together multiple camera angles and mix/master the audio. It would still be a ton of work and pretty costly. I'd be fine with just one static camera shot of the band and clear soundboard audio myself if it was either that or nothing. But the biggest problem of all with a DVD release or something like it is that once the New Year's show is over, they're done. I don't think they would want to be further tied down by a release like that and all of the obligations that would come with it when they're ready to move on. I'm sure they want to relax and not have to think or worry about anything to do with HIM, at least for a little awhile.

easiest way to handle it is to record just audio or release some old never before seen gigs, easy money
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 02:08:00 AM by SIRJARVIS01 »

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #392 on: August 16, 2017, 02:12:22 AM »
I like the idea of a tripod recording the video and the audio to come outta the soundboard.....I'd buy that

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #393 on: August 16, 2017, 02:22:05 AM »
guys, do you remember the 2001 Luxembourg? I think it was 1 camera only webcast, wasnt it?
that would be pretty enough for me if they placed someone on the balcony at the Tavastia with one camera, recording the entire stage with soundboard sourced audio and that would make a perfect webcast for me. There is no need to make something special about it. They can stream it on the heartagram.com , if they asked few bucks 9,99 € or something i am sure there would be a nice amount of people from all around the world willing to pay to watch it.
Remember RHCP with the Im with you tour? The entire tour was available in various formats to buy digitally. It is easy money without any extra effort. Because they save their soundboard anyway, they perform the gig anyway so they are getting paid for the gig from the tickets and afterwards they can make money on the same gig without them doing anything , just placing audio on the website and charging money for it. I believe if they were into money that heavily and wanted to suck every penny out of the HIM cow they would have been doing it already. This is what i like about them that they really play for the fans and not for making fortune out of it. This is the reason why i dont expect anything from them , they are giving us chance / tour to say farewell to His Infernal Majesty and Ville already pointed out his opinion about the DVD.
We must record everything ourselves, i am doing Prague
Someone could tape the Tavastia video
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 02:25:39 AM by 616 »

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #394 on: August 16, 2017, 03:21:01 AM »
616, was the luxembourg bootleg soundboard sourced? if it wasn't, it sure as hell sounded good enough

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #395 on: August 16, 2017, 03:22:33 AM »
I wonder who will keep all those soundboard recordings once they are done.....what will happen to the actual LM Archives? I hope they go Disney and release a show every few years lol

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #396 on: August 16, 2017, 03:25:23 AM »
one question: even IF there is a proshot stream or some sort of broadcast how much say does the band have in it vs the label or whoever is managing the tour? I mean Ville said no DVD, BUT what if there is a yahoo stream or Kerrang decides to tape something?

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #397 on: August 16, 2017, 03:33:24 AM »
at best i'd pay for pro audio with fan video footage, that'd be the shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8zetYJM0BI

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W8zetYJM0BI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 03:35:11 AM by SIRJARVIS01 »

Offline avr

« Reply #398 on: August 17, 2017, 06:45:36 PM »
What's the crowd like at Helldone usually? This is my first one and it's such a bucket list moment for me. I really can't be done with people pushing in front when HIM come on  ::) >:( When I went to Spain to see them it was manic.. girls fighting, security kicking people out, people fainting, never seen anything like it before haha.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 06:53:08 PM by avr »

DSC5LU

« Reply #399 on: August 17, 2017, 07:42:38 PM »
What's the crowd like at Helldone usually? This is my first one and it's such a bucket list moment for me. I really can't be done with people pushing in front when HIM come on  ::) >:( When I went to Spain to see them it was manic.. girls fighting, security kicking people out, people fainting, never seen anything like it before haha.

That's cos Spanish people are bonkers. Finns tend to be pretty chill at concerts.