Author Topic: Former HIM And AMORPHIS Members Join Forces In FLAT EARTH  (Read 23330 times)

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
Re: Former HIM And AMORPHIS Members Join Forces In FLAT EARTH
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2018, 11:16:37 AM »
me personally, no i didnt buy the album and honestly i dont plan to. i disliked all songs they posted on youtube before the release and i dont think that i will like the rest so for me this is not interesting at all. i wont listen to it. No matter who plays in the band, if i dislike it i just dont listen to it.
if it will be entire on youtube i will give it a try but i wont buy it, to me this is a joke band. It starts with a silly name and continues with the bad singer for this type of music. I mean he sings his own way, and i dont mean that he is a bad singer, but bad as a choice for the type of music they are trying to make. He doesnt fit.
I personally believe that if it wasnt a band based on huge names in Finland - Linde, Gas this band would had no fans. 99% of their fan base are HIM fans and that 1% is maybe their family members or girlfriends
For me this band just doesnt work and i dont see a point of supporting them if i dislike the music. To me members of HIM doesnt mean much when they are not playing in HIM. Its the same as with Juska, he is a great great guy, but i never liked his band after HIM so i didnt listen. As much as i adore Ville if his further project will suck i wont listen to it and i wont follow it, wont support it. Simple mathematics on that. I loved Daniel Lioney vol 2 and vol 3. The first DL album has some good songs too but they are not something i would dig like Vol 2 or Vol 3. And when Linde announced that Vol 2 will be more like to black metal i was hypead yeah. I love black metal. I gave it a try, loved 90% of the album so it worked for me. Vol 3 is even better than Vol 2. To me that is important. Linde unfortunately didnt see it. He rather changed Daniel Lioneye for a new undiscovered territory - new band. I dont see the point why he joined the band and why he didnt continue with Daniel Lioneye. He will try and i think that Flat Earth wont be succesful and after some time the band will fade from the music scene. Maybe the reason why DL isnt function is that maybe Mige wanted a pause from the music business. And maybe Burton wanted to try something completely different as i saw him in some band that i disliked what i have heard so i dont listen, follow and support. And maybe Linde didnt wanna do DL without Mige and Burton. My bet when HIM ended was that Mige will A. continue with Ville or B. will be a painter or something crazy like that.
Its no secret that Mige was my favorite HIM member and i miss this guy dearly. I am giving all my hopes into Ville right now. Either he will form a new band which i will like or he will go completely solo and i hopefully i will like it (for now i loved almost everything he has done, Olet mun is awesome track, hopefully he will not abandon that kind of music, it suits him perfectly) or he will do what he should do - regroup HIM and continue with HIM as it should have been in the first place. Of course with the same personel - Linde, Mige, Burton and Kosmo.

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2018, 04:00:29 PM »
I'm the complete opposite with Daniel Lioneye. I loved the first album, but the second and third only have a few songs between the two that I enjoyed.

I look at DL in the same light as Flat Earth in the sense that it's just something for Linde and everyone else involved to do and have fun with, basically. What I mean by that is that they're both just one-and-done projects and aren't meant to be something sustainable where they all stick together for years to tour and record albums. With DL, that was the intention to begin with. It was never a true band. There was never even supposed to be a Vol. 2 or 3. Maybe if fan interest was greater then it'd be a different story, but not enough people were interested in DL to feasibly keep that band going where they could make money with it and the same thing is going to happen with Flat Earth.

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2018, 04:53:00 AM »
I like Vol. II & III more. The King Of Rock N' Roll is more like a fun thing for me, there are some catchy songs though. The bad thing is, that the album is mastered so fricking LOUD. Louder than the others. It really hurts my ears. The dynamic range meter shows 1 and 2... "I'm gonna make your ears bleed" indeed.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2018, 01:43:53 PM »
yeah exactly, DL was at first a fun thing The King of RNR was sor of fun. It seemed like one effort only - something like Box Car Racer
but it turned out to more than a fun thing. Vol 2 and VoL 3 were much more serious and what is most important to me is that Linde absolutely proved with all three albums that he is absolutely amazing songwriter.
For some reason i consider Vol 3 better than half of the HIM albums and Vol 2 almost the same good. Actually i dig Vol 3 and Vol 2 songs more than i digged HIM since 2005. I am not saying that Linde is better songwriter than Ville, but in my opinion he is not less good than Ville. The problem is that Ville is HIM and Linde is Daniel Lioneye. Two absolutely different projects.

My dream would be one more HIM album, maybe in few years when Ville will miss it, but this album would not be only Ville writing music and lyrics. No. The full blown album where every member participated in songwriting and every member has his own contrubutions on album. Imagine this HARD sounding HIM album with crazy bass experiments and weird keyboard sounds, double pedal. Songs like Mathematics of the storm from Vol 3 or Dancing with the dead with Ville on vocals. Backing vocals - Linde + Mige
Or maybe some parts when there is only Linde on vocals, some with only Mige. But all HIM.
It worked with The Beatles. I would really took this kind of HIM album.

Offline HelouHill

« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2018, 08:52:06 AM »
Grunge has never been a "thing" for me and this band has some elements from the genre...still I love it! First single "Blame" didnĀ“t had big effect on me but second single "Cyanide" nailed it! Also the song "Noble Swine" is really great and HEAVY! After listening the album few times and after few gigs it sounds better and better every time.

Offline HelouHill

« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2019, 01:42:12 AM »