Author Topic: I feel like the band is losing momentum  (Read 797 times)

Offline SIRJARVIS01

I feel like the band is losing momentum
« on: October 20, 2016, 10:49:13 AM »
somehow I feel that in the last few years lately the band has slowed down its Pace drastically compared to before...of course now they are saying that they will not perform helldone without new materials even though I feel like they should it's bad enough that we don't see any Pro Shot concerts anymore.  I feel like it's taking them longer than usual to release anything and lately I've been feeling that they're going to release stuff with interludes again... Of course it could just be me being pessimistic...it may be due to the fact that all of them have side projects or it just may be due to the fact that they are older and don't want to keep doing this much longer I could understand they're only human After All they've given us a hell of a run...it may be a little selfish for me to expect more than what they're giving us but I feel like a band like this comes around only once in a lifetime. what do you all think?

666WTLOnVinylFTW

Re: I feel like the band is losing momentum
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 11:45:07 AM »
You're not alone in thinking that. Sometimes I forget that the band is even still active, honestly. There's been lulls in between releases for as far back as I can remember, some bigger than others, but never anything like the last six years or so. From leaving Sire to Gas's injury, there's been just as much (or more) silence as there has been activity. It's cost them quite a bit. I think it says a lot that Ville didn't seem to know if the band was going to be able to go on if Gas wasn't able to perform, then he healed up and everyone got back to work but eventually he decided that he wasn't having fun anymore and quit. I think that's officially when the band as we knew it died. Gas knew that it was time to get out and that the band had succeeded in accomplishing everything they had set out to do and then some and there was nowhere for them to go but down from here on out. They're definitely in the home stretch right now, just about ready to cross the finish line. Like you said, it's been a great run. One more album...possibly. I honestly don't feel like they want to make a new record, at least not without Gas. Due to his sudden departure, though, I think they feel like they owe it to their fans so they can announce "this is it" and give them the opportunity to do whatever it is they have to do before the band rides off into the sunset. I think they feel like it would've been disrespectful to just say "sorry, we're done" after Gas left and not have some sort of official farewell.

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 01:21:17 PM »
I honestly feel like they crashed and burned after 2005 these guys were pretty much promise the world after 2004 when they released their first major record released in the USthey were even on K-Rock which is pretty big at least at the time for a rock radio station in the US anyway I also feel that maybe these guys didn't make the right decision when it was crucial for them to do so. razor and tie allowed them to do much more freedom music wise anyway and production-wise but that kind of makes it feel like they waited too long for them to break out of being controlled by recording labels who truly never gave a shit about how unique they were. In 2005 for example, everyone who saw them for the first time in the US were amazed being the fact that they stood out in a very good way. Nowadays they just seem so.....lost

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 01:30:06 PM »
I guess what I'm trying to say is I hate that their talent wasn't more exposed when it needed to be...ville even said it himself in an interview "i thought we'd be much bigger by now" I feel like it's a major record label would have backed them up they would have been able to achieve that most definitely by now