Author Topic: Does anyone have the original Rockfield Files?/Spare time Remastering gigs  (Read 777 times)

Offline SIRJARVIS01

Hello ladies and gents I'm back at doing some HIM remastered Projects again (because my first one failed horribly) and would love to have a crack at remastering the strongroom Mixes that came to light on Youtube. Only issue is the sourced files i have are youtube rip which are absolutely terrible. I was wondering if anyone has them in either flac, mp3 (256 bits or above) or wav. if so, let me know. Current projects I'm working on remastering if anyone is curious are as follows:
Love Metal Archives (Some clips are hard to work with eg. VIVA overdrive due to the fact that the source is mono)
Love Metal: Live
SWD demos [AGAIN]
Rockpalast 2000

Again, any good soundboard source material is welcome I absolutely love doing this in my spare time
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 05:19:22 PM by SIRJARVIS01 »

Offline Kir

Are you referring to Rockfield Monitor mixes?

Because Strongroom mixes were some of the unreleased tracks released officially on Razorblade Romance 2014 2 CD release. Strongroom mix from Join Me was released on Uneasy Listening Vol. 1.

Rockfield Monitor mixes are also available losslessly, but I don't have them. Afaik 616 and some others have it.

I loved these mixes, sounded more open and dynamic than the final master available on all the CD releases.

To restore missing data from lossy files I recommend you use Stereo Tool Delossy and Declip. Also, you can try Unchirp from zynaptiq.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 04:04:37 PM by Kir »

Offline SIRJARVIS01

Re: Does anyone have the original Rockfied Mix Files?/Spare time Remastering
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 04:30:25 PM »
yeah I'm referring to the Rockfield mixes [I'll correct the title]
I only have a direct Youtube rip which just sounds like crap. If I could get the original files in any format other than youtube I can create a good Restoration
The low quality files sound way too compressed and muddy, I'm using multiple tools for the remastering projects [Including using flac files for an EQ base]
I'm actually working on a project as I'm typing this lol

Offline MiLToS_666

• The HIM Bootleg Master from Greece!
  • Made Man
Re: Does anyone have the original Rockfield Files?/Spare time Remastering gigs
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 01:31:17 PM »
I can assure you that the uncompressed .wav or .flac files sound muddy as well. It's just how they sounded on the original CD-R as this is an early mix.
"It is not the spoon that bends... It is only yourself..."