Author Topic: Does anyone out there think the band records and stores their live gigs?  (Read 1058 times)

Offline SIRJARVIS01

I mean like literaly everytime they play a show, do you think they get recorded and stored somewhere? The reason I ask this is because I've been a fan of their music for the last 10 years. If I could I'd want to get a legit, produced copy of Rock am Ring 05, 01,  and 2010. I know theyre really old gigs that we've heard over and over but I'd love to hear rock am rame rind with the same clarity of the tracks on the killing loneliness single or rock am ring 2010 without the backing vocals overpowering the lead vocals. or rock am ring 01 without the "flat sounding" drums

666WTLOnVinylFTW

Re: Does anyone out there think the band records and stores their live gigs?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 11:52:59 PM »
Well, we know that they were recording all of their gigs back in 2013 because of the stolen backpack issue. I would say that since they switched to their new live digital setup around that time that they probably have all of their shows recorded from then on, but I'm sure they have a healthy archive of gigs at their disposal from the past as well, some that they used for the making of Love Metal Archives and for bonus tracks on the first four album reissues, and many that we will sadly never see/hear. I'm sure that they have some really good old stuff stored on cassettes somewhere, but as Ville said in an interview about the reissues, he listened to some old tapes and thought the quality of them wasn't up to standard, so he didn't use anything from them. I would love to know what was on those tapes. I'm sure the quality wasn't that bad, at least not as bad as the inferior sounding unplugged versions of It's All Tears and For You that he wound up using, but Ville runs a tight ship and won't put anything out that he feels portrays the band as anything less than what he deems acceptable.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 12:07:54 AM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 01:53:22 AM »
of course they have millions of gigs archived. But we wont hear a piece of it. Getting something from that archive is impossible. Only way of getting something in the future would be "become their sound tech and record it for yourself"..... there is no reason for releasing or making those recording available for the general public and they wont do it. And they seriously have archives full of recordings, demos, versions from the rehearsals, from the studio sessions, outtakes and plenty of materials. As far as they are not releasing some Reissues of DL, VD, SW and TOT - which they wont as these albums were released in the US and they released the 2014 reissues because the first 4 albums were not released in the US in the time - we are not getting anything else.

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 03:11:20 AM »
what backpack issue?

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 09:17:45 AM »
what backpack issue?

Sound tech's backpack got stolen at a gig and contained hard drives filled with recordings of the band's live shows.

As far as they are not releasing some Reissues of DL, VD, SW and TOT - which they wont as these albums were released in the US and they released the 2014 reissues because the first 4 albums were not released in the US in the time - we are not getting anything else.

I'm still perplexed as to why they chose to explain the reasoning for doing the reissues by saying that the first four albums never came out in the US, because that just isn't true. They then switched to saying that they did come out, but received very little in the way of promotion. That much is true, but it's not like they improved on that aspect this time around. It was just weird. A nice idea ruined by bad timing, poor execution, and greed - the story of the band's career as of late; give or take the nice idea part.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 09:36:32 AM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 04:03:21 PM »
yeah it was pretty weird and actually not needed  - reissues of well mastered album as remastered? you wont even notice any difference
it was pretty much some contract deal i would say, they probably had it in the contract but they did not make a new album so they did this. For me this was pretty much the same thing as it was with SWRMXS which was just to complete the contract with the Warner .... completelly useless release, but i am grateful anyway

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 10:08:56 PM »
I'm confused as to how they remastered RR if ville said he couldn't find the masters in the loudwire interview. I can't even hear the difference.... Damn, I doubt whoever stole it knows the true value of what they stole....
All the live recordings that we got in the re issues [the newer ones] weren't anything special. His voice sounds very nasally. The Vegas show couldve been GREAT but whoever mixed it just killed the whole show

Offline Politex

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 11:26:57 AM »
They do record all their shows, I have confirmation that both shows here in Brazil, they have the recordings, and the first one in video aswell. So yeah, they record everything, no reason not to i think.
i'm from Brazil , my english isn't perfect~ ;)

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 08:25:31 PM »
how do you know?