Author Topic: HIM breaking apart?  (Read 4341 times)

Offline Squeezit Wafflenose

HIM breaking apart?
« on: July 01, 2016, 02:59:33 AM »
If you ask me, the band is about to split. No, I don't have any knowledge to support this claim, it's just a feeling. They've been pretty much ignoring fans for months now, posting no updates concerning the supposedly upcoming new album. I hope I'm wrong, but I may just as well be right.

Offline Vesku_FIN

Re: HIM breaking apart?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 04:19:06 AM »
No.

Offline AndreRibeiroPT

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 05:30:28 AM »
You´re crazy my friend...
"...I am dead to you, a shadow doomed
My love, forever in the dark
And of all untruths the truest is you
Too close to my heart..."

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 05:55:44 AM »
I'm pissed rather than crazy. I would love to hear from the band, see some activity on their FB page. Anything, for crying out loud!

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 06:25:22 AM »
New album's recording is starting this year, and the album will be relased at Autumn 2017. There is no way they're just gonna split. After the album's relased, they are gonna be touring etc...

Offline AndreRibeiroPT

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 06:26:59 AM »
I understand you but the band has been like this since forever! In one of the last Interviews Ville did in Finland, he said he was working on the new album. This new album by "Daniel Lioneye" takes some time to work on it too, we just need to sit and wait. In the near future, perhaps there will be news about Helldone...
"...I am dead to you, a shadow doomed
My love, forever in the dark
And of all untruths the truest is you
Too close to my heart..."

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 08:54:46 AM »
Yeah, you're probably right, but I'm just getting frustrated. We were supposed to get the new album by December 2016, now we're talking Autumn 2017. I mean, come on...

Offline Zhivago

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 09:56:52 AM »
The band always ignores their fans and don't give updates. I see nothing unusual.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2016, 03:12:07 AM »
calm down, the band was always like this. Ville hates the internet, social media, facebook, just look at their website - i think it is only existing so they can keep the domain heartagram.com, but nothing more.
I dont know how long you have been a fan, but Ville is slow (and yeah they like to take a vacation after the tour so they can be without music and each other - that is why they never argued or fought like other bands), he needs time to put something out. And its a long process as Ville is a perfectionist. He wont release something that is not 100% top notch in his opinion, so even song writing takes longer. Look at the pauses between the albums - first album and RR was 2 years, since DSBH and LM - 2 years, from LM to DL 2 years, from DL to VD another 2 years. VD to Screamworks 3 years, Screamworks to ToT 3 years.
+ Dont you know Ville? Dont trust fully what he says to the media. Its a long shot to say exactly when the new album will be out. He said that the wont album wont be out BEFORE the christmas 2016 that means no SOONER than that only later which means not exactly in December 2016 but in Villes eyes sometimes up to the year after Christmas 2016 ......
You need to take another shit to this puzzle - they lost Gas, they almost split up in 2011 when Gas had this injury and could not play drums at the moment (Ville admitted that they had this meeting "whether to split it up or wait if he recovers). Gas has left anyway - they found a new drummer. They had to practice with him and they needed to test how it works live on tour with him so this is the reason why there was a 2015 tour - that was unplanned at first, but as the new member came they had to do this tour. This is a year of not working on the album because of that. So when Ville said before that, that the new album wont be out before christmas 2016 it was still with Gas in the band, ....
No worries if you had a chance to see them live in 2015 ( i saw them twice) - they were so fucking great with Kosmo and they were enjoying it, very great energy and vibe from them. If they were to split up, it would have been so much different.
Daniel Lioneye short tour for me only tells that there is something more important in the schedule - that is only HIM.

case closed

Offline Fink_7

• Cafone
  • The son of rage and love
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2016, 12:13:09 PM »
and here's how rumors are born ;D

Offline Inferno

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2016, 02:19:30 PM »
It's always been fairly quiet with them, but it appears to be much worse because of the new label they're with... It's quite possibly the worst label I know of when it comes to marketing a band. Couple that with the facts that they have a new drummer to break in and time spent on things like Daniel Lioneye Vol. 3 and personal time off and it's easy to see why it's like this right now. So while they may not be the best at social interaction I strongly believe that if a breakup where in the midst they would tell us rather quickly. They told us about Gas' injury as soon as they knew he could continue playing or not and when he decided to leave the band.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2016, 06:48:16 PM »
yeah this is a pretty lousy label, i mean this label is just a first class shit

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2016, 04:35:37 AM »
Yeah, I know Ville can't be trusted (by the way, I didn't say the new album was supposed to be out IN December, but BY December, which means any moment until then) and I've been a fan since the RR era (1999/2000, so quite a while now), but there was a time they were all over the place. Even between albums there were interviews in the press, announcements and stuff. Now it's just plain quiet. I didn't mean to start a rumor, I was just curious. I guess their lack of activity never bothered me this much before.

Offline Fink_7

• Cafone
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2016, 05:25:21 AM »
Even between albums there were interviews in the press, announcements and stuff. Now it's just plain quiet. I didn't mean to start a rumor, I was just curious. I guess their lack of activity never bothered me this much before.
I don't know, I think back in the day they were that active because they were trying to spread the word about HIM, you know, to promote themselves. And now since they achieved a certain amount of popularity and fanbase they kinda don't need that shit, whereas we all know their opinion on social media and public appearances. I mean they are not media whores :D I think that's why they are so quiet about news and stuff.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 05:44:22 AM by Fink_7 »

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2016, 07:22:23 AM »
Perhaps, but I guess they could use some new fans. And how will they reach them with hardly any media activity?

Offline Fink_7

• Cafone
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2016, 09:37:00 AM »
They will reach them when they have new stuff to share with new fans. Now they have no material since the last album. So what can they say to the media? That they are planning to release a new album? Well, we've heard that already not so long ago.

New media activity lol
Make sure to check out Ville's I guess official page on FB
https://www.facebook.com/villevalovirallinen/
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 10:01:32 AM by Fink_7 »

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2016, 10:41:59 AM »
That is if there even is a new album. I think there probably will be, but it also wouldn't surprise me if they decided to be done and went on one last farewell tour. Without Gas, I think it's almost a tossup.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 05:56:16 AM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

DSC5LU

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2016, 12:01:32 AM »
I don't think they would even know how to promote themselves on their own anymore. For so many years they didn't have to and it worked just fine for them.

The thing is, they don't have to. Are we not still talking about them? The industry is much different than it used to be. Everyone needs to chill the fuck out and be patient. Every time they are working on an album there is radio silence, aside from the odd Ville article in the magazines. This is nothing new, they are just not signed to a label and so there is no one trying to push their previous release.

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2016, 01:24:23 AM »
I don't think they would even know how to promote themselves on their own anymore. For so many years they didn't have to and it worked just fine for them.

The thing is, they don't have to. Are we not still talking about them? The industry is much different than it used to be.

Just the fact that the handful of us that still post on here are talking about this subject rather than anything else to do with the band shows that it is indeed a problem.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2016, 04:28:35 PM »
It has ALWAYS been this way! The only reason it may seem different now is because they're not touring right now.
[/

Offline Len777

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2016, 10:06:57 PM »
I just saw on Twitter the other day that The End Records was acquired by BMG! I tweeted back to them so HIM is back with BMG ?? And no responsibility as yet lol.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2016, 02:23:22 PM »
you are right
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/the-end-records-acquired-by-bmg/

so The End Records will be part of BMG or it will be only BMG?

Offline Inferno

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2016, 03:19:42 PM »
you are right
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/the-end-records-acquired-by-bmg/

so The End Records will be part of BMG or it will be only BMG?

A part of... from what I read their offices and staff will remain intact and operational.
[/

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2016, 03:57:27 AM »
do you think it will change something regarding HIM ?  ;D

Offline Inferno

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2016, 07:06:44 AM »
Any change at this point would probably be for the best... It can't get much worse than it already is lol.
[/