Author Topic: Daniel Lioneye's new song!  (Read 7571 times)

Offline Peter Forge

Daniel Lioneye's new song!
« on: March 21, 2016, 10:56:32 AM »
In newest video from Kimmo's Custom Sounds is new song from upcoming album of Daniel Lioneye and sounds great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9OAMCFMrzI

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
Re: Daniel Lioneye's new song!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 12:11:22 PM »
Aetherside sounds awesome!

Offline kellylugosisdead

• Picciotto
  • (undead, undead, undead)
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 05:04:24 PM »
Excellent! Linde is so good.  ;D
"I can barely conceive of a type of beauty in which there is no melancholy." - Charles Baudelaire

letsmakehope.com

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 05:51:24 PM »
Yup. The videos were already sent to me in private last week by Kimmo 'cause I was there, so I checked those and it was still soo awesome! I don't know when the album will be relased, but I remember Linde saying that the recording parts were ready and the songs were in mastering process.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 08:25:47 AM »
by far one of the most interesting and most bad ass guitar riff by Linde (yeah i know some of DL and HIM songs have great riffs too, but this is simply incredible for my ears). Absolutely amazing, i loved it since the first videos from Custom sounds appeared where Linde played that riff and stuff.
I cant wait for the new DL album. Just 5 years since Vol II, 3 years since ToT by HIM, it has been so long. I have a terrible need of something new and this new DL song and song by MGT with Ville are good start.

Offline SilverLiningBE

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 04:42:27 PM »
Could someone make an audio file (like mp3) of the song Aetherside played during this "documentary"?

I would love to listen to it in my car :P
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 05:56:35 PM by SilverLiningBE »
"Hurting Linde is like hurting Bambi, you just can't do it..." - Ville Valo

Offline SilverLiningBE

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 05:45:16 PM »
Could someone make an audio file (like mp3) of the song Aetherside played during this "documentary"?

I would love to listen to it in my car :P

Nevermind, I will just convert this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezOgt6UUu2o
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 05:56:49 PM by SilverLiningBE »

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 10:30:11 PM »
Sounds good. Sort of reminds me of I Have Never Wanted To Be Number One from Vol. 2, which is pretty much the only song I liked off of that album, so that's cool. I've never been a fan of screaming vocals and "blast beats" (or whatever they're called) so hopefully the rest of this new album doesn't have any of that as well. I couldn't help but almost wish this was a new HIM song instead, though. If everything were to be left as it is except for the vocals being stripped out and replaced with Ville's, I'd be pleased about that as a basic template for how the next album should sound overall. Keep the heaviness and the badass riffs and solos intact, but tone down some on that gloomy and plodding Venus Doom vibe.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016, 03:26:23 AM »
I couldn't help but almost wish this was a new HIM song instead, though. If everything were to be left as it is except for the vocals being stripped out and replaced with Ville's, I'd be pleased about that as a basic template for how the next album should sound overall. Keep the heaviness and the badass riffs and solos intact, but tone down some on that gloomy and plodding Venus Doom vibe.
no more Venus Doom-like HIM album for me  :D, if they wanna keep the heaviness and badass riffs then: a mix of the  Greatest Lovesongs vol 666(for the heaviness) and Screamworks (for the riffs and lyrics) and Razorblade Romance (for the badassness and melodies 8) )
After all i dont even think Venus Doom is heavy, its more gloomy than heavy, heavy album is Greatest Lovesongs vol 666. Venus Doom is just gloomy , doomy and boring (for me)....
A lot of fans think that Venus Doom is super heavy, but its just doomy and that doesnt mean its heavy,its slower, it has a lot of slow, doomy interludes, but it lacks heaviness, the true heaviness...  Imagine Dark Light songs more extended with doomy parts, slow parts and more Ville deep moaning in some parts and tadaaa Venus Doom ..... The true heaviness is "The Beginning Of The End", its even silly tuned - "bass" tuned guitar, the normal E string is tunes in bass A , then E, A, D ,....
Your Sweet 666 from Greatest Lovesongs Vol 666 - heavy, Your Sweet 666 from Razorblade Romance - lacks most of the heaviness. The Venus Doom is Your Sweet 666 from Razorblade Romance for me  ;D

but to be honest i would appriciate the next album if it sounded like When Love And Death Embrace mixed with Ode to Solitude or something like Rendezvous With Anus with I love You (White House version)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 09:53:43 AM by 616 »

Offline Inferno

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2016, 01:29:01 PM »

Speaking of Daniel Lioneye, does anyone have a FLAC rip of Vol. II? nevermind lol.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 03:55:18 PM by Inferno »
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2016, 04:45:04 PM »
Did you find it? i have it in flac

Offline Inferno

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 11:10:40 PM »
Did you find it? i have it in flac

Yeah, thanks.

no more Venus Doom-like HIM album for me  :D, if they wanna keep the heaviness and badass riffs then: a mix of the  Greatest Lovesongs vol 666(for the heaviness) and Screamworks (for the riffs and lyrics) and Razorblade Romance (for the badassness and melodies 8) )
After all i dont even think Venus Doom is heavy, its more gloomy than heavy, heavy album is Greatest Lovesongs vol 666. Venus Doom is just gloomy , doomy and boring (for me)....
A lot of fans think that Venus Doom is super heavy, but its just doomy and that doesnt mean its heavy,its slower, it has a lot of slow, doomy interludes, but it lacks heaviness, the true heaviness...  Imagine Dark Light songs more extended with doomy parts, slow parts and more Ville deep moaning in some parts and tadaaa Venus Doom ..... The true heaviness is "The Beginning Of The End", its even silly tuned - "bass" tuned guitar, the normal E string is tunes in bass A , then E, A, D ,....
Your Sweet 666 from Greatest Lovesongs Vol 666 - heavy, Your Sweet 666 from Razorblade Romance - lacks most of the heaviness. The Venus Doom is Your Sweet 666 from Razorblade Romance for me  ;D

but to be honest i would appriciate the next album if it sounded like When Love And Death Embrace mixed with Ode to Solitude or something like Rendezvous With Anus with I love You (White House version)

I want something that shines a light on all their strengths... Music that show's each member shine. I discovered a band a few weeks ago that's very similar to HIM and they also have a bunch of songs that really remind me of Charon and Sentenced... Like if all 3 bands had a child lol. This song is a good example, at least on such short notice, of what I'd like to see more of from HIM.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 11:15:37 PM by Inferno »
[/

Offline SilverLiningBE

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2016, 06:48:12 AM »
Icon & The Black Roses hates to be compared to HIM saying that there are no similarities.

Johnny Icon is in a lot of musical projects, electropop style included.

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2016, 08:20:27 AM »
The first Icon & The Black Roses album was fucking awesome all the way through. If the next HIM album is as good as that, I can't/won't complain. I didn't like Thorns at all. They're pretty much the only band that's been compared to HIM that I've actually gotten into, though. Most others come off way too cliche and corny for my taste. HIM can come across that way too at times, of course, but they're obviously top tier in the "love metal" genre. While they certainly didn't originate that style of music, they're the only ones I've ever heard that can truly pull it off.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2016, 09:41:26 AM »
The first Icon & The Black Roses album was fucking awesome all the way through. If the next HIM album is as good as that, I can't/won't complain. I didn't like Thorns at all. They're pretty much the only band that's been compared to HIM that I've actually gotten into, though. Most others come off way too cliche and corny for my taste. HIM can come across that way too at times, of course, but they're obviously top tier in the "love metal" genre. While they certainly didn't originate that style of music, they're the only ones I've ever heard that can truly pull it off.
I agree, Thorns sounds like it's a completely different band lol. On both albums the singing style changes dramatically between songs... Probably the only thing I don't like about them.
[/

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 10:03:11 AM »
anyone who managed to have some videos of the Daniel Lioneye 2011 tour????

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2016, 11:35:43 PM »

I want something that shines a light on all their strengths... Music that show's each member shine. I discovered a band a few weeks ago that's very similar to HIM and they also have a bunch of songs that really remind me of Charon and Sentenced... Like if all 3 bands had a child lol. This song is a good example, at least on such short notice, of what I'd like to see more of from HIM.

I love you for this right now.

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2016, 04:01:19 AM »
I feel like this random band is off subject, Linde is still killin it!  Great riffs and song.

Solo epic... Will this be on DL vol 3?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 04:03:35 AM by Ziggy18 »
Run Away From The Sun

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2016, 07:06:22 PM »
On topic: New DL is freaking amazing. Album #3 is shaping up well. I hope he tours to support it and plays King of RnR tracks as well. That was the one disappointment of the Vol 2 tour, was he just did songs fro that album if I remember correctly.

Off topic: It's funny how ICON doesn't like being compared to HIM. I feel like most of their fanbase is because they have a very HIM sound. They came on the scene at HIMs peak between LM and DL. Every band with similar styles at that time was hoping to achieve HIM level popularity.   After being away for almost a decade, they definitely don't sound like HIM anymore. I'd put them next to Lacrimas Profundere these days.
"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Offline Inferno

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2016, 12:25:36 PM »
On topic: New DL is freaking amazing. Album #3 is shaping up well. I hope he tours to support it and plays King of RnR tracks as well. That was the one disappointment of the Vol 2 tour, was he just did songs fro that album if I remember correctly.

Off topic: It's funny how ICON doesn't like being compared to HIM. I feel like most of their fanbase is because they have a very HIM sound. They came on the scene at HIMs peak between LM and DL. Every band with similar styles at that time was hoping to achieve HIM level popularity.   After being away for almost a decade, they definitely don't sound like HIM anymore. I'd put them next to Lacrimas Profundere these days.

It's funny isn't it? Sounding like another band isn't a bad thing... they were actually different enough to stand on their own. Their latest album though is pretty much a Christian album, I swear. Just listen to it thinking that and you'll never listen to it the same way again... it's that bad.
[/

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2016, 02:16:54 AM »

It's funny isn't it? Sounding like another band isn't a bad thing... they were actually different enough to stand on their own. Their latest album though is pretty much a Christian album, I swear. Just listen to it thinking that and you'll never listen to it the same way again... it's that bad.

I'd rather be compared to HIM and be HIM-esque, rather thea attempting to be a copy. ICON was definitely esque

You know, I waited and waited for that 2nd album to come out. Followed Johnny on FB just to be in the loop. I don't think I listened to any more than that 1st song they dropped. It's was bad. But I'll revisit it with the Christian thing in mind. That should be some reallllll fun

Offline kellylugosisdead

• Picciotto
  • (undead, undead, undead)
    • Tumblr
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2016, 05:14:37 PM »

I kept expecting to hear Strange World as it built up to the chorus haha, wow they sound like they binged on HIM for a few months before deciding to write some music.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 01:12:55 PM by kellylugosisdead »
"I can barely conceive of a type of beauty in which there is no melancholy." - Charles Baudelaire

letsmakehope.com

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2016, 07:14:47 PM »

Just listened to 'Thorns' for what might of actually been the first time. God (no pun intended) that was some awful shite.

Offline Fink_7

• Cafone
  • The son of rage and love
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2016, 02:02:06 PM »

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2016, 05:44:42 AM »
Just came to post here, but I was late :D Well, YES new album out on 19th August... Yess :D
I have liked the riff on Aetherside since Linde played it in Custom Sounds, so I hope the other songs on the album will be great too.
"–Vol III is heavier, it has more fuzz on the guitars, more singing and less growling. The album has proper metal drums and this time you can hear my singing too." ,Linde exposes.