Author Topic: ToT blue vinyl looking for a new home  (Read 1886 times)

Offline Inferno

~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Squeezit Wafflenose

Re: ToT blue vinyl looking for a new home
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 04:08:19 AM »
I buy vinyl to play it. I never understood people who buy records and never even open them to have a look - what's the point of owning a collector's item on coloured vinyl if you never even see it? Besides,  I thought I would keep all four coloured versions of ToT forever, but lately decided to keep the cream and green ones and sell the clear and blue ones. The clear one is gone, by the way.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 04:34:11 AM »
I buy them to play them maybe no more than 3 times. The last time I play them is when I record them. There's a lot of old records I wish I had that no one opened so it's not completely pointless. Believe it or not you could have the same album from different masters and they will sound different so it makes finding the right one in the best shape possible even more tricky.
[/

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 05:29:21 AM »
If you buy unopened records just to experience the thrill of unwrapping them yourself, it makes all the sense in the world, but keeping a coloured record sealed forever and never seeing it sounds crazy to me. Still, this record has been played up to five times maybe.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 07:13:13 AM »
I got one of every color and I opened them all lol. I was just giving you a hard time.
[/

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 08:02:48 AM »
No prob. :) By the way, apparently the clear and cream versions are the only ones of value these days. I'm letting this one go for $40 shipped.

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 10:00:49 AM »
What's strange is that both the blue and the green vinyl still show up on the MerchNOW website as being available to order. I honestly can't remember if there was ever an announcement about them being sold out. It could just be a case of them never updating the website, but seeing as how they were only made because they saw how fast the cream/clear vinyl sold out and they wanted to make more money off of us poor souls, it certainly isn't outside the realm of possibility. It would explain why the cream/clear vinyl is what people want these days, even though there were more pressed of those.

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 02:51:29 AM »
Yeah, the green and blue ones were allegedly added "by popular demand", but as it turns out, that demand wasn't all that great! ;D

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 09:48:18 PM »
It's kind of like when they added the autographed poster to the Diehard Bundle for the reissues when they realized they weren't selling well at all. "There's only 1000 of the posters, so place your orders now! They'll be gone in no time!" It took forever for them to finally sell 1000 copies of the thing, then all of a sudden they "found" more of the posters. How the hell do you just so happen to find more lying around when there was only supposed to be 1000 of them and no more? How the hell do you "lose" something like that to begin with? They got way too greedy thinking that if they call something limited, and especially if they add in a limited incentive with something, that we'll buy anything at any cost - which I can't exactly say isn't the case a lot of the time with us, but we can also tell when we're being made fools of.

Oh, and don't forget, if your poster arrives all fucked up and shit, it's not a defect, it's your posters own "unique aesthetic beauty." If it's ripped in half, give one side to your best friend. Whatever the case may be, don't come complaining to us because we used to cheapest shipping possible to obtain these posters so we expect them to get damaged, and there's nothing we can do for you to get a new one. Do you want to buy some limited edition glue?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 09:53:10 PM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 02:27:16 AM »
They're now selling the Lashes to Ashes boxset for half its original price. Reports of boxes arriving damaged and USB sticks non-functional don't help boost the sales.

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2016, 05:36:01 AM »
I've lowered the price for the blue vinyl copy of Tears on Tape. I won't go any lower than that, so grab yourself a bargain while it lasts!

http://www.ebay.pl/itm/322015147090?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649