Author Topic: Greatest LIVE Songs?  (Read 8428 times)

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
Re: Greatest LIVE Songs?
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2016, 04:19:37 AM »
i understood this as Greatest songs -which is basically their greatest songs - basically Two Decades of Love Metal CD + some other to complete the 2 CD set and pick the greatest live versions that would be really mind blowing and others would be like "yeah thats our HIM live!"

Regarding the rare stuff - its tricky i dont think we will have an easy job on that because of the sources - yeah we have Hamburg 2003 with 3 rarities - Endless Dark, Circle of Fear, The Path - same album, same concert - not a problem for me though, but then we have Again Live from 2000 or You Are The One - amateur shitty recordings ..... The problem could be that you are listening to soundboard Path and then lousy amateur 2000 recording of Again will start. So what will we do? Skip the amateur recordings? Then our soundboard or Rarities would be very short setlist....

I like the idea of 3 CD with 2 of regular greatest hits flled with songs like Resurrection, Sleepwalking and For You and the third of rarities - i mean we have I Love You 1999 live sounboard , if i sat on some Frankfurt version of Razorblade Kiss early 1998 version i could enhance it a little, we have The Path from 3 gigs - Lycabettus, Hamburg and Astoria 2003 we can chose Astoria for example, then we could add Circle of Fear from Hamburg, The beginning of the end from Ilosaarirock 1998 is superb and its sounboard, Stigmata Diaboli we have soundboard at least one. We could add Play Dead or Behind The Crimson Door? Are these rarities? I would say yes. I will be The End of You or No Love could be considered as rarities as well. Lose You Tonight and Salt In Our Wounds we have them but are these all rare? Or we are talking about rare songs like  early live versions and that stuff? Becase songs like Dead Lovers Lane, Behind the crimson door, play dead, no love, i will be the end of you , stigmata were all played during some tours so ?

Luis i love the title Deep Shadows and Live Highlights!!!!! thats awesome

Offline Lujja

• ••ll•ll•[ HIM-Valo ]•ll•ll•• My hell begins from the 10th and descends to the circle six hundred threescore and six
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
    • Heartabolikal HIM Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2016, 06:16:28 PM »
Well, nowadays every song that was not on their "sacred setlist" are considered "rare". The songs that are not singles or recurring probably will be on the list. I will describe it on "3 levels"...

Level 1: There are a lot of songs that died close of their era and they are forgotten: Dead Lover's Lane, Behind The Crimson Door, Play Dead, Disarm Me, Like St. Valentine, Love the Hardest Way, Beyond Redemption, Lose You Tonight, Stigmata Diaboli, No Love, I Will Be The End Of You, Our Diabolikal Rapture, The Beginning of the End, Please Don't Let It Go, Vampire Heart, etc. There are too songs that revived after his era but they returned to the grave like Sweet Pandemonium, For You, This Fortress of Tears, Resurrection, Bury Me Deep Inside Your Heart, Death Is In Love With Us, etc. Nowadays, all these songs are considered "rare" because they no longer belong to this "HIM".

Level 2: The rarities that include some early/alternative versions of their recurring songs. Join Me is not rare but the "early version" could be on that list. Probably we can add some good acoustic versions (Example: For You Unplugged @ Jyrki 97) or alternative intros (Example: "Resurrection of Hearts").

Level 3: Finally, there are also "rarities" like One Last Time, Love's Requiem, Endless Dark, Sigillum Diaboli, The Path, Circle of Fear, And Love Said No... Songs that were not part on a whole tour but they're played at least once time or almost there are not a recordings of it. Also, some early versions that they never returned to play on his era (like Again, I Love You, You Are The One, In Love And Lonely).

We're not considering all the covers that they played... for me some of this songs are considered "rare" (on their respective levels) and part of their best performances, from Enjoy the Silence (98's) to Black Sabbath (07's). But probably it could be another project, HIM also is a great cover band.

Now... for this project, what "level" of rarities will be considered? Probably we will be limited to level 1 because rarities are not the objectives of the project.
Where the lost are safe until they love again...

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2016, 01:59:56 AM »
And Love Said No with Stigmata should be in the Level 1 as they were performed often - Stigmata in early days and in 2002 and And Love Said No 2004

but i agree that i consider all these songs as rare because they are no longer part of the setlist and honestly i doubt it will change, maybe with few songs i can imagine they could return in the future, i think there is a bigger chance that they will do Bury Me Deep Inside Your Heart than Please Dont Let It Go .....

We should probably make a fan "DVD" with some performance after 2004 as the Love Metal Archives vol 2 are in my opinion most likely not on plan in the future.....

Offline Lujja

• ••ll•ll•[ HIM-Valo ]•ll•ll•• My hell begins from the 10th and descends to the circle six hundred threescore and six
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
    • Heartabolikal HIM Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2016, 03:47:44 PM »
Oh, yeah... I forget that ALSN was played on 2004 tour... also they played it on Helldone 2009.

About Stigmata Diaboli, yeah I put it on Level 1 because the 2002 era. About Sigillum Diaboli should be between level 1 and 3, I only remember a few recordings of it (on 1998 and 1999 bootlegs) but I don't know if it was recurring on their tour.

I had a project of "Love Metal Archives Vol. 2" in which I worked like 3 years ago but I never had the enoght time to finish it (and finally I lost all my advances). It would include only videoclips and some few lives. I don't know if I will have time soon to work on it again, but it will be nice to plan it after all these projects.

Returning to the actual project, which setlist will be the chosen one?
Where the lost are safe until they love again...

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2016, 04:01:18 PM »

I had a project of "Love Metal Archives Vol. 2" in which I worked like 3 years ago but I never had the enoght time to finish it (and finally I lost all my advances). It would include only videoclips and some few lives. I don't know if I will have time soon to work on it again, but it will be nice to plan it after all these projects.

Returning to the actual project, which setlist will be the chosen one?
we need to make 2 DVDs of Love Metal - one with Music videos and the second one with the Live clips

ask volcom and the others on that ,this project went quiet i think

Offline regularwill

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2016, 04:43:27 PM »
I've been away for work for a while and can't really do much on my phone. I should be able to get the ball rolling tomorrow. Sorry to keep everyone waiting.

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
  • There is no end to the hurting - I love you...
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2016, 04:20:04 PM »
I particularly like Poison Girl from Download 2005. Ville was in fine shape that day. Gues he didn't want to disappoint Ozzy. Haha
We are the ones with moonlit hearts - run to me
And we belong to another world
Run to me