Author Topic: Greatest LIVE Songs?  (Read 8433 times)

Offline regularwill

Re: Greatest LIVE Songs?
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2016, 12:36:41 AM »
Well then..... Project cancelled? If we can't work together without being "So. Fucking. Angry."  I just thought this idea may liven up the community.

Some bootlegs are uncirculated publicly so people have something worth trading for a different bootleg.

My better solution was already said. We make a rare cut if the first one gies well.

Sure, this isn't going to be perfect. The Greatest LIVE Songs was just a play on words. The title is open for suggestions.

As of the general "femalehood" I'm sure this is meant toward the female fanbase of times passed which was filled with teens drooling over Ville. Nowadays it's not that way, as most of us have been a fan for a while.

If this can't be done in a civil matter then trash this idea. Just trying to get some activity in the last great HIM forum.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2016, 04:45:12 AM »
why cancelling this? its a good idea

not my problem when someone cant read properly and take things pointed out in general personally.....

what o pointed out is that we cant have some issues and pointed out why and made examples. I did not complain once , just wanted to point out on possible situations that can occur. Not my problem that there are traders, there are collectors and there are regular fans that dont mind about bootlegs at all. Not my problem that there are always tapers on HIM shows and there are no bootlegs - it has been like this since 2004 , HIM community is just like this - its not my problem and i did not couse it because i pointed on it......

only wanted to solve possible future issues so we would have been prepared how to deal with some possible issues. Dont be silly, you want me to believe that everyone who will participate from Facebook will known lesser known bootlegs? HAHAHAHAHAHAH , no way, there are newbies that have no bootlegs, or few basic like Rockpalast, Rock am Ring so the choise will be limited by the year/album/setlist on the concert

we need to figure out and write down the rules and the key to make everyone satisfied with the final result, we dont wanna stick together some shit just because we were unprepared

so far we decided that we only pick from A quality = soundboard = http://www.saintscream.ru/index.php?newsid=286

we are limited to the greatest hits anyway as we dont have a lot of great soundboard sources of few songs so i agree with the setlist that Politex wrote down - would only change Sleepwalking past hope which we dont have much soundboard sources(Toronto 07, DigVersDoom, Hultsfred 08 ) for When Love ANd Death EMbrace which is Villes favorite HIM song

and of course we need to have this in mp3

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
  • Let's get these teen hearts beating faster, faster
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2016, 07:28:24 AM »
I'm sorry if I misunderstood all your 'probably not' and 'not fair' and 'ridiculous' and doubting as negative. If this is you being helpful, please carry on, I have recalibrated my reading of your posts accordingly.

Please do me a favor and tell me where I wrote "that everyone who will participate from Facebook will known lesser known bootlegs", though, as I can't find this in my post.

(Btw, those things you pointed out as 'not your problem' are things that you mentioned as possible conflicts in your earlier post. If there weren't 'regular fans', collectors, and traders and everyone was on the same page, you wouldn't have to complain about people not knowing rarer stuff.)

As of the general "femalehood" I'm sure this is meant toward the female fanbase of times passed which was filled with teens drooling over Ville. Nowadays it's not that way, as most of us have been a fan for a while.

Which is exactly what I've been trying to get across (there has been another occasion). I can't stand these generalizations that aren't even true.

Anyway, I'll shut up now and only post nice and cheery comments from now on for the sake of peacefulness.
Will you dance to this beat and hold a lover close

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2016, 08:13:21 AM »
Kaysa - i still have no clue why the fuck have you started this war? What is the reason why are you fighting against me?

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2016, 08:24:25 AM »
Oookay back to the thing guys... I think this idea is ok. I like Dead Lover's Lane from the Orpheum 2007 gig and It's All Tears from Semifinal 2003 is also great. And Razorblade Kiss from Provinssirock 2000 is good.

Offline Politex

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2016, 12:33:34 AM »
I like the setlist, since 90% was my idea :p, but I don't think we should use Rebell Yell since it's not a HIM song (and wasn't released in any form like Wicked Game/Solitary Man/Poison Heart/Strange World) and I still think the encore sounds better with 3 songs, but I don't think it matters that much. And IF everyone agrees that we should replace Rebell Yell, I would love to have Under the Rose back in the set since it's my favorite track >.<.

I think the order of the songs should change a bit depending on which version of each song we choose as well, for exemple, if Funeral Of Hearts end up being 2003 version, it should not close the album, since it didn't close the set at the time.

Edit:

One more rule that should be include is to choice only ONE song per show, so that we could not create half of the setlist with the same show,like using DVD 2007 show in 3~4 songs.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 12:47:53 AM by Politex »
i'm from Brazil , my english isn't perfect~ ;)

Offline regularwill

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2016, 12:59:36 AM »
I like the setlist, since 90% was my idea :p, but I don't think we should use Rebell Yell since it's not a HIM song (and wasn't released in any form like Wicked Game/Solitary Man/Poison Heart/Strange World) and I still think the encore sounds better with 3 songs, but I don't think it matters that much. And IF everyone agrees that we should replace Rebell Yell, I would love to have Under the Rose back in the set since it's my favorite track >.<.

I think the order of the songs should change a bit depending on which version of each song we choose as well, for exemple, if Funeral Of Hearts end up being 2003 version, it should not close the album, since it didn't close the set at the time.

Edit:

One more rule that should be include is to choice only ONE song per show, so that we could not create half of the setlist with the same show,like using DVD 2007 show in 3~4 songs.
You definitely put together a good list. Rebel Yell has been played since some of the first recordings we have and is still played to this day so i think it should stick.

The order will get rearranged on the final list to make it flow better so we may end up with three song encore.

I completely agree that it can only be one song from each show! That will be put in the rules now.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2016, 04:42:33 AM »
Nice ideas

so as we dont have everything lossless sourced we need to have this project in mp3, there might be mp3 in 128kbps or 196kbps or 320kbps or 256kbps, 226kbps - what with that? Convert all to the same, so the higher will get downgrade as you can get 320 from 128.... or keep it as it is?

So if i understand well - we have a final setlist of the songs that we will look for the best versions of the live songs and then we will select the greatest live version of each song?
where i can find the final setlist? And i think we should  have Heartache Every Moment in the final setlist as it was a single and a big hit and we have a lot of sources to chose from. Lets make it 2 CD  =  160 minutes so lets add WLADE, Bleed Well and something from the first album - The Beginning of the end/For You/Our Diabolikal/Stigmata to have covered all eras and i agree on not putting Rebel Yell as its not HIM song and having two covers is not the best option as they have so many great songs , lets keep Wicked Game and swap Rebel Yell for something better 
and also lets cut Intro... there is no point and its a waste of the space on CD i would say
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 04:51:22 AM by 616 »

Offline regularwill

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2016, 04:57:14 AM »
Nice ideas

so as we dont have everything lossless sourced we need to have this project in mp3, there might be mp3 in 128kbps or 196kbps or 320kbps or 256kbps, 226kbps - what with that? Convert all to the same, so the higher will get downgrade as you can get 320 from 128.... or keep it as it is?

So if i understand well - we have a final setlist of the songs that we will look for the best versions of the live songs and then we will select the greatest live version of each song?
where i can find the final setlist? And i think we should  have Heartache Every Moment in the final setlist as it was a single and a big hit and we have a lot of sources to chose from. Lets make it 2 CD  =  160 minutes so lets add WLADE, Bleed Well and something from the first album - The Beginning of the end/For You/Our Diabolikal/Stigmata to have covered all eras
I think it's best to keep the files in their respective bit rate.

Correct! The final setlist is located in the first post.

Tomorrow i will make an additional setlist WLADE, Bleed Well, For You, Under The Rose, and some others to span this set across the discography as well. I'll keep my eye on setlist.fm while I'm making it so i don't include a song with few performances.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2016, 05:22:23 AM »
So if we have lossless we will put lossless and others mp3 , or everything in mp3 in its bitrate as we have it?

to the setlist i would say:

CD # 1 :           

1. Passions Killing Floor
2. Buried Alive By Love
3. Heartache Every Moment
4. Rip Out The Wings of a Butterfly
5. Resurrection
6. Heartkiller
7. The Sacrament
8. Sleepwalking Past Hope
9. Poison Girl
10. Vampire Heart
11. Pretending
12. All Lips Go Blue
13. Its All Tears
14. For You
15. Join Me

CD # 2:

1. Sweet Pandemonium/Death Is In Love With Us/Under The Rose
2. The Kiss Of Dawn
3. Tears On Tape
4. Scared To Death
5. Killing Loneliness
6. Razorblade Kiss
7. In Joy And Sorrow
8. Wicked Game
9. Bury Me Deep Inside Your Heart
10. Beyond Redeption
11. Bleed Well
12. The Funeral Of Hearts
13. Your Sweet 666
14. Right Here In My Arms
15. When Love And Death Embrace
16. Soul On Fire

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2016, 05:48:37 AM »
Should we put the Suspiria theme as the intro? :D

Offline Politex

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2016, 10:28:54 AM »
I think we may need to cut off Sleepwalking because it does consume the space of 3 songs (in this case we would replace with Sweet Pandemonium/Death Is In Love With Us/Under The Rose instead of choosing only one) and I believe we have only 2 good source of this song which is the DVD and Bleed Well Single, I don't think both of them are that great and it does open up the setlist for 616's idea.

I don't think it's bad to use a small intro, it's not that long and it would be a nice touch.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2016, 10:34:28 AM »
we have also Hultsfred 2008 sourceo of Sleepwalking and i believe some decent amateur recordings too, but i agree that this song takes a lot of space and its not a hit or single and i think it would be better if we added more songs like Death Is In Love which is not single or hit as well but its melodic and kinda catchy

in case we cut Sleepwalking lets add some intro, in case you wanna keep Sleepwalking i think intro could be Passions Killing Floor  ;D

Offline Lujja

• ••ll•ll•[ HIM-Valo ]•ll•ll•• My hell begins from the 10th and descends to the circle six hundred threescore and six
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
    • Heartabolikal HIM Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2016, 10:02:59 PM »
An apology if I'm nosy but... "Greatest Live Songs" without Sleepwalking Past Hope, The Path, Love's Requiem, etc? I know that it's hard to choose what songs will be on the final tracklist but it will be only singles & casual songs? I think unfair to leave off the list many epic and great songs.

I support the idea of 616. Maybe we need to plan two or three CD's... probably 1 CD with rarities, covers, alternative, acoustic and early versions. I don't know... maybe something like these:

Greatest Live Songs: Volume 1
(The most popular songs and singles)

Greatest Live Songs: Volume 2
(More known songs and some good b-sides)

Greatest Live Songs: Volume 3
(Rarities, covers & more)

Where the lost are safe until they love again...

Offline PTEraser

• Goodfella
  • Cafone
  • just fear for the best and hope for the worst
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2016, 10:02:28 AM »
Join Me has to be one from the 2000 dates. That ending is amazing!
2000/08/23 - 2000/12/06 - 2001/11/09 - 2003/07/18 - 2004/02/08  -2006/03/02 -2017/06/17

Offline AndreRibeiroPT

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2016, 01:38:47 PM »

I totally support your idea, things would be more easy and diverse...
"...I am dead to you, a shadow doomed
My love, forever in the dark
And of all untruths the truest is you
Too close to my heart..."

Offline MartaM

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2016, 06:40:09 PM »
Hi!! I'm a "newborn" fan and all I think is how they passed me all these years!!  ;D
For me, these two "live" are... overwhelming:

"The Path" (Hamburg 03) and "Gone with the sin" (Turku 2002) ;)
"Every time we touch we get closer to heaven
And at every sunrise our sins are forgiven
You on my skin this must be the end
The only way you can love me is to hurt me again..."

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2016, 08:46:32 AM »

yeah but this is Greatest live compilation, that rare stuff could be another project with one last time, path, loves requiem, again, razorblade kiss early version, dsbh early versios, circle of fear, rare covers

Offline AndreRibeiroPT

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2016, 09:50:45 AM »

yeah but this is Greatest live compilation, that rare stuff could be another project with one last time, path, loves requiem, again, razorblade kiss early version, dsbh early versios, circle of fear, rare covers

Yes, that would be the "Volume 3" like HIM-Valo said...

Some of my favourites are "Gone with the Sin" (Turku 2002), "For you" (Overdrive 1998), "It´s all Tears" (Overdrive 1998), "Buried Alive by Love" (Hartwall Arena 2005), "Funeral of Hearts" and "Killing Loneliness" (both from Digital Versatile Doom).

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2016, 01:26:56 PM »
volume 3 with once played songs considered as the GREATEST of LIVE? how?

Offline AndreRibeiroPT

« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2016, 02:52:20 PM »
volume 3 with once played songs considered as the GREATEST of LIVE? how?

You didn´t understanded me, I said "Volume 3" only if the other "Volumes" would count. If the project is only with one cd or two of the greatest live, let´s do it :D

Offline Kir

« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2016, 05:21:55 PM »
Fantastic idea.

Why limiting the selection to a 80-90 minutes CD? It's better if we make a selection of outstanding soundboard or audience +A/A recordings without limiting the number of songs.

I'm trying to remember some of the ones I like:

• The Funeral of Hearts -I've Crossed Oceans of Wine to Find You Intro- (2003.08.08 -  Taubertal Festival, Bavaria, Germany)
  • Enjoy the Silence (1998.12.06 - TV-show Virus, Nosturi club, Helsinki)
  • The Path (2003.03.08 - Grosse Freiheit 36, Hamburg, Germany)
  • Join Me In Death (2000.07.14 - Gurtenfestival, Switzerland OR 2000.10.30 - The Garage, England)
  • Poison Girl (2001.10.31 - Den Atelier, Luxembourg OR 2001.11.14 - La Riviera, Madrid, Spain)
  • Gone With The Sin (2002.04.05 - Caribia, Turku, Finland)
  • Our Diabolikal Rapture (2000.03.29 Arena, Berlin, Germany OR 2000.09.05 Rockpalast, Hamburg, Germany)

And please, never transcode the original files.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 05:22:47 PM by Kir »

Offline Lujja

• ••ll•ll•[ HIM-Valo ]•ll•ll•• My hell begins from the 10th and descends to the circle six hundred threescore and six
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2016, 06:01:51 PM »
Well... I'm probably misunderstanding the title of the collection. For me, "Greatest Live Songs" are the best performances of the band regardless if only played it once or hundreds times. On this case, we will have the "Greatest Live Versions (of the Overplayed HIM Songs)" featuring Wicked Game, Join Me, Wings of a Butterfly, etc. Ourselves criticize that reduced and overplayed setlist. Don't misunderstand me, I really like these songs and they need to be on the list but... For example: Wings of a Butterfly live is better than The Path live? I don't know if I'm the only one but for me there's a lot of difference, even if there's a hundreds versions of this song... I am not against the argument, I understand what you say, just that for me the title can be misleading and I feel that we can do more than that list. I hope not misunderstand what I mean.

Anyway, probably we'll need to plan this another project with their best and rare stuff in the near future. Once this project is completed I propose to start with this. If this project is called "Greatest Live Songs" and the first thing that I relate with this is the title of first HIM album, the second project how should be called? Razorlive Romance? Deep songs and live highlights? Live Metal? xD Just kidding.

Returning to the project, we can propose a setlist or we have a definitive one?

Offline Politex

« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2016, 06:18:41 PM »
We need to decide between the setlist idea or the 2 CD idea from 616 before going forward with all

Offline Lujja

• Associate
  • The 9th Circle
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2016, 09:15:00 PM »
I support the idea from 616, we need at least 2 CD.

My suggestion: Try to remember the highlights on every tour. There are songs that sounded better on a specific era. For example: Lose You Tonight on Love Metal era, Gone with the Sin on Deep Shadows era, etc. Then we need to find the different sources to create the list. We can't repeat the show, so we need to find different sources of the same song. For example: Gone With The Sin (Turku, RAR, RIM).