Author Topic: Halloween Costumes!  (Read 2500 times)

Offline kellylugosisdead

• Picciotto
  • (undead, undead, undead)
    • Tumblr
Halloween Costumes!
« on: October 30, 2015, 03:41:37 PM »
I didn't see a thread for this yet, so I figured I'd start one. What are you going as for Halloween tomorrow? Feel free to share pics! I'm a bat this year, and dressed up for work, so I have a few pics, but will hopefully have better ones tomorrow (thinking about changing the makeup too - this nose has gotten smudged so many times today from me itching without realizing it and I don't think it's necessary...plus some people thought I was a teddy bear?)

"I can barely conceive of a type of beauty in which there is no melancholy." - Charles Baudelaire

letsmakehope.com

Offline Inferno

Re: Halloween Costumes!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 04:45:56 AM »
I love the show Vikings so I'm going as Rollo Lothbrok
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
  • Let's get these teen hearts beating faster, faster
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 03:18:41 PM »
Halloween isn't much of a thing around here, so it's rarely celebrated.
However, I did the trick or treat thingy once or twice in elementary school, I think I went as a witch or something xD
A few years ago we dressed for Halloween in school and I went for the easiest solution, black cat. Black clothes, cat ears and lace gloves. That was actually quite nice (and not much of an effort :D).

Vikings is really cool. I only watched the first season, though, because I'm terrible at following TV series...
Will you dance to this beat and hold a lover close

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 05:51:35 PM »
I went trick-or-treating as a tavern wench. It was my costume from last year but I only wore it to pass out candy so good for another year. Next year will be time for a new one. Four hours walking around in boots with heels really hurt my feet. Was fun and worth it though.

Offline kellylugosisdead

• Picciotto
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 03:39:42 PM »
I love the show Vikings so I'm going as Rollo Lothbrok

I've actually never seen Vikings, but my husband and his brother nerd out over it all the time. I'm sure your costume was awesome!
"I can barely conceive of a type of beauty in which there is no melancholy." - Charles Baudelaire

letsmakehope.com

Offline kellylugosisdead

• Picciotto
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 03:43:10 PM »
Halloween isn't much of a thing around here, so it's rarely celebrated.
However, I did the trick or treat thingy once or twice in elementary school, I think I went as a witch or something xD
A few years ago we dressed for Halloween in school and I went for the easiest solution, black cat. Black clothes, cat ears and lace gloves. That was actually quite nice (and not much of an effort :D).

Vikings is really cool. I only watched the first season, though, because I'm terrible at following TV series...
Oh, I know it's not as big of a deal outside of North America, but that kind of makes me sad because it's my favorite holiday! My coworkers call me the Halloween Queen haha, one even bought me a garland with miniature skeletons to hang up in my cubicle. In past years, I've been a devil, a liontamer, a raven, Lydia Deetz from Beetlejuice, the Mad Hatter, and of course a vampire. Next year I'm thinking about doing a femme Louis de Pointe du Lac (from Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles) so that I can get more use out of the expensive fangs I bought for my costume this year.

letsmakehope.com

Offline kellylugosisdead

• Picciotto
    • Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 03:45:00 PM »
I went trick-or-treating as a tavern wench. It was my costume from last year but I only wore it to pass out candy so good for another year. Next year will be time for a new one. Four hours walking around in boots with heels really hurt my feet. Was fun and worth it though.

Oh man, I bet your feet hurt! I'm glad I kept it comfy with flat boots, plus it was raining like crazy here (remnants of Hurricane Patricia) so they worked out well for not getting my feet soaked! I miss trick or treating, haven't done it since high school and I'm not sure I could get away with it now lol.

letsmakehope.com

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
  • Let's get these teen hearts beating faster, faster
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2015, 05:58:54 PM »
Oh, I know it's not as big of a deal outside of North America, but that kind of makes me sad because it's my favorite holiday! My coworkers call me the Halloween Queen haha, one even bought me a garland with miniature skeletons to hang up in my cubicle. In past years, I've been a devil, a liontamer, a raven, Lydia Deetz from Beetlejuice, the Mad Hatter, and of course a vampire. Next year I'm thinking about doing a femme Louis de Pointe du Lac (from Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles) so that I can get more use out of the expensive fangs I bought for my costume this year.

I think it is at other places, just not in the area I live in. And since I live outside of the village, there isn't anywhere to go trick or treating, so I never picked Halloween up as a child.

That's really cool! It's great when people are so invested in what they love.
You should totally go for a genderbent version of Louis next year, that would be awesome!
Will you dance to this beat and hold a lover close

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 11:16:03 PM »

Oh man, I bet your feet hurt! I'm glad I kept it comfy with flat boots, plus it was raining like crazy here (remnants of Hurricane Patricia) so they worked out well for not getting my feet soaked! I miss trick or treating, haven't done it since high school and I'm not sure I could get away with it now lol.

It had started out raining here pretty hard but then it stopped right before it started getting dark. Actually the warmest Halloween I've experienced here. You are never too old to go trick-or-treating. All of the people in our group were adults one of which is 40 (although she is rather short). You should definitely do femme Louis de Pointe du Lac. Funny you should mention it as I am currently reading Prince Lestat.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 10:19:07 PM by KissTheVoid »

Offline Inferno

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2015, 12:52:38 AM »
I'm on the left.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline kellylugosisdead

• Picciotto
    • Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2015, 03:07:53 PM »
I'm on the left.

Dangit, I'm at work and can't see this. I'll have to look when I get home.

Edit: Yay, now I can see! Fantastic!!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 07:53:51 PM by kellylugosisdead »

letsmakehope.com