Author Topic: Jukka "Kosmo" Kröger is the new drummer.  (Read 10949 times)

Offline The-Reaper

« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 04:14:02 PM by The-Reaper »

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
Re: Jukka "Kosmo" Kröger is the new drummer.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 04:35:28 PM »
Kosmo reminds me of Gas. Its like a younger copy and has a long hair and less kilos :)

https://www.facebook.com/HeartagramTeam/videos/828151763920329/
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 04:39:41 PM by Alex »

Offline The-Reaper

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 04:41:04 PM »
From the videos that i saw so far.

BABL , Wicked Game, Join Me and WLADE confirmed.

Incoming 2013 setlist ? :D
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 04:42:37 PM by The-Reaper »

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 04:48:41 PM »
I want to see him playing Its All Tears.. hopefully next friday!!!!

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 05:23:47 PM »
so my older informations were correct about the drummer

i wanna see the setlist!!!!

Offline Politex

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 05:26:28 PM »

good to know i'm not the only one sitting here waiting for the setlist :D
i'm from Brazil , my english isn't perfect~ ;)

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 05:37:58 PM »
i'm pretty sure we can guess it  ;D

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
  • Let's get these teen hearts beating faster, faster
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 05:41:27 PM »

And I want a spoiler feature for the forum so I won't (hahaha) spoil myself before I've seen it in action :D
Will you dance to this beat and hold a lover close

Offline The-Reaper

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 05:52:41 PM »
They also played Rebell Yell, Your Sweet 666 and Funeral Of Hearts.

So far we got:

BABL
Wicked Game
Join Me
Your Sweet 666
Funeral Of Hearts
WLADE
Rebell Yell
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 06:10:34 PM by The-Reaper »

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2015, 06:15:04 PM »
so far so terrible......

>:( >:( >:(

Offline Politex

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2015, 06:28:38 PM »
Any link for the videos? really don't know where to look beside youtube.
i'm from Brazil , my english isn't perfect~ ;)

Offline The-Reaper

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2015, 06:45:20 PM »

Encore: WLADE

There you go :/
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 02:36:35 AM by The-Reaper »

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2015, 09:38:06 PM »
1. From that video, dude sort of reminds me of Rusev from WWE. He needs a hot chick like Lana (fuck Dolph Ziggler) to stand by his drum set during the shows. In case the setlist gets boring, at least you have something nice to look at.

2. Wasn't Ville doing Rambo Rimbaud advertised for today from a long ass time ago? From what I read in another thread, as of earlier today it was going to be both that and HIM (possibly a translation error or something), but then it ended up just being HIM. What the hell happened there? Does anyone know? Kind of a shitty thing to do to the HIM fans that bought tickets because they specifically wanted to watch a Rambo Rimbaud set. They got treated to the first ever show with the new drummer, so that's nice I guess, but still not what was advertised and what they paid money for. I just have to imagine that not all of the HIM fans in attendance would've been there had HIM been advertised from the beginning instead of Rambo Rimbaud. There's always chances to see HIM, but seeing Ville do his solo side-project live is something you have to take the chance at now if you want to experience what it's like, and it just seems to me like those people got robbed of that opportunity today.

DSC5LU

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2015, 09:59:08 PM »
Wasn't Ville doing Rambo Rimbaud advertised for today from a long ass time ago? From what I read in another thread, as of earlier today it was going to be both that and HIM (possibly a translation error or something), but then it ended up just being HIM. What the hell happened there? Does anyone know? Kind of a shitty thing to do to the HIM fans that bought tickets because they specifically wanted to watch a Rambo Rimbaud set. They got treated to the first ever show with the new drummer, so that's nice I guess, but still not what was advertised and what they paid money for. I just have to imagine that not all of the HIM fans in attendance would've been there had HIM been advertised from the beginning instead of Rambo Rimbaud. There's always chances to see HIM, but seeing Ville do his solo side-project live is something you have to take the chance at now if you want to experience what it's like, and it just seems to me like those people got robbed of that opportunity today.

The idea of Rambo Rimbaud is pretty vague being that he's only played once for 15 minutes. I doubt there's any HIM fans who would be bummed about seeing the first performance with a new member instead of Ville standing alone playing atmospheric shoegaze. Those wouldn't really be "HIM fans" now would they? Anyone who actually thought Qstock would ramp down the energy of the festival to accommodate a quiet guy with an acoustic guitar wasn't really using their brain. I knew from the outset that it would most likely be HIM that played today, which is why I've been monitoring Instagram/Twitter all day. As for false advertisement, you pay for a ticket to a festival to see multiple bands, not one band, otherwise you'd be getting ripped off for the price.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2015, 06:49:04 AM »
they sound good - even Ville either https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHFbdKQ3Igo

but the setlist=disaster
if they only practiced the most overplayed songs and they will have the same setlist on their own gigs as they will have on the festivals,.... then it will be very bad to hear the same SHITS over and over again two nights in row for me.....
4 HIM gigs throughout the years - 24 HIM live songs in total.... FUCK THIS

fuck them with this setlist, no offense, they have a new drummer - ok who cares , it was told months ago that they will recruit someone new and it was known who it will be like weeks ago , everyone was waiting for the setlist and it will be just the same SHIT, less ToT songs, with rebel yell - i never liked this song.

i am seriously considering making a special T shirt for the gigs with the "FUCK YOUR BORING SETLIST!" on it but i am afraid that they will think that its meant for the other band .... and i may get killed by the touched 15 years old girls  ;D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 07:08:17 AM by 616 »

Offline playdead616

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2015, 09:35:32 AM »
It's a festival show, of course the set will be short. And with a shorter set, means less songs to pick from.
I think the setlist was appropriate. ToT tour is over, so I'm not concerned with the absence of those songs. Wouldn't kill to throw in Love, the Hardest Way or something new and upbeat. but oh well. I feel like their next album tour will have 1 or 2 songs in the set that are more 'rare' live. I love You and Pretending would be good additions, imo.

The endless river, forever and ever...

Offline Peter Forge

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2015, 11:05:06 AM »

i am seriously considering making a special T shirt for the gigs with the "FUCK YOUR BORING SETLIST!" on it but i am afraid that they will think that its meant for the other band .... and i may get killed by the touched 15 years old girls  ;D

If you make this T shirt I will buy one!

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2015, 05:52:52 PM »
Well, the drummer sounds very good in the videos that i've seen from the Qstock gig so far.

Offline Peter Forge

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2015, 04:30:06 AM »
I saw only Rebel Yell and WLADE and at RY I love his line ( double kick pedal rocks!) but at WLADE I was super bored

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2015, 05:25:28 AM »
I know that Gas has good double kick skills but I wonder why he almost never used them in HIM. He even had those 3 bass drum kits. In fact the extra bass drums in that kit were impossible to play :D

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2015, 08:36:42 AM »
Wasn't Ville doing Rambo Rimbaud advertised for today from a long ass time ago? From what I read in another thread, as of earlier today it was going to be both that and HIM (possibly a translation error or something), but then it ended up just being HIM. What the hell happened there? Does anyone know? Kind of a shitty thing to do to the HIM fans that bought tickets because they specifically wanted to watch a Rambo Rimbaud set. They got treated to the first ever show with the new drummer, so that's nice I guess, but still not what was advertised and what they paid money for. I just have to imagine that not all of the HIM fans in attendance would've been there had HIM been advertised from the beginning instead of Rambo Rimbaud. There's always chances to see HIM, but seeing Ville do his solo side-project live is something you have to take the chance at now if you want to experience what it's like, and it just seems to me like those people got robbed of that opportunity today.

The idea of Rambo Rimbaud is pretty vague being that he's only played once for 15 minutes. I doubt there's any HIM fans who would be bummed about seeing the first performance with a new member instead of Ville standing alone playing atmospheric shoegaze. Those wouldn't really be "HIM fans" now would they? Anyone who actually thought Qstock would ramp down the energy of the festival to accommodate a quiet guy with an acoustic guitar wasn't really using their brain. I knew from the outset that it would most likely be HIM that played today, which is why I've been monitoring Instagram/Twitter all day. As for false advertisement, you pay for a ticket to a festival to see multiple bands, not one band, otherwise you'd be getting ripped off for the price.

It's so damn bizarre to me that you're not the only one, judging from the comments I scrolled through on the band's Facebook page, that think this way. As a HIM fan (obviously, or else I wouldn't even be here) if I would've been the one to have paid the price of a festival ticket because Rambo Rimbaud (what we know to be the name of Ville's solo side-project, not just another nickname to refer to him as) was advertised to play and that was what made me buy the ticket and show up to begin with (which isn't exactly the smartest use of funds, I agree, but I've done it before when I went to see the band play Projekt Revolution, but I don't use my brain well apparently so that must be why, although I would argue that doing something like that just to see HIM and HIM alone would be the very definition of a fan, but it's whatever) I would've been bummed that I didn't get to see something special and unique like the lead singer from my favorite band do a solo set (seeing as who knows if/when another opportunity to do so will arise). If it was Daniel Lioneye that was advertised from way back instead like Rambo Rimbaud was and the same thing happened where HIM came out and performed instead of them, would you feel the same way about it like you do in this instance? Probably, but I hope at least you can see where I'm coming from a little bit better now. Despite it all, I also do fully understand that there's an overwhelming number of fans that don't care what happens as long as they're in the same vicinity of Ville and get to stare at him in person for a little while, and that is likely the reason why no one else besides me who wasn't even there is even bringing up this shit and talking about it. They don't care about it, so I shouldn't either, but someone has to be the voice of reason around here. :P
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 08:46:41 AM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline Rasta666

• Linde's Hairstylist
  • Hitman
  • Associate
  • Sex, Drugs & Love Metal
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2015, 09:55:30 AM »
I'm back!!

Hey everyone! Nice to see you guys again. Been a while since I've been on the been forum or up-to-date on the band, so let me start out by saying:

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!?!?!

Gas leaves the band. Ville changes his name to Billy. Now we have a new drummer? What else am I missing? Don't tell me Linde cut off his dreads! ;)

In all seriousness I've been really out of the loop with the band. Growing up is now starting to take a toll me, and some of the stuff I used to love, one of which was shooting the shit with you guys, is shit I just can't seem to find time for. Well I'm glad to be back, and hope I can keep posting here as regularly as I used to. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

DSC5LU

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2015, 05:28:20 PM »

It's so damn bizarre to me that you're not the only one, judging from the comments I scrolled through on the band's Facebook page, that think this way. As a HIM fan (obviously, or else I wouldn't even be here) if I would've been the one to have paid the price of a festival ticket because Rambo Rimbaud (what we know to be the name of Ville's solo side-project, not just another nickname to refer to him as) was advertised to play and that was what made me buy the ticket and show up to begin with (which isn't exactly the smartest use of funds, I agree, but I've done it before when I went to see the band play Projekt Revolution, but I don't use my brain well apparently so that must be why, although I would argue that doing something like that just to see HIM and HIM alone would be the very definition of a fan, but it's whatever) I would've been bummed that I didn't get to see something special and unique like the lead singer from my favorite band do a solo set (seeing as who knows if/when another opportunity to do so will arise). If it was Daniel Lioneye that was advertised from way back instead like Rambo Rimbaud was and the same thing happened where HIM came out and performed instead of them, would you feel the same way about it like you do in this instance? Probably, but I hope at least you can see where I'm coming from a little bit better now. Despite it all, I also do fully understand that there's an overwhelming number of fans that don't care what happens as long as they're in the same vicinity of Ville and get to stare at him in person for a little while, and that is likely the reason why no one else besides me who wasn't even there is even bringing up this shit and talking about it. They don't care about it, so I shouldn't either, but someone has to be the voice of reason around here. :P
[/size]

I understand what you're saying, but what I'm saying is that if someone went to this festival and was bummed that their favourite band played instead of just one member of said band, they're obviously not that big of a fan. I think those people are Ville Valo fans. I, personally, am a fan of the band. Yes, Ville is a great singer/songwriter...but Ville is not HIM.

Offline Danny

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2015, 08:02:00 PM »
I was at Qstock festival, front row :D As a drummer and a drum nerd i must say i'm super impressed with the new guy. My thoughts after the first song was "bye bye gas". He uses doube bass pedals, has two China's(cymbal used a lot within metal/hardcore), metal fills and changes things up. As i like to say: HIM with a metal twist! I am fucking excited for their future and especially new music with this guy in the band. Here's a photo i took during the gig. There was a interview with their new tour manager in the newspaper the day after and she said that she didnt know that HIM was planning a surprise gig until they we're packing their stuff and was heading to the festival.

Here's a video(not mine) i found of Rebel Yell. It shows some of the awesome stuff he does to the songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHFbdKQ3Igo

« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 08:04:04 PM by Danny »

Offline Thanatos

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2015, 10:30:14 PM »
So.. to be HIM's drummer must have a catchy nickname huh?   ::)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 10:32:31 PM by Thanatos »