Author Topic: Nightwish  (Read 3903 times)

Offline Ziggy18

Nightwish
« on: March 25, 2015, 03:26:06 PM »
The new album Endless Forms Most Beautiful is really good.  They are on their 3rd female singer now.  I liked Tarja the best but this new singer fits well.  They are on tour in the States soon if anyone wanted to know.  Im going to the Cleveland show at the Agora April17th.  Ive liked them for a while since the Finnish tie to HIM. 
Run Away From The Sun

Offline Inferno

Re: Nightwish
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 10:29:54 PM »
The 2nd chick already left? I stopped being a fan once Tarja left and I don't know how they expected someone else to fill her shoes.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 12:08:23 AM »
Ooh yeah that's right. I haven't checked out the new album yet. Will do. I think Annette left because she wanted to focus on her family although I don't really know a lot about that. But I liked her more than Tarja. I think the more rock based sound that Annette and Floor have are easier to relate to as a fan. Like as a fan I can't sing along to Tarja's opera vocals and being able to sing-a-long with a song is an important factor to me. I also see a lot of internet rumors about how Tarja treated her fans, just rumors, but everything I have seen and heard about Floor is really positive. I also think the more rock type vocals leave more space for Marco to contribute vocally. I wouldn't say they were unpopular but as far as the US goes I think they started doing better here after Dark Passion Play.

Offline AndreRibeiroPT

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 06:29:18 AM »
My favourite was Tarja but I do like a lot Floor Jansen. She has a very good voice and she can sing every kind of music. Anette has a good voice but I don´t think she fitted very well in Nightwish. I want to buy this new Album and take a listen...
"...I am dead to you, a shadow doomed
My love, forever in the dark
And of all untruths the truest is you
Too close to my heart..."

Offline Jay

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 04:31:28 PM »
I was out of the Nightwish loop.  I'll check out the new material.  Didn't know the 2nd girl had left.  Dark Passion Play was just on my shuffle at the gym.

Offline dr3amsofglass

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 08:51:12 PM »
I actually prefer Floor over Tarja. I haven't heard the new album yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing them on tour this time around.
HIM gifs blog YouTube channel
My shows: 4/30/04 | 11/2/05 | 11/3/05 | 11/5/05 | 10/21/06 | 8/7/07 | 11/7/07 | 11/17/07 | 4/13/12 | 9/22/13 | 11/25/13 | 3/18/14 | 3/20/14

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 09:40:42 AM »
I think Anette Olzon's voice was terrible in Nightwish. She always sang to her nose :P But i agree that Floor is pretty good.

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 09:54:49 PM »
The new album didn't really appeal to me. Wasn't bad but wasn't great either. It was kind of like when I tried to watch the old black and white subtitled version of Nosferatu. I wanted to watch attentively and say it was good but all the airy organ music and slow pace put me to sleep. Same thing here including the end result.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 04:20:13 PM by KissTheVoid »

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 04:58:04 PM »
Its growing on me.  At first i didnt like Elan but now its a favorite.  Best songs
1.Yours Is An Empty Hope
2.Edema Ruh
3.Endless Forms Most Beautiful
4.Shudder Before The Beautiful
5.Elan

Ive been playin it non stop, mix between dark passion play and imaginerium.

A bonus track Sagan is awesone from the Elan Sngle.

The old drummer should join HIM.
Run Away From The Sun

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 05:38:08 PM »
It's growing on me.  At first I didn't like Elan but now its a favorite.  Best songs
1.Yours Is An Empty Hope
2.Edema Ruh
5.Elan

I've been playin' it non stop, mix between Dark Passion Play and Imaginerium.

A bonus track Sagan is awesome from the Elan Single.

The old drummer should join HIM.

If I had to order the ones that captured my attention.
1. Edema Ruh
2. Our Decades in the Sun
3. The Greatest Show on Earth
4. The Eyes of Sharbat Gula

And if you happen to be talking about Jukka he didn't leave Nightwish. He is just taking a break due to problems with insomnia.

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 09:30:30 AM »
It's growing on me.  At first I didn't like Elan but now its a favorite.  Best songs
1.Yours Is An Empty Hope
2.Edema Ruh
5.Elan

If I had to order the ones that captured my attention.
1. Edema Ruh
2. Our Decades in the Sun
3. The Greatest Show on Earth
4. The Eyes of Sharbat Gula

And if you happen to be talking about Jukka he didn't leave Nightwish. He is just taking a break due to problems with insomnia.

Atleast we agree edema ruh is awesome.  The greatest show on earth is growing on me too, its 25 minutes long lol.  I like our decades in the sun but its deff the balad.  The eyes of sherbert gala is just an instrumental so im not a fan.  Every song is good other then TEOSG.   You have to listen to it a couple times and it will grow on anyone.
Run Away From The Sun

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 02:33:04 PM »
It's definitely a grower. So far I'm digging Shudder Before The Beautiful, Alpenglow, Elan, Endless Forms Most Beautiful, and My Walden.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2015, 05:45:42 PM »
Im going to cleveland the 17th.  Wont miss this, saw the 69 eyes and him x9, rasmus never toured in states.
Run Away From The Sun

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2015, 09:57:34 AM »
Cleveland was awesome, Nightwish is just as good as HIM live.  My walden and The Greatest Show On Earth were my fav new live tracks surprisingly and Ever Dream/Ghost Love Score were both amazing.  Floor is such a good live singer. 
Setlist

Shudder Before the Beautiful
Yours Is an Empty Hope
Amaranth
She Is My Sin
Endless Forms Most Beautiful
My Walden
The Islander
Élan
Weak Fantasy
Storytime
Ever Dream
I Want My Tears Back
Stargazers
Sleeping Sun
The Greatest Show on Earth
Encore:
Ghost Love Score
Last Ride of the Day

I ended up meeting Thomas outside after the show, got a really cool event shirt too.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 10:24:29 AM by Ziggy18 »
Run Away From The Sun

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2015, 12:37:16 PM »
They are playing here (well the only concert location close to here) tomorrow. I want to go but I don't think I know anyone who is going. It really sucks sometimes not being able to drive.

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2016, 04:21:51 AM »
Got the meet and greet for my hometown pittsburgh, cool diif songs for same tour
Romanticide
Bless The Child
While Your Lips Are Still Red
7Days To The Wolves
Nemo (favorite song maybe, deffinetly fav tarja track)

I hugged floor and told her she was beautiful
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 04:48:47 AM by Ziggy18 »
Run Away From The Sun