Author Topic: 2015 Tour  (Read 49393 times)

Offline vampireheart616

Re: 2015 Tour
« Reply #175 on: October 22, 2015, 01:22:38 AM »
10.21 setlist

Not sure if this is 100%, not a horrible setlist, nice to see theyre still playing deep shadows songs still hopefully they ad some more rare songs for the next tour, they need to play loves requiem im still mad at myself I decided to go to starland amd not nyc  >:(
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #176 on: October 22, 2015, 01:46:01 AM »

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #177 on: October 22, 2015, 11:58:13 AM »
fuck this band, they had 2 months off, they have a new drummer and they didnt even bother to practice  their other song with him to see how is he doing it live.
NO, instead of that, they got stuck on their singles and thats it. There is no need for them to make a new album. Why? Just to add it to the collection? And what is the band good for if they play still the same 15 songs on every gig ? 8 albums and they are playing the same songs over and over again. Year after year.
It was obvious when they tried to do rare song last year - Loves Requiem. It sucked so they dropped it after ONE try. They can do these songs, they dont need to spend time in the rehearsals as they are actually practicing these songs on every concert.

Offline Zhivago

« Reply #178 on: October 23, 2015, 11:47:51 AM »
And that's why I have no plans to see HIM. Same old, same old... and Ville has the stage presence of a rock.

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
  • There is no end to the hurting - I love you...
« Reply #179 on: October 24, 2015, 03:27:43 AM »
Same shitty set list. I'm sure Ville sounded nasally and off key yet again. I mean, if he thinks changing the set list will mess with his vocals/music, he should stop performing, because his vocals suck now.

The only way I see them changing the set list is if Ville has an accident and his face is disfigured and he looks like a monster. Then the fangirls will stop coming to shows, and people won't go to see the same fucjing songs they always play...

There's literally 5 songs that should be on the setlist every time: WOAB, YS666, Wicked Game, Join Me and Right here in my arms. The other 10-15 should be different every night.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 03:34:33 AM by Eric616 »
We are the ones with moonlit hearts - run to me
And we belong to another world
Run to me

Offline AcousticFuneral

• Mobbed Up
  • Once Again We've Found Ourselves To Be Lost
« Reply #180 on: October 24, 2015, 11:27:59 AM »
If Ville thinks they need to play only singles to accommodate everyone he's wrong anyone who wants to see them probably has by now. He'd be far better off keeping the old fans happy than playing singles incase there's new fans there. I think the fact the Helldone hasn't sold out is a terrible sign for the band its unheard of.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 02:58:16 PM by AcousticFuneral »
HIM Shows-14/03/10 19/03/10 28/12/12 29/12/12 30/12/12 31/12/12 26/04/13 21/10/13 27/10/13 31/12/13 31/12/14 27/12/15 30/12/15 31/12/15 16/12/17 27/12/17 31/12/17
VV Shows-13/01/23 14/01/23 15/01/23 14/03/23 29/12/23 30/12/23 31/12/23

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #181 on: October 24, 2015, 02:16:56 PM »
Sick of the complaining about the set.  They have 8 albums and every artist plays the hits.   When they promote an album they will play the new songs.  If u want an artist who plays different sets than go to a dave matthews show.   They brought back rebel yell, dsabh songs, sw songs, for you etc recently.  Sick of the whining. 

Wish i woulda went to the NY show to hear loves requim too, woulda been better than the MD show.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 02:18:38 PM by Ziggy18 »
Run Away From The Sun

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #182 on: October 24, 2015, 06:34:00 PM »
They have 8 albums, and they are playing the same songs over and over again, 2 song max from an album  but now they retired Screamworks songs again. Recently they retired all ToT songs as well....... What is the point of playing covers if they have 8 albums? Fuck Rebel Yell, fuck Wicked Game. 
When they will release another album, the first songs to go retired will be DSBH songs, the rest will be the same. Its simple - they dont need to spend time rehearsing, they did these songs so many times live that they can play it backwards with hands tied up.... And "all" the fans must be happy and satisfied because they will do BABL, JOIN ME and ROTWOAB...  1 setlist for the entire YEAR , changes only that we will retire some songs throughout the tour, wont add fresh tracks.
Singles are not their hits, these were chosen by label to sell out most records. Its not showing the quality of the band and its not their "greatest" . The real gems are ignored by the band.
Just look at the "dream setlist", "wanted live songs" and topics like that. I doubt someone truly want to hear BABL live,... or Kiss of Dawn....
At least they still keep Pretending, surprisingly, but at least.....
Of course fans are bitching, what else we can do? You wont enjoy the same shit all the time, try listening to ONE particular song for like few hours , you will be sick of it after 1 hour.
There is no need of attending more HIM shows, one gig per tour is enough because you know you wont miss anything if you wont follow their tour.... The lack of surprise is terrible.
This is not the greatest attitude towards the fans i suppose...

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #183 on: October 24, 2015, 09:13:21 PM »
Their next album should be called "Cruise Control" and consist only of re-recordings of songs everyone loves and NEVER gets tired of like Buried Alive By Love, Rip Out The Wings Of A Butterfly, and The Kiss Of Dawn. Several years in the making! Should sell like hotcakes.

All I know is that something needs to be done to slow down this free fall, but I don't know what it could be at this point. It's too little, too late. In many ways, they made their own bed; now they have to lie in it. You can't just fall off the face of the Earth and expect everyone to still be standing around waiting for your return so you can just pick right up where you left off from, and you certainly can't alienate the ones who did decide it was worth it to stay through that time period when you do finally come back.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 10:37:10 PM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
  • Let's get these teen hearts beating faster, faster
« Reply #184 on: October 24, 2015, 11:04:55 PM »
I haven't been around long enough to feel comfortable judging the setlist, so I won't. However, I do find it weird that they didn't play any SW or TOT songs, since those are their most recent albums. I mean, they did play a couple of those in August, so why not keep a few, even if the set was shorter now in general?

And I get why people are annoyed (though I don't mind the set list, personally) but I also see why they're sticking to singles. Both sides do have valid points. In the end, it doesn't even matter what they play, there will always be people complaining.

I mean, if he thinks changing the set list will mess with his vocals/music, he should stop performing, because his vocals suck now.

Was there any talk of this? (Ville thinking that, not his vocals sucking >.>) Because I don't exactly get your train of thought tbh. Why should a different set list change the quality of his vocals? Do you want to imply that the current set list contains the songs he sings least terribly, or...?

The only way I see them changing the set list is if Ville has an accident and his face is disfigured and he looks like a monster. Then the fangirls will stop coming to shows, and people won't go to see the same fucjing songs they always play...

I do realize that this is some kind of pet peeve for me. But I really can't stand it when 'the fangirls' get blamed for everything. Seriously. Every now and then someone here on the forum does that and it's usually utter bullshit.
Yes, there are people - admittedly, mostly girls - in the fandom and at gigs that, let's say, might overdo it a bit. They get very excited, maybe they scream a lot, maybe they have a celebrity crush on one of the guys (You probably won't believe me but it's not always only Ville, you know?) or whatever. You have every right to be annoyed with that, even though I think it would be much easier for everyone if you just accepted it and stopped complaining. There's no use in it whatsoever and it's really getting on my nerves.

And now, more importantly and to focus a bit more on your statement: Stop randomly blaming 'fangirls', ffs.
Since it's always about fangirls, what do you think how girls 'choose' what music or band they like? Browse bandpics and become a fan of the one with the best-looking guys? You can't possibly think that. Stop implying that 'fangirls' are superficial horny teenagers running after good-looking musicians without caring about the music in any way.

I'm not sure how much you mean it or how much you're, well, 'joking', I don't only find your suggestion appalling but I also don't get how you could think this would solve your problem of a 'shitty set list'. It's really not that easy.
Can you honestly imagine the band would notice there aren't any 'fangirls' at their gigs anymore and happily change it? Do you think the only thing holding them back is a bunch of girls that only like the most well-known songs? (What would be wrong with that anyway?) Do you assume everyone who is not a hardcore fan only goes to gigs to stare at Ville? (There's not enough stage lighting for that to be a valid option anyway.)
I don't think your conclusion makes any sense. If Ville was looking 'like a monster', people would still want to hear the most well-known songs. What kind of logic are you following? 'Ugly people have only hardcore fans that want to hear not!singles live'? 'Songs written by monster!Ville only appeal to sensible people like us and thus won't attract any 'fangirls''?

As you can see, I have a lot of strong feelings about this and I could probably go on for a few paragraphs more, but I'm sure you get the idea.
I know I got really worked up about this and that I wouldn't even need to feel addressed by your comment. I'm sorry I picked that statement apart this bad, but this really hit a nerve and it's not the first occasion on which someone unjustifiedly blamed 'fangirls', so I really felt the need to write about it this lengthy. I'm shutting up now.

tl;dr: Stop blaming your 'fangirls' ffs. They're neither how you picture them nor in any way related to your problem.
Will you dance to this beat and hold a lover close

DSC5LU

« Reply #185 on: October 25, 2015, 02:02:49 AM »
You guys are all little whiny bitches. Seriously, if you don't like the band anymore then fucking leave. Personally, aside from the drunken disaster year of 2006, each time I've seen them over the years they've gotten better and better. Last year when I saw them at The Fillmore in San Francisco they were tighter and more focused than ever.

You guys do realize that this is exactly what you do every time there is a lull, right? You all freak out and say the band is going to shit and that you're on the edge of saying "Fuck you!" to HIM forever... and then they put out a new album and everything is peaches and cream again. Unless you're @616 and you're never happy unless they decide to bring "Resurrection" out of retirement which they never will since it's slow and plodding and doesn't serve to get anyone moving.

That's what you all forget: most people just want to go and enjoy a night out with their significant other shaking their ass to something familiar. It's call the music BUSINESS. The reason a band plays what they play on a given tour is based on the audience they are playing to, and generally the hits are what people want to see. Only the diehard fans want to see rarities and new shit. You have to remember that most of the people attending these shows are only passing listeners of HIM and would never know a song like "Stigmata Diaboli" if they played it.

It becomes painfully obvious that none of you have ever been in a touring band every time you cry about shit like this.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #186 on: October 25, 2015, 03:07:44 AM »
@Kuusi i like your post, but if Resurrection is slow and wont make anyone moving,.... how In joy and sorrow, KISS OF DAWN, WLADE, .. will? Resurrection is similar to Funeral Of Hearts and they are doing it anyway. It has nothing to do with "its slow and plodding and people will be dead still in the crowd. Resurrection was never a single, its the 10th song on the album and they simply will rather do Gone with the sin if they have to bring back some RR song because it was a single and there was a music video so "more people will know it"... but yeah it was 15 years ago, a lot of fans were still just recently born and when they grew to age they found HIM maybe when TOT ..... Gone With The Sin was already so unknown as its not being part of the nowadays hitparades ,.....
The point i would like to express is that, there is a stable part of their fanbase. But if they will do always just the same on EVERY gig of the entire tour, there is no need to see it again because "oh look there is another favorite band" playing the same night as HIM but i have already heard Wicked Game 30 times and the rest of the setlist 25+ ,.. i will rather go to see whatever other band playing the same night instead as i wont miss anything on HIM gig" ..... The essence of the music business should be "making as much as possible" and if they wont be able to sell out the gig at the venue with 1500 capacity, its not a good business even though the 700 will scream and squirt with BABL.....
Practicing 30 songs for a tour and keeping 12 songs stable (hits) and the rest 5/6 rotating each gig will make more fans to follow them as "oh fuck they played Beyond Redemption yesterday and two days earlier they did Dead Lovers Lane instead! That is my favorite song and i was always hoping to hear it. What if they will do Bury Me Deep Inside tonight? I cant risk it, lets see them again" ... they need to keep their fans excited. It costs a little of rotating songs in the setlist as they are not playing live shows just because they love their hits.....

I have seen them on Fezen festival this august and the day after in Bratislava, i mean Fezen was great i enjoyed it and it was great to hear and see them again. But in Bratislava it was THE SAME so it was , "yeah i know exactly when i need to start and stop recording with camera so i wont miss the intro of the next song" .... altough they sounded much better in Bratislava, but i was already satisfied from Fezen so the same songs did nothing to me.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 03:14:10 AM by 616 »

Offline AcousticFuneral

• Mobbed Up
  • Once Again We've Found Ourselves To Be Lost
« Reply #187 on: October 25, 2015, 09:14:04 AM »
I don't expect them to change the setlist mid tour but why go back to the boring one even Helldone shows have the same boring setlist plus maybe 2 extra songs if you're lucky and with the ridiculous price of $100+ a night they should do better.
HIM Shows-14/03/10 19/03/10 28/12/12 29/12/12 30/12/12 31/12/12 26/04/13 21/10/13 27/10/13 31/12/13 31/12/14 27/12/15 30/12/15 31/12/15 16/12/17 27/12/17 31/12/17
VV Shows-13/01/23 14/01/23 15/01/23 14/03/23 29/12/23 30/12/23 31/12/23

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #188 on: October 25, 2015, 09:58:47 AM »
You know your business plan is working great when on your last US tour, not one single show sold out; or when two out of the three of your upcoming yearly New Years shows that everyone used to always look forward still have tickets remaining at the end of October. Look at all the shit once considered rare and valuable on eBay that everyone's trying to get rid of now, but no one wants, even when some of the asking prices are a mere fraction of what they used to go for. Look at the HIM Collectors page on Facebook and see all of the interest people have on there to buy things that were once highly valued, or simply anything at all. Now, granted, the prices back when the band's popularity was in its peak were hugely inflated due to a bunch of teenage fans with jobs but no bills to pay, and they were all battling it out amongst each other to acquire as much shit as possible to show off on the Internet and be crowned the biggest HIM fan in the Galaxy - but still, the interest just isn't there anymore for older fans to want to keep their stuff still, or the new fans to want to have any of it from them. A band can't get by on just passing interest and casual fans alone, at least this one can't. They need to hook people and keep the people they already have hooked on board, but this band is simply terrible at doing that nowadays. They're just kind of whimpering along now in the shadows, staying as low key as possible and keeping everything that they may or may not be doing a secret. People get tired of being kept in the dark. They get tired of waiting, tired of getting excited for something that turns out to be a let down by their standards. People have gone crazy over the last few albums when they first came out, but you'll notice that soon after, once the buzz wears off, they're promptly put at the end of the list of their favorites. I don't know. Maybe we're the crazy ones for sticking around hoping things will change and get better. We all certainly know what this band is capable of. And that's just it: they're capable of more, and that's what's disappointing the most. I don't think anyone can disagree that they've lost their vigor. Gas said fuck it, this isn't fun or worth it anymore, and jumped off the sinking ship. I don't want to see the ship sink, though. I'd rather it regain it's strength one last time, wave goodbye with pride, and sail off into the sunset. Ville and company don't seem to agree, though. While the ship's going down, instead of trying to keep it afloat, they're just going through the motions until finally they all end up underwater. That's what it seems like to me anyways.

Offline Politex

« Reply #189 on: October 25, 2015, 03:45:11 PM »
DIA 10/12, no Circo Voador - Rio de Janeiro
DIA 11/12, no Tropical Butantã - São Paulo

Maybe i'll be going.

Btw, stop whining about the setlist, it's never going to be perfect and if u went to one single show in this Tears on Tape tour you can clearly see that Ville is just happy that some people still goes to his shows and nothing more.
i'm from Brazil , my english isn't perfect~ ;)

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
« Reply #190 on: October 27, 2015, 09:53:05 AM »
I haven't been around long enough to feel comfortable judging the setlist, so I won't. However, I do find it weird that they didn't play any SW or TOT songs, since those are their most recent albums. I mean, they did play a couple of those in August, so why not keep a few, even if the set was shorter now in general?

And I get why people are annoyed (though I don't mind the set list, personally) but I also see why they're sticking to singles. Both sides do have valid points. In the end, it doesn't even matter what they play, there will always be people complaining.

I mean, if he thinks changing the set list will mess with his vocals/music, he should stop performing, because his vocals suck now.

Was there any talk of this? (Ville thinking that, not his vocals sucking >.>) Because I don't exactly get your train of thought tbh. Why should a different set list change the quality of his vocals? Do you want to imply that the current set list contains the songs he sings least terribly, or...?

I do realize that this is some kind of pet peeve for me. But I really can't stand it when 'the fangirls' get blamed for everything. Seriously. Every now and then someone here on the forum does that and it's usually utter bullshit.
Yes, there are people - admittedly, mostly girls - in the fandom and at gigs that, let's say, might overdo it a bit. They get very excited, maybe they scream a lot, maybe they have a celebrity crush on one of the guys (You probably won't believe me but it's not always only Ville, you know?) or whatever. You have every right to be annoyed with that, even though I think it would be much easier for everyone if you just accepted it and stopped complaining. There's no use in it whatsoever and it's really getting on my nerves.

And now, more importantly and to focus a bit more on your statement: Stop randomly blaming 'fangirls', ffs.
Since it's always about fangirls, what do you think how girls 'choose' what music or band they like? Browse bandpics and become a fan of the one with the best-looking guys? You can't possibly think that. Stop implying that 'fangirls' are superficial horny teenagers running after good-looking musicians without caring about the music in any way.

I'm not sure how much you mean it or how much you're, well, 'joking', I don't only find your suggestion appalling but I also don't get how you could think this would solve your problem of a 'shitty set list'. It's really not that easy.
Can you honestly imagine the band would notice there aren't any 'fangirls' at their gigs anymore and happily change it? Do you think the only thing holding them back is a bunch of girls that only like the most well-known songs? (What would be wrong with that anyway?) Do you assume everyone who is not a hardcore fan only goes to gigs to stare at Ville? (There's not enough stage lighting for that to be a valid option anyway.)
I don't think your conclusion makes any sense. If Ville was looking 'like a monster', people would still want to hear the most well-known songs. What kind of logic are you following? 'Ugly people have only hardcore fans that want to hear not!singles live'? 'Songs written by monster!Ville only appeal to sensible people like us and thus won't attract any 'fangirls''?

As you can see, I have a lot of strong feelings about this and I could probably go on for a few paragraphs more, but I'm sure you get the idea.
I know I got really worked up about this and that I wouldn't even need to feel addressed by your comment. I'm sorry I picked that statement apart this bad, but this really hit a nerve and it's not the first occasion on which someone unjustifiedly blamed 'fangirls', so I really felt the need to write about it this lengthy. I'm shutting up now.

tl;dr: Stop blaming your 'fangirls' ffs. They're neither how you picture them nor in any way related to your problem.
Ville is a perfectionist. He thinks if they changed the setlist he would fuck it up somehow.

You are right about the fangirls being all to blame for the setlist. Casual fans are to blame as well. And there are in fact girls and even guys as well that were attracted to HIM because of Ville's looks first and foremost. Take a look at the fans at the front of the stage. Mostly women. Although that is changing somewhat. How many videos on YouTube of close ups of Ville? When I say fangirls I don't mean women who are fans of the music and may also find Ville attractive.

I mean, look at all these definitions of Ville: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ville+valo He's being objectified for the most part.
Run to me

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
« Reply #191 on: October 27, 2015, 07:32:32 PM »
Ville is a perfectionist. He thinks if they changed the setlist he would fuck it up somehow.

I still don't exactly get it, sorry. I don't see how one could believe that changing a set list would cause any problems. Sure, there are better options and worse, but there's enough songs and options to arrange them in a nice order. And he won't sing a song better or worse if it was played sooner or later. Anyway.

You are right about the fangirls being all to blame for the setlist. Casual fans are to blame as well.

Well, I wouldn't want to blame anyone here, but that is of course a matter of perspective. I accept your opinion but I don't agree with it. There was enough talk of 'People want to hear the most popular songs' versus 'The more involved fans deserve to get some rarities' here.

And there are in fact girls and even guys as well that were attracted to HIM because of Ville's looks first and foremost.

Agreed, these people do exist. But what do you think, how long do they stick around if they don't 'learn to love the music'? I'm sure this could have been a valid point 15 years ago (or 10, if you're in the US), but today? Not so much. Celebrity crushes fade. You either stay a fan because of the music, or you wander off at some point. The number of people getting attracted to HIM because of Ville's looks is fairly small these days, especially with the reduced media attention.

Take a look at the fans at the front of the stage. Mostly women. Although that is changing somewhat.

Right. But people in the front row don't necessarily have to be what you call fangirls.
In addition to that, women are generally more inclined to show emotions like exitement and act accordingly. They are thus more likely to try to get to the front. Of course, there are musicians for whose gigs the ratio of men/women in the front row is much different, but that depends on what kind of music is being played. In the case of HIM, the vast majority of songs deals with love and related topics (or can at least reasonably be interpreted that way) and in our society this is still something that is associated mostly with women.
This is however a complicated topic that goes way beyond what we're discussing and I truly hope I didn't offend anyone with my clumsy wording.

How many videos on YouTube of close ups of Ville?

Well, I haven't seen very many but I can agree with you, there are a lot. You have to consider which people upload these, though. The group of people uploading videos to YouTube is not representative of the group of people going to the gigs. If you only care about the music, you are less likely to record a video. The people uploading videos to YouTube are generally the ones caring about the visuals more than others.

When I say fangirls I don't mean women who are fans of the music and may also find Ville attractive.

Right, this is a question of definition. You only imply what you mean, though.
Still, if we go for your implied definition, my point stands that there aren't that many of them. Definitely not enough to play a role in set list questions.

I mean, look at all these definitions of Ville: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ville+valo He's being objectified for the most part.

I only read a couple of them and I think they all claim that he's sexy, a lot of the ones I only took a glace at are indeed over the top. Not exclusively, though. Some are more objective, but I do agree with you, he is being sexualized heavily.
But look at the dates (I checked all of them): Nearly all definitions were submitted in 2004, a couple in '05 and '06 and exactly one in each '08, '09 and '10. Like I already said, this isn't much of an issue anymore.

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
« Reply #192 on: October 28, 2015, 08:22:24 AM »
The popularity of the band has dwindled because of the lack of new women fans nowadays. They either jumped ship, or they're still along. They were the main demographic.

And Ville doesn't want to vary the setlist because the more amount of songs, the more opportunities to fuck them up. He has a core of songs that he's perfected for the most part. He has a hard time reaching the higher octaves than he used to. The majority of the songs now are the lower octaves. His lower range has grown, while the upper range has dropped.
Run to me

Offline SilverLiningBE

« Reply #193 on: October 29, 2015, 09:51:18 AM »
then looked at Burton asking 'What happend?' as if it was his fault :D

I was at that gig too, are you sure it's not because one of Burton's keyboard almost fell on the floor?

I don't know what happened to the "old" members of the crew (Sean, Antti and even Janne) but the new ones really suck! (to my opinion)
"Hurting Linde is like hurting Bambi, you just can't do it..." - Ville Valo

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
« Reply #194 on: October 29, 2015, 02:21:58 PM »
The popularity of the band has dwindled because of the lack of new women fans nowadays. They either jumped ship, or they're still along. They were the main demographic.

And Ville doesn't want to vary the setlist because the more amount of songs, the more opportunities to fuck them up. He has a core of songs that he's perfected for the most part. He has a hard time reaching the higher octaves than he used to. The majority of the songs now are the lower octaves. His lower range has grown, while the upper range has dropped.

You make it sound like all woman were to blame for dwindling popularity... Which I hope you didn't mean and which obviously isn't right. Actually, the other way around is more accurate: There are less (new) fans because of decreasing popularity.

Well, I have no idea if that's true or not or what Ville thinks or wants or not. But if I think back to some comments e.g. on Into the Night, those suggest that either you're wrong or Ville didn't pick the songs he sings best or he became a less than decent singer in general :D

then looked at Burton asking 'What happend?' as if it was his fault :D

I was at that gig too, are you sure it's not because one of Burton's keyboard almost fell on the floor?

I don't know what happened to the "old" members of the crew (Sean, Antti and even Janne) but the new ones really suck! (to my opinion)

Oh, that's absolutely possible! I couldn't see much (due to my impressive height of 161cm xD) so I was under the impression he was referring to forgetting the lyrics. But this makes much more sense!

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
« Reply #195 on: October 29, 2015, 09:33:22 PM »

You make it sound like all woman were to blame for dwindling popularity... Which I hope you didn't mean and which obviously isn't right. Actually, the other way around is more accurate: There are less (new) fans because of decreasing popularity.

Well, I have no idea if that's true or not or what Ville thinks or wants or not. But if I think back to some comments e.g. on Into the Night, those suggest that either you're wrong or Ville didn't pick the songs he sings best or he became a less than decent singer in general.
It's a lack of new fans in general.

And Into the Night is falsetto. He still hasn't lost that. The verses though? All lower octaves. Haha
Run to me

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
« Reply #196 on: October 30, 2015, 04:10:44 AM »
And Into the Night is falsetto. He still hasn't lost that. The verses though? All lower octaves. Haha

I didn't say he lost his falsetto, I said there are comments that suggest he can't sing anymore.
Let me quote the forum:

"now guys , take off the pink glasses and to be honest, who else noticed that Ville is complete off key and voiceless? Dont consider this as a criticism or bitching, just to be honest if you are not tone deaf you must have heard that he was off key in every fucking song , please note that i am not saying that he was off key the entire song, but in every song he was off key from time to time, that singing thru the nose is very bad habit , now i believe that the weird sounding vocals from reissues live bonus tracks from 2013 and 2014 are auto-tuned in the studio when they were mixing and mastering the live multitrack from the gig"

"yeah, he sounded like ish in vegas. He didn't sound all that better in SD. I even wear earplugs to cut down on the highs. When you're there you don't notice it AS much. But sourced right from the soundboard it's bad"

"I can handle everyone saying Ville is off key nowadays because he is and I can deal with the failed screams but it honestly pisses me off to see anyone on here say that Ville doesn't focus on his singing or isn't trying anymore. [...] If anything the only reason that stuff bothers anyone so much is because you know he is trying for it and failing"

"just between us, they should retire Into The Night or play it pretty lower because Ville cant handle the chorus at all :( its a pitty"

(I didn't include the details because that always takes up quite a bit of space, but I can add them, if you want.)

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
« Reply #197 on: October 30, 2015, 05:16:37 AM »
Yeah, I don't like how nasally he sounds. That started when when he was drinking heavily, then it stopped when he got sober, and it's back now that he's drinking. I'm pretty sure it contributes to him being off-key. He was off key a lot in 2005-06, and the one show before rehab in 2007.
Run to me

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #198 on: October 30, 2015, 06:00:30 AM »
He was not drinking this tour - for example in Bratislava he was drinking non alcoholic beer, sounded great though. Well, not great as in 2003 but  very  very  good!!!!!. Even Into the Night was well done!
I mean he wont sing like he used to back in the days, he was great until 2004. Even when he was on cocaine and drunk as fuck, he was great. For example Taubertal 2003 - he was wasted like a fuck but he did a great job.... but now he is good enough - its not a disaster as it was on Helldone 2012 for example.

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #199 on: November 02, 2015, 03:20:28 PM »

I didn't say he lost his falsetto, I said there are comments that suggest he can't sing anymore.
Let me quote the forum:

"I can handle everyone saying Ville is off key nowadays because he is and I can deal with the failed screams but it honestly pisses me off to see anyone on here say that Ville doesn't focus on his singing or isn't trying anymore. [...] If anything the only reason that stuff bothers anyone so much is because you know he is trying for it and failing"

While I agree with what you are saying for the most part Kaysa, I still stand by this comment as of when I made it. At that particular period of time this was my honest opinion. I didn't just say so because everyone else was. At the time I felt the stuff I was hearing from them was rather off and that he sounded super tired which is perhaps why the screams sounded failed to me. Kind of like a car with no gas in the tank. But those things aside I didn't say (at least not that I recall, like you said you did shorten some of this to relevance) that he sounded bad, just off or that he couldn't sing anymore. I mostly just thought it sounded like he needed a break. I haven't really listened to much of the recent stuff but as of the time a bit after I had made that post it got better (note I say it got better not that I thought it was "fixed"). And as for the lowering of the verses I completely agree with that.