Author Topic: 2015 Tour  (Read 49386 times)

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
Re: 2015 Tour
« Reply #150 on: August 05, 2015, 08:23:55 AM »
We must be ready , hopefully they will stream HIM and hopefully HIM will have 100 minutes as they had at Fezen. Proshot would have been absolutely splendid

Offline MiLToS_666

• The HIM Bootleg Master from Greece!
  • Made Man
« Reply #151 on: August 05, 2015, 08:46:54 AM »
"It is not the spoon that bends... It is only yourself..."

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #152 on: August 05, 2015, 11:48:19 AM »
preview of my Nokia Lumia 520 recording , from the pocket of my jeans :D

MMC, Bratislava, Slovakia

RHIMA - http://we.tl/16AB0BaZTA

Offline playdead616

« Reply #153 on: August 05, 2015, 10:42:50 PM »
Kosmo plays with a very Patka-like style. More to the record, whereas Gas had more of a live version he stuck to with many of the songs (or play the RR songs on the Ride instead of the crashes, or the VD songs on the crashes not the ride..) Maybe because of his length of time in the band and different styles of certain songs they played over the years? (Some songs underwent post-tracking production, so sometimes the drums get edited and switched up. DSBH...). Patka's feel also that equally fits so well (less crash hits between measures, constant kick pattern notations, close as possible to the album tracks) . I've been drumming a long time, so to me this makes sense lol, sorry.

The endless river, forever and ever...

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
  • Let's get these teen hearts beating faster, faster
« Reply #154 on: August 06, 2015, 08:49:32 AM »
So I was in Leipzig, first things first: Fuck you, Google Maps! -- Thank you so much Random Guy With A Bike, you totally saved the day, I probably would have never even made it to the gig without you, I'm eternally grateful :D

I can't compare it to any other gig, but it was awesome! The guys seemed to have their fun, the audience seemed to have their fun, and I definitely had!
They sounded great! I was especially impressed with Ville's screams, very strong and some of them he held for quite a while -- without getting any weaker.
The Streetteam handed out 'Welcome Kosmo' signs for everyone to hold up in the beginning, which was cool, he's probably not in the easiest of situations, replacing a long term member of a band with such devoted fans.
Ville laughed his ass off after singing 'It's Linde on the guitar' right before the guitar solo during YS666 instead of whatever he uses to sing there. Later he forgot the GWTS lyrics, faltered for a moment, then looked at Burton asking 'What happend?' as if it was his fault :D
It was great overall, I wished I could go again. Will have to wait for far too long /o\

For me personally it was quite an adventure: I was on my own, 5h train ride from home, and google maps failed me completely so I had trouble finding the venue (and the way back to my hotel, probably even worse...), but that made me meet great people, which was pretty cool. (None of this was my fault, shut up xD)
The last time I cared this much about a gig I went to was when I was ~13 so I was pretty much like 'OMG these people exist and they are more or less in my vicinity, holy shit, I'm dying!?' but this time I was much more relaxed and simply incredibly happy to be there, I was surrounded be very nice people and it never felt as wonderful to sing along to each song. I would have never thought I liked anything about getting older xD
Give these young girls a break, they can't handle their hormones ;)
/quasi-diary entry done, sorry xD
Will you dance to this beat and hold a lover close

Offline Peter Forge

« Reply #155 on: August 06, 2015, 11:51:33 AM »

Ville laughed his ass off after singing 'It's Linde on the guitar' right before the guitar solo during YS666 instead of whatever he uses to sing there. Later he forgot the GWTS lyrics, faltered for a moment, then looked at Burton asking 'What happend?' as if it was his fault :D
It was great overall, I wished I could go again. Will have to wait for far too long /o\

I just saw YS666 moment and I can't stop with laughing. But anyway during search about GWTS from Leipzig I found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxWBdJsBCrQ and Ville forgot words again in Poland....it's hilarious

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
« Reply #156 on: August 06, 2015, 02:32:02 PM »
I just saw YS666 moment and I can't stop with laughing. But anyway during search about GWTS from Leipzig I found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxWBdJsBCrQ and Ville forgot words again in Poland....it's hilarious

Ahaha, yeah, that's hilarious :D
He probably couldn't think of a touch cold as ice as it was so fucking hot xD
You can see the Leipzig version here, the last minute is GWTS.

Anyway, for German speaking (err, reading xD) peeps, there's an article about the Leipzig gig. I don't think the author enjoyed it particularly much as it's written almost sarcastically, but I really had to laugh :D
Actually, he aimes mostly for the corny lyrics, sentimantalism, and Ville seemingly being a shy and androgynous youth next to all that manliness on stage, despite being a tattooed 38-year-old with a well-toned upper body :D They also call him a literal fashion victim because he's wearing a beanie even if it's quite hot xD
I still have to laugh every time I read it, it's hilarious :D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 02:34:39 PM by Kaysa »

Offline MiLToS_666

• Made Man
« Reply #157 on: August 07, 2015, 03:11:33 PM »
preview of my Nokia Lumia 520 recording , from the pocket of my jeans :D

MMC, Bratislava, Slovakia

RHIMA - http://we.tl/16AB0BaZTA

Hey this sounds nice for an "ass" recording! :P <3

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #158 on: August 07, 2015, 03:38:57 PM »
a little distorted but kind of nice yeah i know, my ass is a nice environment for making the bootlegs  , obviously :D

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #159 on: August 07, 2015, 04:36:42 PM »
and for your full pleasure, here is Killing Loneliness video from Fezen

http://we.tl/3LB7xZgy5b

enjoy oh boy :D

Offline Jacob La Fey

« Reply #160 on: August 08, 2015, 12:06:08 PM »
HIM gonna play on Kubana today - can't find stream on YT our any.

For example, reggae festiwal in Poland

Offline MiLToS_666

• Made Man
« Reply #161 on: August 08, 2015, 12:53:43 PM »
There's not gonna be a stream... Been looking since 3 days ago...

Offline Jacob La Fey

« Reply #162 on: August 08, 2015, 12:58:59 PM »
They moved from Russia last minute becouse of ortodox. Anyway some bands forbined stream in years before. Good news there is Russian site with whole 2014 HDCam so I'm hoping they record HIM.

Offline Peter Forge

« Reply #163 on: August 11, 2015, 06:45:30 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z37wfRZhg7k

Migé rocks! I love that guy!

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #164 on: August 11, 2015, 10:17:36 PM »
Michael Jackson > Steve Perry > Ville Valo

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
« Reply #165 on: August 15, 2015, 04:16:01 PM »
Such interview, much new, wow, so information

There is a new interview (July 31, published yesterday) in which Ville speaks about the upcoming album. Not exactly much to gather from it, but that's no surprise at this early stage, I guess.

Every single one of your records has had a distinct identity. "Tears On Tape" seems to be your most eclectic yet, combining elements from the previous releases. What do you think its follow-up will sound like? What will define it?
Obviously the big change in the band is the fact that we have a new drummer now. Today (31.07.2015) will be the second gig with him so we're still in our "Honeymoon" phase. I am sure that this change will affect everything. His influences are a bit different from the ones Gas had, even though they come from the same metal influenced world. However, the drummer is a great guy and he's injecting us with newfound, bigger or whatever you want to call it positivity. It remains to be seen. I've been putting together a few bits and bobs back at home, some kind of skeletal ideas that are not fully realized yet. It's hard to say because I'd wake up Monday morning and it would be great to do a really Type O Negative vibey one, and then I'd wake up on Tuesday and I'd love the record to be a really Turbonegro one. It keeps on changing and I believe that this is cool and important because it also means that we're never sure how everything will sound until the album is done, which really keeps the band on its toes. It's a constant struggle...but a very forgiving one.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 08:26:33 PM by Kaysa »

Offline Inferno

« Reply #166 on: August 15, 2015, 07:43:13 PM »
"it would be great to do a really Type O Negative vibey one"

PLEASE! For the love of all that is holy! Something similar to Gone with the Sin from SWD would be awesome.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #167 on: August 16, 2015, 05:15:16 PM »
i am just leaving this here

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fe/Pieter_Bruegel_%281565%29_Fall_of_the_Magician.jpg

so Jay,  or who makes the skins and themes , they are using it at the gigs as the backdrop and it looks absolutely brilliant

attachment taken from my video. *it looks like they inverted black and white and with all the changes of the colours of the lights it is amazing

Offline Inferno

« Reply #168 on: August 17, 2015, 01:02:03 AM »

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fe/Pieter_Bruegel_%281565%29_Fall_of_the_Magician.jpg

so Jay,  or who makes the skins and themes , they are using it at the gigs as the backdrop and it looks absolutely brilliant

attachment taken from my video. *it looks like they inverted black and white and with all the changes of the colours of the lights it is amazing
Thank you for this... I was curious about it.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #169 on: August 20, 2015, 04:35:35 PM »
"...if you'd be heartbroken by every little obstacle in the world, in general, you couldn't leave your apartment."

I am a bleeding heart who frequently has trouble convincing myself to leave my apartment so this comment stings a bit. Like, "You fail at life." Oh....  :-\

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
« Reply #170 on: August 20, 2015, 06:05:21 PM »
"...if you'd be heartbroken by every little obstacle in the world, in general, you couldn't leave your apartment."

I am a bleeding heart who frequently has trouble convincing myself to leave my apartment so this comment stings a bit. Like, "You fail at life." Oh....  :-\

I'd lie if I said 'I know how you feel' because I don't know you. But I fought depressions (and other related issues) for years - I've been in a mental health clinic for 5 months and was in therapy for 2.5 years. I don't know what you're batteling against, but if you want to talk about it with someone, feel free to message me.

Offline Jay

« Reply #171 on: August 23, 2015, 11:54:34 AM »

Awesome! I love the theme of the tour so far...It'll be fun to do a new skin!  I'm currently using the Screamworks theme.

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
« Reply #172 on: August 24, 2015, 02:02:06 PM »
HIM will be playing Knotfest in Mexico in December!

Offline kellylugosisdead

• Picciotto
  • (undead, undead, undead)
    • Tumblr
« Reply #173 on: August 24, 2015, 02:10:57 PM »
HIM will be playing Knotfest in Mexico in December!

Oh wow! Man, if it were closer to the border I'd honestly consider a road trip.
"I can barely conceive of a type of beauty in which there is no melancholy." - Charles Baudelaire

letsmakehope.com

Offline Zhivago

« Reply #174 on: September 25, 2015, 02:10:22 PM »
HIM's playing a few shows in Japan in November.